PDA

View Full Version : Cobalt People

OxmanWI
07-23-2009, 09:24 PM
Or team rage or rev, what ever you like to call your group.

What does the Sport 2-door coupe have extra over the LT and LS 2-door coupes? I know the body kit, fogs, and rims. But anything different about the engine and suspension? Does it have 4 wheel disk brakes? Sunroof? Let me know your info.

Thanks in advance,

Josh

That_Guy
07-23-2009, 11:52 PM
4 wheel disk brakes... 2.4l vvt "175hp i believe" some have sun roofs all have fogs its basically a n/a ss

stealthy1ss
07-24-2009, 03:19 PM
I believe it also has the FE5 suspension but I am not sure.

OxmanWI
07-24-2009, 08:52 PM
I know nothing about cobalts so what does that mean? Bigger sway bars? Stiffer springs?

stealthy1ss
07-25-2009, 03:07 PM
Yes. The FE5 suspension is what all the SS/SC cars have.

That_Guy
07-26-2009, 07:50 AM
the front sway bar is about as think as they come i believe there isnt an after market one out there that is better. the ss/na with a tune are pretty quick for sure and you still get great mileage

OxmanWI
08-11-2009, 04:54 PM
I have another question, will the newer style radio work in my 2006?

That_Guy
08-11-2009, 05:09 PM
if its unlocked i believe it does

PB86MCSS
08-11-2009, 06:22 PM
A woman I work with just got a 08' N/A SS "Sport", 4 door...she didn't even really know the model other than Cobalt, I was surprised when I saw it with the nice wheels, moonroof, looks like some factory option sub in the trunk(?) and SS badges. Sharp car.

OxmanWI
08-11-2009, 07:54 PM
Cool dude! But what does that have to do with my question?

haha jk ;)

stealthy1ss
08-11-2009, 08:30 PM
I have another question, will the newer style radio work in my 2006?

The newer radios are way better (07-09) because you can directly plug your I-pod into the radio and it doesn't lose quality.

PB86MCSS
08-11-2009, 08:50 PM
Absolutely nothing. I just wanted to share ;) .

GTSLOW
08-11-2009, 09:40 PM
What's a cobalt? Isn't that a color?

Holeshot
08-11-2009, 09:43 PM

No its a drill bit :rolf

CobaltSSTuner
08-11-2009, 09:58 PM

hey asshole! cobalt is a color lol :rolf

Cobalt is a...color...a car...an element (chemestry element table thingy)...

:thumbsup

lilws6
08-11-2009, 10:30 PM
periodic table?

OxmanWI
08-12-2009, 12:55 AM
I don't care what it is, I just want the newer radio! So do I have to go to the dealership to have them dial it in? Any info on that?

LIZMO
08-12-2009, 08:02 PM
hey asshole! cobalt is a color lol :rolf

Cobalt is a...color...a car...an element (chemestry element table thingy)...

:thumbsup

they are so cool they are multiple things lol

CobaltSSTuner
08-12-2009, 08:11 PM
periodic table?

go use ur smarts somewhere else. us cobalt people are in that table, we don't need to know what its called :)

I don't care what it is, I just want the newer radio! So do I have to go to the dealership to have them dial it in? Any info on that?

Try ebay. I'll check the forums for ya if your really that interested in finding one.

they are so cool they are multiple things lol

there is also a tool brand called kobalt...not that its spelled the same :(

LIZMO
08-12-2009, 08:18 PM
yea cuz they are cooler duhh haha jk

CobaltSSTuner
08-12-2009, 08:23 PM
ouch, i dont like u anymore. i'm telling flick.

LIZMO
08-12-2009, 08:37 PM
do it! lol. im only kidddddding.

CobaltSSTuner
08-12-2009, 08:39 PM
you better be...

lilws6
08-12-2009, 10:07 PM
i aint smart :goof

OxmanWI
08-12-2009, 11:24 PM
go use ur smarts somewhere else. us cobalt people are in that table, we don't need to know what its called :)

Try ebay. I'll check the forums for ya if your really that interested in finding one.

there is also a tool brand called kobalt...not that its spelled the same :(

Sure, thank you

CobaltSSTuner
08-20-2009, 06:55 PM
Sure, thank you

Here is a radio for you. Its a 2008, and its black. If you want a silver one, i'll keep looking.

http://www.cobaltss.net/forums/showthread.php?t=185316

The guy wants like 75 shipped, and i'm pretty sure its plug and play, and shouldn't need to be unlocked.

OxmanWI
01-05-2012, 12:40 PM
Cobalt people come back!

My 2006 Cobalt LS 2.2 has close to 90K on the clock. All stock except CAI. Daily Driver.

I've noticed a grind and clunking sound in my front suspension. I jacked the car up and took both the front wheels off to check the bushings and ball joints but to my surprise all of them are in great condition. I'm thinking the front shocks are going?

I'm thinking about upgrading the shocks and springs in the next couple month since they might have to be replaced for the next oil change. What do you recommend for the 2.2 LS? I wouldn't mind having a lower stiffer ride.

I also noticed that my exhaust is very rusted from the exhaust manifold to the muffler. What is a good set up on the cobalts 2.2? I'm guessing it's only going to be a matter of months before I hear a hole poke out.

Thanks guys!

Josh

That_Guy
01-05-2012, 05:17 PM
Control arm bushings they are trash on these cars. I have about 125k on my car and I'm about to do my second set. Or you need new hubs. I had to replace those a few weeks aback. The one side started to grind out of blue.

stealthy1ss
01-05-2012, 08:24 PM
Cobalt people come back!

My 2006 Cobalt LS 2.2 has close to 90K on the clock. All stock except CAI. Daily Driver.

I've noticed a grind and clunking sound in my front suspension. I jacked the car up and took both the front wheels off to check the bushings and ball joints but to my surprise all of them are in great condition. I'm thinking the front shocks are going?

I'm thinking about upgrading the shocks and springs in the next couple month since they might have to be replaced for the next oil change. What do you recommend for the 2.2 LS? I wouldn't mind having a lower stiffer ride.

I also noticed that my exhaust is very rusted from the exhaust manifold to the muffler. What is a good set up on the cobalts 2.2? I'm guessing it's only going to be a matter of months before I hear a hole poke out.

Thanks guys!

Josh

Grinding noise could be a wheel bearing. As far as clunking that could be the CAB's or shocks/struts. Do you notice any howling noises like loud tires when your driving? Are your shocks leaking? As far as a nice suspension setup for a reasonable price you are going to want to get the FE5 shocks and struts (SS/TC suspension) with Pedders springs or eibach sportlines. I track my SS/SC with the FE5/Pedders setup which seems to be the best option currently. If you want to spend some coin you could buy coilovers or use Koni shocks and struts with either Pedders or Eibach springs. I have a set of Eibach Sportlines that I could sell you for a decent price if your interested. Finally if you want to replace your whole exhaust system obviously go stainless but look at ZZP's website or GMPP exhaust. IMO the best sounding cat back is the GMPP sport or touring exhaust. Its stainless and 2.25".

OxmanWI
01-05-2012, 09:07 PM
I'll post on the cobalt WI thread, thanks guys

brotherbenn83
01-06-2012, 12:20 PM
Cobalt people come back!

Thanks guys!

Josh
Most common noises on a Cobalt are:
Control arm bushings
Front stabilizer links
Front struts
Steering shaft
Steering column

I have done tons of all of them, same shitty parts on an Ion, HHR etc.

OxmanWI
06-21-2012, 09:08 AM
Looking for a any color blue Cobalt or G5 hood, if you guys happen to know anyone.

Thanks,

Josh