PDA

View Full Version : run your car at Road America!

SSmike1
07-26-2009, 09:39 PM
:thumbsup
http://roadamerica.fbody.us/

Hi All,
this is a great chance to run your car on a race track,
AT YOUR PACE!
there is no timing, no racing, just a Lapping day event,
where you get to run your car on the track for 4 or 5, 20 minute sessions.

there are 4 groups,
D= Novice = Begginer, with or without Instructors
C= experienced
B= Faster group with experience
A= race cars, fast cars, Much experience

It is a Very SAFE time on the race track, a chance to excercise some of that HP without getting a ticket!
PLUS,
you can take friends for a ride, we allow passengers!
:banana1:

spooln30
07-27-2009, 11:32 AM
Price??

Josepy
07-27-2009, 11:36 AM
Price??

http://roadamerica.fbody.us/paymentmethod.html

WhatsADSM
07-27-2009, 12:26 PM
Money money money. I wish it grew on trees. :(

After my last track event at Gingerman I found a few things that need to be fixed on the car before going back out. Don't think I'll have the time/cash to make to this event this year but I will try!

TheRX7Project
07-27-2009, 04:06 PM
I was thinking "cool" but then I saw the price and went "HA!"

Silver86
07-27-2009, 04:11 PM

same here!

Bobby "Big Daddy" Flay
07-27-2009, 04:20 PM
I'll be volunteering for this.

Flicktitty
07-27-2009, 04:27 PM

same here!

LOL, GLD charges what $30 to race? you can get what 10-20 passes? so you get what MAYBE 2 1/2 - 3 min of action at the most. you know how much money you would have to spend to get a full hour+ of racing?

i'll be going unsure if i liz will run her car or if we will just go and hang out.

TheRX7Project
07-27-2009, 04:39 PM
I'm not saying it's not a somewhat reasonable price, I'm saying I have other things I can drop $230 on. I was thinking more along the lines of $100, MAYBE $150.

And at GLD, the slower your car is, the more racing action you get :goof

WhatsADSM
07-27-2009, 04:45 PM
The price is fine. That is totally normal for road racing track time especially at such a nice track. This is not drag racing, so it's and apples-to-oranges comparison.

And just as Flick pointed out, realize how much time you actually spend racing your car! I just went to a 2 day event where I ran in 8 sessions at 15 minutes a piece! So I was out on the track for 2 hours! In fact, I burned through about 20 gallons of fuel IIRC! There was so much track time I actually just skipped 3 sessions because I didn't even need all that time.

You RX7 guys have cars that actually turn and should definately make it to a road racing event sometime if you haven't ever done it. Make sure you have a new set of brakes and good brake fluid, register as a beginner and try to get an instructor... It will be worth every penny.

michelle
07-27-2009, 04:56 PM
This would make a nice wedding present Mike. *wink* *wink*

Silver86
07-27-2009, 06:27 PM
You RX7 guys have cars that actually turn and should definately make it to a road racing event sometime if you haven't ever done it. Make sure you have a new set of brakes and good brake fluid, register as a beginner and try to get an instructor... It will be worth every penny.

oh trust me... someday i will get there... i just dont have the time or money to spend at the moment...

eltness350
07-27-2009, 06:59 PM
+1 would be a fun time and def worth the cash

Smokey1226
07-27-2009, 07:20 PM
i need to stay away from events like these, otherwise i know i will get hooked and end up wanting to build a road race car :(

LIZMO
07-27-2009, 08:09 PM
as nick said well be there. ill be on the track if i have some left over money once the coupe is finally done.

and one question for anyone who might know the answer... what catagory would i be in? since in not very experienced but my car is very well done lol. i would hope id be in the D class since i've never driven on the track before besides in forza haha.

1 more question... whats the difference between the $255 price and the $445? they say the same thing..

Bobby "Big Daddy" Flay
07-27-2009, 08:18 PM
as nick said well be there. ill be on the track if i have some left over money once the coupe is finally done.

and one question for anyone who might know the answer... what catagory would i be in? since in not very experienced but my car is very well done lol. i would hope id be in the D class since i've never driven on the track before besides in forza haha.

1 more question... whats the difference between the $255 price and the $445? they say the same thing..

Liz, you would be in "D" class. "D" class is for people that are new to the track, and not so experienced drivers.

SSmike1
07-27-2009, 09:16 PM
the difference is 1 day, or 2 days.

Reverend Cooper
07-27-2009, 09:32 PM
ben maybe i can help with this too

LIZMO
07-27-2009, 09:44 PM
the difference is 1 day, or 2 days.

but they both say they are for saturday AND sunday..?

Bobby "Big Daddy" Flay
07-27-2009, 10:00 PM
ben maybe i can help with this too

Why not. Contact ssmike or turtle

Yooformula
07-28-2009, 12:14 AM
i need to stay away from events like these, otherwise i know i will get hooked and end up wanting to build a road race car :(

this quote is soooo true! after just 1 day at RA on the track, it ruined my desire for drag racing. nothing like winding your car out around turns for several minutes!

-stew-
07-28-2009, 12:31 AM
Unfortunately money won't be there for this event, but hopefully I can make it up there next year. I've never been road racing, but I can't wait to do it. I'm hoping to make it to the September Solo event at Miller Park.

TURTLE
07-28-2009, 07:36 AM
i can't wait for october... this is gonna be a blast!

keep in mind people, if you don't have a car ready to take it on track, you can always come up, spectate, bring a helmet, and get rides... i know i'll be taking passengers when i go out on track, and i'd gather ssmike will as well as todd and a few others...

liz, i'd definitely put you in the D group, not because of the car, but because of the experience... you have the desire to be a great driver, but the seat time is lacking at this point... ;)

WhatsADSM
07-28-2009, 09:40 AM
i can't wait for october... this is gonna be a blast!

keep in mind people, if you don't have a car ready to take it on track, you can always come up, spectate, bring a helmet, and get rides... i know i'll be taking passengers when i go out on track, and i'd gather ssmike will as well as todd and a few others...

liz, i'd definitely put you in the D group, not because of the car, but because of the experience... you have the desire to be a great driver, but the seat time is lacking at this point... ;)

They still allow passing in D correct? If so that is what I would register for, never been on RA before but I REAALLLLY want to go. I am going to try to make this happen yet this year!

GTSLOW
07-28-2009, 09:52 AM
And I thought it was expensive when I did this event in 2005 for $300. :wooo

I'll definately be volunteering for this. :D

07ROUSHSTG3
07-28-2009, 10:20 AM
i would love to go to this, but i would need new tires and brakes, and that does not fit into the budget this year. for anyone who goes, keep an eye out for a fat guy wearing a helmet with his thumb in the air. would love to take a ride.

Bobby "Big Daddy" Flay
07-28-2009, 01:02 PM
They still allow passing in D correct? If so that is what I would register for, never been on RA before but I REAALLLLY want to go. I am going to try to make this happen yet this year!

Passing is allowed in all classes. There are sections of the course that do not allow passing, especially corners.

team beater
07-29-2009, 01:08 PM
pretty sure deucewi and i will be attending.

turbogarrett
07-29-2009, 04:48 PM
My heap is finally back on the road, have some things to do before it's track ready-mainly install the accusump.
Got a wedding saturday, planning on running sunday and taking a day off to sleep on monday:D

And to those who are suprised about the price, it is right in line with the other clubs and this is at one of the premier tracks in the world!

SSmike1
08-08-2009, 09:51 AM
Great quote here!!!!!!

and to those who are suprised about the price, it is right in line with the other clubs and this is at one of the premier tracks in the world!

WhatsADSM
08-08-2009, 12:24 PM
Damn I got the final nail in the coffin. I was gearing up to get everything done on the car by this event then my wife reminded me that it was the weekend my cousin is getting married.

So I guess that makes it official that I am out for this one. GL to everyone that goes..

SSmike1
08-10-2009, 04:12 PM
me Mike?
r u getting married?
ADAM, he is a VERY Lucky man!!!!!!!
:D there are not many women out there that are as AWESOME as you are Michelle.

must have something to do with that Great name too!
Michael
Michelle

This would make a nice wedding present Mike. *wink* *wink*

michelle
08-11-2009, 01:02 PM
me Mike?
r u getting married?
ADAM, he is a VERY Lucky man!!!!!!!
:D there are not many women out there that are as AWESOME as you are Michelle.

must have something to do with that Great name too!
Michael
Michelle

Yep, we're making it official on September 19th! Adam's going to run with the Shelby Club at Blackhawk on October 2nd. We'll have to stop up at RA though. (:

ND4SPD
08-13-2009, 05:56 PM
Damn this is so tempting... but which car to take... the V or the Supra. The Supra's not really set up for road racing so it'd probably be a drift fest with the new turbo. The V would be fun though too. Decisions decisions.

LIZMO
08-20-2009, 07:59 PM
bring the poopra :thumbsup
ill be there in my coupe! probably on saturday only...

TURTLE
08-21-2009, 07:16 AM
and if anyone's on the fence about coming up, hop on over to the dark side!

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/57Z6TD2ca70&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/57Z6TD2ca70&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

SSmike1
08-21-2009, 12:12 PM
AWESOME VIDEO! thanks Josh.

Slow Joe
08-21-2009, 02:14 PM
this quote is soooo true! after just 1 day at RA on the track, it ruined my desire for drag racing. nothing like winding your car out around turns for several minutes!

I agree Yoo! I went there for the Ford One Lap last year... It was a BLAST!!! Got two laps, had John (meatseeker) in the car with me...

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/kuM3_5Rc_3Q&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/kuM3_5Rc_3Q&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

I think I might have to do this next year though... Turtle, we have a long winter ahead of us getting this other beast setup... :rolf

TURTLE
08-22-2009, 06:37 AM
I think I might have to do this next year though... Turtle, we have a long winter ahead of us getting this other beast setup... :rolf

joe, i don't think you fully understand what you're getting yourself into by allowing me to touch the suspension on your car:devil:devil:devil:devil

Slow Joe
08-23-2009, 09:27 PM
joe, i don't think you fully understand what you're getting yourself into by allowing me to touch the suspension on your car:devil:devil:devil:devil

:rolf Well after we work the issues out, I probably won't have a whole lot of ching to spend on it... But we'll see what's left in the budget... :rolf

SSmike1
09-12-2009, 09:47 PM
it is time to Get the Car ready, sign up, and pay! Beautiful weather planned for that date!!!!!!!

deuceWI
09-14-2009, 10:27 AM
I'm signed up to bring my Mazdaspeed3 up there, and I think team beater still wants to go with his Vette.

Being my first time, and I don't have any numbers for my car, will a number be assigned and stickers/magnets provided when I get there? Or do I need to find some stickers to bring along?

team beater
09-15-2009, 11:49 AM
So.....after reviewing the finances after a few unexpected situations(F..KING TICKETS) came up I am not able to run the Vette. I will be in attendance along with DeuceWI who will be running his speed3 though.

Anyone interested in letting me sit passenger for lap or two?

michelle
09-15-2009, 02:31 PM
I'm signed up to bring my Mazdaspeed3 up there, and I think team beater still wants to go with his Vette.

Being my first time, and I don't have any numbers for my car, will a number be assigned and stickers/magnets provided when I get there? Or do I need to find some stickers to bring along?

If they don't have stickers for you, bring a roll of painter's tape that you can stick on the side of your car or window as a back-up. Typically you can "request" certain numbers, but otherwise you will get one when you sign-in the morning of the track day.

You'll enjoy your first time! Just take the first session as a learning experience and don't beat yourself up or your car. By the last session you will be hooked. (:

WhatsADSM
09-15-2009, 02:40 PM

You'll enjoy your first time! Just take the first session as a learning experience and don't beat yourself up or your car. By the last session you will be hooked. (:

Listen to her... she speaks the truth!

To all going have fun and take vids, I'm jealous I can't make it out. :mad:

LIZMO
09-15-2009, 06:08 PM
i hope i can still make it.. well i can go but i mean will my car be ready? it should be... just gotta fix the power steering line so it doesnt leak...

team beater
09-15-2009, 08:29 PM
i hope i can still make it.. well i can go but i mean will my car be ready? it should be... just gotta fix the power steering line so it doesnt leak...

im looking forward to seeing it if it makes it

deuceWI
09-15-2009, 08:57 PM
I can hardly wait until October 3rd :)

I've got a set of Hawk HP+ pads on order to swap on before I go, but my car will be stock otherwise. It should be tons of fun, and I look forward to having an instructor ride along to give me some pointers on how to get around quickly.

Looking forward to meeting a bunch of BCM members in person too!

WhatsADSM
09-15-2009, 10:50 PM
I can hardly wait until October 3rd :)

I've got a set of Hawk HP+ pads on order to swap on before I go, but my car will be stock otherwise. It should be tons of fun, and I look forward to having an instructor ride along to give me some pointers on how to get around quickly.

Looking forward to meeting a bunch of BCM members in person too!

You may want to flush your brake fluid to a good high temp fluid if you get a chance.

SSmike1
09-16-2009, 09:24 PM
YES, Hawk HP+ pads, and FRESH brake fluid in front, is a must.

:)

TURTLE
09-17-2009, 07:31 AM
anyone looking for a good passenger experience should look for one of the instructors when they go out in their own cars on sunday mostly, or todd z in his vette(#777), or me in my neon when i get the chance to go out(black 2 door 1gn neon)

and yes, good brake fluid is a must! i'll be changing out my fluid the week before as well...

deuceWI
09-17-2009, 09:50 AM
Got it.

When the pads go on, the fluid is getting flushed too.

SSmike1
09-17-2009, 08:30 PM
that makes sense?
doesn't it?

LOL :rolf

Got it.

When the pads go on, the fluid is getting flushed too.

team beater
09-18-2009, 09:30 AM
J
anyone looking for a good passenger experience should look for one of the instructors when they go out in their own cars on sunday mostly, or todd z in his vette(#777), or me in my neon when i get the chance to go out(black 2 door 1gn neon)

and yes, good brake fluid is a must! i'll be changing out my fluid the week before as well...

ill be on the look out for both of you then..
...can't wait

TURTLE
09-20-2009, 08:28 AM
this is gonna be so fun... trying out my big brake setup, version 2.0... lol

SSmike1
09-24-2009, 09:22 PM
Next weekend!!!!!!

GTSLOW
09-24-2009, 11:17 PM
Mike please ask them if I can volunteer. I can't get onto the site for some reason. :(

I'm going to order HP Plus's this week.

LIZMO
09-24-2009, 11:43 PM
turtle.. can i ride in ur car for a lap?
(i wont be able to run my car... :( but i still wanna go for a lap and see what its likeee since all ive done is on forza lol)

xwing
09-25-2009, 05:59 PM
I'll be there with the silver GTR again...still on the winter tires, gotta try to wear them down enough to justify getting some Blizzaks for THIS winter!
Here's a lap I I did in this spring's event again, it's fun to watch :)
http://videos.streetfire.net/video/Nissan-GTR-Road-America_647904.htm

GTSLOW
09-25-2009, 07:39 PM
^ Sweet video man!

TURTLE
09-27-2009, 08:20 AM
anyone is welcome to ride in my car... just ask that nobody craps themselves or throws up... lol... although i don't know how good these new brakes are gonna be, so it'll be a learning curve for me as well... :devil:devil:devil:banana:banana:alcoholic:banana: :banana1:

team beater
09-28-2009, 09:26 PM
Is anyone planning on meeting up and driving up as a group on sat?

GTSLOW
09-28-2009, 11:08 PM
w00t thats again mike!!

BTW you can leave with us, we're going up from south milwaukee eeeaaarly sat morning.

Josepy
09-29-2009, 08:03 AM
If the weather is not shit on Saturday I'm coming up to watch.

SSmike1
09-29-2009, 01:13 PM
It will be Sunny and 70 degrees on Saturday and Sunday!

Josepy
09-29-2009, 01:28 PM

Yeah in Tennessee

deuceWI
09-29-2009, 03:57 PM

It's not even worth looking at the weather. The forecast changes everytime I check it. Weathermen in WI generally have no clue what the weather might be like. Often times they can't tell what it's like right now.

I'll go by whatever it looks like when I wake up Saturday morning. Might be a bit cool, I'll bring a sweatshirt.

Oh, and I got my confirmation email this morning! I'm car #83 :D

Couple quick questions too:
- How complex is the Tech inspection? I'm used to GLD where they don't really do anything for normal street cars. Anything extra I should be prepared for?
- And what gate do we enter / where do we meet up?

turbogarrett
09-29-2009, 04:16 PM
They usually just check to make sure everything is secure and brakes look up to the task. If you have the battery mounted in the back expect them to check that the positive terminal is covered.

Setting up my accusump tonight, if the weather is decent I'm going to try and make it sunday. Hope to see you guys up there.

SSmike1
09-29-2009, 08:29 PM
One good thing about the Cooler weather,
MAN DOES IT MAKE HP.

the engines like it when its cool outside!

my car will top out at 140MPH, going into T1, T5, and T12.
===============================================
and its a bone stock 2000 camaro,
ask TOM LS1.

He did the Computer Changes to my car
to lower the Fan=on Temperatures.

SSmike1
09-29-2009, 08:38 PM
depends which guy you get for tech,
but, we just check for the Obvious,...
No Oil or coolant Leaks, good tires, NO CENTER WHEEL CAPS, Battery must be secure, tape on Positive,
Brake Lights must work, Helmet checked, seat belts, No Cracks in windshield,
etc...
Enter at Registration, Gate 6.

http://roadamerica.fbody.us/techinfo.html

http://roadamerica.fbody.us/faq.html

http://www.roadamerica.com/userfiles/file/09%20Spectator%20Map.pdf

Couple quick questions too:
- How complex is the Tech inspection? I'm used to GLD where they don't really do anything for normal street cars. Anything extra I should be prepared for?
- And what gate do we enter / where do we meet up?

GTSLOW
09-29-2009, 08:38 PM
If anyone would like to caravan up with us on sat morning post up.

SSmike1
09-29-2009, 08:42 PM
we need to leave at 5:00am.
who do you think is guna come at that time with us?????

Nan is Goofy! :goof

If anyone would like to caravan up with us on sat morning post up.

GTSLOW
09-29-2009, 09:56 PM
I thought we were leaving at 9. :wooo

LIZMO
09-29-2009, 10:00 PM
omg 5 am. lol im just going to watch so theres no way im getting up that early... see you guys there.

TURTLE
09-30-2009, 11:43 PM
i'll be heading up friday to help with setup and such...

new brakes are almost done on the car... just have to bleed them, oil change, and top off the fluids, and it's game on for this weekend....

now how deep do i dare brake? :devil

Heat Seeker WS6
10-01-2009, 01:39 AM
Friday setup till end of Sunday good to go

Todd.... you, Greg & etc register yet?

michelle
10-01-2009, 06:16 AM
Woah, he's alive. :stare

STANMAN
10-01-2009, 09:14 AM
woah, he's alive. :stare

x2

Flicktitty
10-01-2009, 09:23 AM
x2

x3

GTSLOW
10-01-2009, 11:15 AM

:rolf

He doesn't like anyone here anymore :goof

Todd Z
10-01-2009, 12:46 PM
All the guys from St. Louis are registered. I am not and probably will only run on Sunday. Greg is out, No motor in the car right now. Shooting for a low 2:25 on sunday.

team beater
10-01-2009, 06:30 PM
x3
x4

Heat Seeker WS6
10-01-2009, 09:45 PM
Very much alive and looking forward to some 'big braking' this weekend also

http://brewcitymuscle.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=6567&d=1254451171

SSmike1
10-01-2009, 09:48 PM
who?
where does he disapear to?
How?
why?

Johnny Lighting, here one minute, gone the next! :rolf

SSmike1
10-01-2009, 09:50 PM
WOW, nice looking Brake Rotors.

what Pads are in there?

Very much alive and looking forward to some 'big braking' this weekend also

]

Heat Seeker WS6
10-01-2009, 11:13 PM
Hawk HP Plus pads on Z06 setup & braided lines.

SSmike1
10-02-2009, 10:15 PM
Great choice on the pad.

Good enough for Lapping event at RA,
and they work great on the street!!!!!!!!

the only thing, they dust a little more than a street pad.

Hawk HP Plus pads on Z06 setup & braided lines.

Z28Envy
10-03-2009, 02:31 AM
Can anyone tell me how much it is to come out take some pics and spectate?

Z28Envy
10-03-2009, 05:36 AM
Nevermind I found it......Looks like $5. Probably should come check it out it;s only a 3 min drive after all. :)

SSmike1
10-03-2009, 08:23 PM
YES, $5 to spectate.

HERE are the details, for Sunday, 10-4-09,...

$20 for an Instructor Ride.

$60 for the Lunch Hour Track Touring session, ALL CARS WELCOME.

$80 for a 20 Minute session, on the track, as fast or slow as you want.

$255 for the whole day, four to five 20 minute sessions, staring at 8:00am

GTSLOW
10-03-2009, 09:18 PM
I'll take anyone out in the GTO who shows up. Or you can choose to ride in an assortment of 500RWHP + full out Race C5/C6's!!