PDA

View Full Version : Clocks-Off-Racing...Land of the Winners!

DR.FORD
07-26-2009, 10:15 AM
Ron, You did it again!
Winning is impossible without having the best on your side.
When basically NO ONE in our class could get down the track yesterday, Ron read the track, set the ramps and got the "Bird in the winners circle!
I could not be successful without Ron, Cory Peters (Who does all the hard work!), Chip from Nitrous Pig Racing, Shane Windsor, My Son Jimmy, and My supportive wife.
Also special thanks to Metz Performance-
EVERY car that won yesterday was a product of his shop!
Bryan, Mikey and the boys-YOU ARE THE BEST!!!!

SMOKDU
07-26-2009, 11:18 AM
congrats on your first win and having the hot ticket...

juicedimpss
07-26-2009, 05:26 PM
It was and always is a pleasure working with the guys to get your car down the track Jim. Im looking forward to the next outing for a little more tuning to get after it a little more aggressively.
Great job on driving out the side window for a few of those passes. :D

FourEyedFord
07-26-2009, 06:47 PM
Were there more clocks off cars in the winner's circle?

DR.FORD
07-26-2009, 09:46 PM
Were there more clocks off cars in the winner's circle?

Ron tuned on Jim Schmittingers car and was doing well and going faster (than the cap) until a trans cooler broke. We also were helping with Mr. Callies bad-ass Mustang. Unfortunately he got into the marbles and had to lift, I think it was in the semi's, but he went a 9.202!! Mark was going rounds in his rag also. Anyone that works hard, tries there best and lays it on the line for all to see by showing up and racing is a winner in my book!

DoubleAron
07-26-2009, 10:01 PM
So what is the deal with the track? Still to green from the new surface or just the normal late night condensation? Did I also read or hear somewhere that the dip is still there even with the new surface?

DR.FORD
07-26-2009, 10:22 PM
So what is the deal with the track? Still to green from the new surface or just the normal late night condensation? Did I also read or hear somewhere that the dip is still there even with the new surface?

Needs MUCH more slick type car passes on it-EVERYONE in our class at least was struggling to get down it. Wardlow just went 7.75, 7.80, 7.80 last weekend at Joliet, and yesterday could NOT take any more timing out to get it to leave, or the Nova wouldn't even stay running! His best I think was an 8.80 peddling the car half track. Mike said he did alright, but I'm sure the car has more in it-not the kind of guy to show his cards. I can tell you this-If I posted what we had out of ours some may think we were BSing! I just can't wait to run it on a good track. I'm sure it will hit my mph goal.
The Racepack and the 7531 tells me the bump is still alive and kickin' tires about the 1000ft mark, spikes on both graphs and making the car loose don't lie. When it does that and we had boatloads out all the way down the track, it makes me concerned to take it off of ***** mode quite yet. Time will tell.

FourEyedFord
07-26-2009, 11:57 PM
Ron tuned on Jim Schmittingers car and was doing well and going faster (than the cap) until a trans cooler broke. We also were helping with Mr. Callies bad-ass Mustang. Unfortunately he got into the marbles and had to lift, I think it was in the semi's, but he went a 9.202!! Mark was going rounds in his rag also. Anyone that works hard, tries there best and lays it on the line for all to see by showing up and racing is a winner in my book!

Cool! Greg's car is rockin' for sure!

That sucks about Jim's car, but its cool he is getting it figured out. Was it a lost belt that hurt the tranny cooler? Those damn belts are like a swinging mace when they let go!

FourEyedFord
07-27-2009, 12:05 AM
Needs MUCH more slick type car passes on it-EVERYONE in our class at least was struggling to get down it. Wardlow just went 7.75, 7.80, 7.80 last weekend at Joliet, and yesterday could NOT take any more timing out to get it to leave, or the Nova wouldn't even stay running! His best I think was an 8.80 peddling the car half track. Mike said he did alright, but I'm sure the car has more in it-not the kind of guy to show his cards. I can tell you this-If I posted what we had out of ours some may think we were BSing! I just can't wait to run it on a good track. I'm sure it will hit my mph goal.
The Racepack and the 7531 tells me the bump is still alive and kickin' tires about the 1000ft mark, spikes on both graphs and making the car loose don't lie. When it does that and we had boatloads out all the way down the track, it makes me concerned to take it off of ***** mode quite yet. Time will tell.

That sucks about the dip.
What lane is the dip in by the way? I have never really experienced it, but then again maybe my junk isn't fast enough. I have heard many people talk about it, so I know its an issue.

juicedimpss
07-27-2009, 08:22 AM
Cool! Greg's car is rockin' for sure!

That sucks about Jim's car, but its cool he is getting it figured out. Was it a lost belt that hurt the tranny cooler? Those damn belts are like a swinging mace when they let go!

the belt didnt come off till after the trans cooler split,the belt slid off intact.

the dip is most prevalent in the right lane,and shows as a few hundred rpm spike in rpm on the racepak. im sure your car is fast enough to see it,just tough to tell what it is on the 7531 log,racepak has better resolution/sampling rate i think.

DR.FORD
07-27-2009, 08:46 AM
That sucks about the dip.
What lane is the dip in by the way? I have never really experienced it, but then again maybe my junk isn't fast enough. I have heard many people talk about it, so I know its an issue.

Funny thing is this is the first time I felt it, thats why we looked at the graphs close. It caused the car to make a funny move so I lifted. Oh believe me, your car is MORE than fast enough, but for some reason I never felt it until this last time out?! BTW it was the right lane.

SMOKDU
07-27-2009, 11:49 AM
Anyone that works hard, tries there best and lays it on the line for all to see by showing up and racing is a winner in my book!

im having problems for sure and i think i have it narrowed down. i know at this point im not going to win the 8,20 class and it is sometimes very frustrating going to the track and looking so bad at times. i will figure this out for sure sooner or later and all i can do at this point is keep testing to get the Data i need. my car ran the best it ever has and i did not get a time slip. but my data logger showed 8.30's than the next pass my problem that i think i have found out showed up again in the top on first and i lost at least 2 tenths and ran 8.7. i can see how many give up on this sport. congrats again jim. save a lane for me this year some time. i have less power on my side..:banana

BOSS LX
07-27-2009, 12:01 PM
im having problems for sure and i think i have it narrowed down. i know at this point im not going to win the 8,20 class and it is sometimes very frustrating going to the track and looking so bad at times. i will figure this out for sure sooner or later and all i can do at this point is keep testing to get the Data i need. my car ran the best it ever has and i did not get a time slip. but my data logger showed 8.30's than the next pass my problem that i think i have found out showed up again in the top on first and i lost at least 2 tenths and ran 8.7. i can see how many give up on this sport. congrats again jim. save a lane for me this year some time. i have less power on my side..:banana

Did your log show a bunch more rpm on that pass then your 8.80 passes?

FourEyedFord
07-27-2009, 03:00 PM
Funny thing is this is the first time I felt it, thats why we looked at the graphs close. It caused the car to make a funny move so I lifted. Oh believe me, your car is MORE than fast enough, but for some reason I never felt it until this last time out?! BTW it was the right lane.

Interesting! I will watch out for it when I get back to the track.

SMOKDU
07-27-2009, 03:49 PM
Did your log show a bunch more rpm on that pass then your 8.80 passes?

no the log times the run so as soon as i let off the trans button it starts and goes until i let off the gas. most the time it is close to what i run.

DoubleAron
07-28-2009, 09:32 AM

From what I hear dips like that are alot worse for radial tired cars due to the soft sidewall of a slick absorbing some of the dip. I ever do make it to the track it should be fun with these little training wheels.

So does anyone know why they couldn't have fixed the dip when they redid the surface?

Holeshot
07-28-2009, 11:28 AM
Great Job Guys !!!!