PDA

View Full Version : Firefighters on BCM?

OxmanWI
07-23-2009, 10:25 PM
I was wondering if we have any firefighters on BCM. What city or town do you represent?

xxtremeteam
07-23-2009, 10:26 PM
I was a firefighter/scuba diver/EMT for port washington fire dept now I just do EMT work there and at st lukes on 27th st

Silver86
07-23-2009, 11:20 PM
I was a firefighter/scuba diver/EMT for port washington fire dept now I just do EMT work there and at st lukes on 27th st

then you know my father-in-law...

70 cutlass 442
07-23-2009, 11:44 PM
Im not on a department yet, but i am going into my thrid semeaster for fire fighting and actually start EMT Basic in two weeks!!!! I was actually wondering the same thing a while back but never thought to ak......

OxmanWI
07-24-2009, 08:05 AM
Where you going to take your EMT?

subliminal1284
07-24-2009, 08:20 AM
I start EMT basic on August 18th, Then starting Paramedic a couple months later. Currently volunteering with a Rescue Squad. Was thinking about going to fire also but I think I like EMS more.

flyin_blue_egg
07-24-2009, 08:22 AM

do you work at st. lukes south shore? If so you may work with my wife, she's a CNA/nurse exturn on the 3rd floor

xxtremeteam
07-24-2009, 08:26 AM
nope st lukes on 27th and oklahoma I also took all my classes at matc with the exception of my dive stuff that cant be done at matc

07ROUSHSTG3
07-24-2009, 08:33 AM
i am just a volunteer for our local department, st.cloud. which in essence is, put out a grass fire each spring and get drunk 2 mondays a month.

hats off to you full time guys!

xxtremeteam
07-24-2009, 08:36 AM
i am just a volunteer for our local department, st.cloud. which in essence is, put out a grass fire each spring and get drunk 2 mondays a month.

hats off to you full time guys!

Hats off to you as well lots of deptments are still volunteer they are just as cool and important the fire dosent know the differance:headbang

OxmanWI
07-24-2009, 11:26 AM
Almost done with my EMT-B class at MATC south, taking the NRT here in about a week or so. Study, study and STUDY!!!

Rocket Power
07-24-2009, 02:10 PM
Im not on a department yet, but i am going into my thrid semeaster for fire fighting and actually start EMT Basic in two weeks!!!! I was actually wondering the same thing a while back but never thought to ak......
Where do you go Jon?

70 cutlass 442
07-24-2009, 03:06 PM
Where you going to take your EMT?

Where do you go Jon?

I goto WCTC and was lucky enough to get in the EMT course for fall, they usually keep it reserved for department members but they had enough openings so i got in, the other nice part about being on a department is the state will pay for Basic along with FF1, but at this point i just want to get my certs done!

I start EMT basic on August 18th, Then starting Paramedic a couple months later. Currently volunteering with a Rescue Squad. Was thinking about going to fire also but I think I like EMS more.

where at, Gateway?

SilverBullitt
07-25-2009, 01:28 PM
Im not on a department either. but im starting EMT basic in 2 weeks too at WCTC.

Rocket Power
07-25-2009, 02:35 PM
I goto WCTC and was lucky enough to get in the EMT course for fall, they usually keep it reserved for department members but they had enough openings so i got in, the other nice part about being on a department is the state will pay for Basic along with FF1, but at this point i just want to get my certs done!

Do they have a Burnhouse there?
I used to see them at the one @ MATC Oak Creek, since it was right next to our EVOC course.

70 cutlass 442
07-25-2009, 03:22 PM
Do they have a Burnhouse there?
I used to see them at the one @ MATC Oak Creek, since it was right next to our EVOC course.

they actually have two. the tower is 3 or 4 stories and the smaller one is maybe a 15' tall that ive seen mainly roof venting operations. Then there are two seperate wood towers (about 25' tall) used just for latters. I dont like heights at all, so im not looking foward to that part of FF1

Silver03SRT
07-26-2009, 03:49 PM
Im on the list for milwaukee so hopefully i will get a job next year. Im going to take my emt classes starting in august.