07-26-2009, 08:20 PM
I took this pic on way home tonight.

http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g250/nismodave57/wreck.jpg

0TransAm0
07-26-2009, 08:23 PM
OUCH! thats got to suck. talk about a double wammy

Karps TA
07-26-2009, 08:24 PM
Gawl Dammit Jethro, I thought you said you put the General in park? Now I spilt my dip cup all over my fancy cutoff jeans.

scaleracer
07-26-2009, 08:27 PM
Must've been coming home from Mopar/Amc day at GLD today..

STANMAN
07-26-2009, 08:50 PM
Poor Duster!!!!

88Nightmare
07-26-2009, 08:55 PM
You're doing it wrong.

Reverend Cooper
07-26-2009, 09:08 PM
you gotta strap it down

Goat Roper
07-26-2009, 09:34 PM
I must have just missed that coming home

Russ Jerome
07-26-2009, 09:43 PM
I saw it from southbound 45 a little later as they winched it up on a flatbed.
Looked pretty odd and I did notice shoe polish on the windsheild.

Cutlass Queen
07-26-2009, 09:43 PM
I see no ratchet tie downs to hold the car onto the trailer :wow

2000navyz
07-26-2009, 09:53 PM
i wonder if that mistake also came w/ a breathalizer test, and possibly a dui

BadAzzGTA89
07-26-2009, 10:43 PM
I bet he felt what your mirror said:rolf

TheRX7Project
07-27-2009, 07:50 AM
I had a story similar to that. Actually it's more my dad's story but whatever.

We were trailering the Super Bee home from GLD (this is when I was like 10). All the sudden we heard this loud BANG and the trailer shook real bad. Here, the chain holding the Bee down broke (how the fuck?), and the car rolled backwards off the trailer... it was only being held on by the passenger side ladder bar mount, which happened to catch the edge of the trailer as the rear wheels rolled off.

So we got pulled over (real quick) and were trying like mad to get the car back on the trailer on the side of the freeway. We couldn't get the ramps in place because the tires were in the way. Finally, after pretty much giving up hope, my dad jumped in the car and fired it up, hoping the tires would catch on the edge of the trailer and he'd be able to drive up.

He tried it a few times and got close, so he gave it to her good and she jumped right over the leading edge of the trailer and landed the K-Member (and the oil pan) on the bar for the hitch. Front wheels were now off the leading edge of the trailer. We chained it down with a comealong and whatever chain we had, and drove home on the access road.

Feature Pony
07-27-2009, 08:55 AM
Dam that sucks, I was going to head down there yesterday but other things came up.

Feature Pony
07-27-2009, 08:56 AM
I had a story similar to that. Actually it's more my dad's story but whatever.

We were trailering the Super Bee home from GLD (this is when I was like 10). All the sudden we heard this loud BANG and the trailer shook real bad. Here, the chain holding the Bee down broke (how the fuck?), and the car rolled backwards off the trailer... it was only being held on by the passenger side ladder bar mount, which happened to catch the edge of the trailer as the rear wheels rolled off.

So we got pulled over (real quick) and were trying like mad to get the car back on the trailer on the side of the freeway. We couldn't get the ramps in place because the tires were in the way. Finally, after pretty much giving up hope, my dad jumped in the car and fired it up, hoping the tires would catch on the edge of the trailer and he'd be able to drive up.

He tried it a few times and got close, so he gave it to her good and she jumped right over the leading edge of the trailer and landed the K-Member (and the oil pan) on the bar for the hitch. Front wheels were now off the leading edge of the trailer. We chained it down with a comealong and whatever chain we had, and drove home on the access road.

PICS OF THE SUPERBEE OR BAN!!!!!:thumbsup

pOrk
07-27-2009, 10:24 AM
lol

No straps = no sympathy

Moparjim
07-27-2009, 01:25 PM
Too bad. I agree though, no straps = not much sympathy lol. I do have sympathy for that poor tow vehicle though, what is that an Explorer or something lol. That thing looks to be straining and sagging from the weight.

michelle
07-27-2009, 01:32 PM
It looks like a Suburban.

88Nightmare
07-27-2009, 01:56 PM
It looks like a Suburban.

too short to be a suburban. I'd guess Tahoe.

This is just a perfect example of why you should drive your car to the track :thumbsup

portponies
07-27-2009, 02:07 PM
This is just a perfect example of why you should drive your car to the track :thumbsup

So when something fails, you can support AAA for a ride home?

No thanks.

If you own a trailer, have a truck to pull it with, and are not smart enough to tie the car down, then you need to sell all of them and take up macaroni art!

TheRX7Project
07-27-2009, 04:02 PM
PICS OF THE SUPERBEE OR BAN!!!!!:thumbsup

Don't have any digital pics or a scanner... and right now the Bee is down with a blowed motor, until the '66 Coronet is finished (probably this winter we'll get started on dropping another motor in).

pOrk
07-27-2009, 04:20 PM
So when something fails, you can support AAA for a ride home?

No thanks.

If you own a trailer, have a truck to pull it with, and are not smart enough to tie the car down, then you need to sell all of them and take up macaroni art!

AAA is cheap, 85 bucks a year and 4 tows up to 100 miles is more then a great deal. I just saved 40 bucks a night on a room in ohio too, so it is worth its weight in gold and then some.