PDA

View Full Version : Family reunion

lordairgtar
07-26-2009, 06:33 PM
I dread this somewhat annual event, but this time the major trouble makers are either deceased or too poor or butthurt to go the miles to get where the reunion is. (thank God). Spent a great day in Dexterville on the Yellow River (Lake Dexter). Food was very good and I hauled up the DJ equipment to have some tunes playing. Good to see some of the nephews and nieces who I haven't seen in awhile. There seemed to be lots of new babies in the family. Lots of new cars and trucks as well, so we must be doing good. Reunions can be such a pain but everyone had a good time. Even the after party at the camp grounds was kind of cool. Big campfire, Brandy Old Fashions (Cousin Jan makes killer drinks)and beer flowing freely and singing around the fire and telling funny as fawk jokes and embarrassing stories. Those that left early missed out on a nice night. I was pretty tired and slightly inebriated when I left. After driving through Necedah (Strange cult town) I pulled over and slept. Didn't get home till about 9:30 this morning and forgot about a car show I was supposed to be at to do auto art. Oooops!

Firefighter Z
07-26-2009, 10:30 PM
Wow at least you have em, unlike me... My family is dropping like flies,

-stew-
07-27-2009, 10:53 AM
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/3huC-42N1Gs&hl=en&fs=1&rel=0"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/3huC-42N1Gs&hl=en&fs=1&rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

lordairgtar
07-27-2009, 04:36 PM
I don't get it, Stew.

07ROUSHSTG3
07-27-2009, 04:41 PM
yeah. my mother in law started a family reunion last year. i guess it is going to be an annual thing. i had a horrible time.

lordairgtar
07-27-2009, 04:47 PM
This side of my family are a bit more fun loving, 07ROUSHTG3. What kind of stuff does your MIL plan for the reunion? It's all about keeping things light and fun.....and not inviting the trouble makers.:rolf:rolf:rolf:rolf:rolf