PDA

View Full Version : Help Configuring a Nokia Phone???

PonyKiller87
07-21-2009, 04:17 PM
I have a Nokia 3500cb, I bought it about a year ago from ebay, put it on my plan as a second phone and it worked fine.

Now I decided to get rid of my old phone and use this one as my normal phone, so I wanted to get picture messaging and everything working on it.

I spent 1.5 hours at the AT&T store today while they went back and forth with tech support trying to make it work, finaly they tell me that I have to call Nokia tech support because AT&T doesn't have anything for this phone in thier database.

So I spent .5 hour on the phone with some guy in India for Nokia tech support. He says my phone is set up for a canadian network called Fido, He said that only the phone part was unlocked and not the data/messenger stuff, and that I need AT&T to send me a message with the config files for thier network.

So I called AT&T back, they sent me a text what has all the info in it but its not an auto config or anything like that. But the lady said she can't walk me through putting the settings in because she doesn't have anything telling here where stuff is for this phone.

So I go into it myself, I can find where the Fido thing is selected, but it doesn't give me the option too add AT&T or even to edit the Fido one to the AT&T settings.

Does anyone have any experience with this crap or think they could help me out? I'm getting ready to throw this POS at a wall right now. :flipoff2:

Myles
07-21-2009, 04:25 PM
What information was given to you? I imagine you have to get a unlock code from Fido in order to get it to work with any other network.

found this that may help. http://www.a1unlocking.co.uk/nokia-unlock-codes.html.

PonyKiller87
07-21-2009, 04:34 PM
I seen that too, I tried calling the place but I get no answer.

From what the guy at nokia told me, the phone is already unlocked, because I can put my AT&T sim card in and it works fine, but the internet / messenging part is a different lock.

AT&T gave me: homepage, access point, IP address. But I can't find where it will let me enter that in?

PonyKiller87
07-21-2009, 07:07 PM
Got it, finaly got ahold of someone at AT&T tech support that wasnt a lazy piece of shit and he spent and hour going through it until we got it to work.

Anakonda69
07-22-2009, 06:30 AM
holy lord you decided to go modern? lol

WickedSix
07-22-2009, 07:27 AM
he musta busted the antique rocker phone :rolf proly wants to start taking pictures of sarah :rolf

Anakonda69
07-22-2009, 09:59 AM
burn burn burn....lol

PonyKiller87
07-22-2009, 10:36 AM
I still have the other phone, keeping that one for plowing, but it forwards to my regular phone now so I only have to carry one.

Anakonda69
07-22-2009, 01:19 PM
since when does man whoring take the term "plowing" ? lol

murdoc158
07-22-2009, 06:08 PM
http://www.howardforums.com next time.