PDA

View Full Version : Motorcycle Theft ring busted

ThatWhiteCivic
07-21-2009, 04:55 AM
Just seen on Fox6 a motorcycle theft ring was busted. I already gave Waukesha police a call about my 06' blue and yellow Honda 1000RR that was stolen in January, that looks exactly like the one in the video.

http://www.fox6now.com/news/witi-090720-motorcycle-theft,0,7208981.story

loud91rs
07-21-2009, 05:35 AM
Lets hope you get your bike back!

0TransAm0
07-21-2009, 08:48 AM
damn dude.. hopefully that is your bike.. let us know an update when you find anything out..

Waver
07-21-2009, 08:59 AM
good luck man, I hope that is your bike

-stew-
07-21-2009, 09:24 AM
I thought about the OP when I saw this on the news. Glad to hear the caught some shitbags. I hope they catch the last guy, and I hope they get a Judge that has some nuts and they get thrown in the clink got a long time.

BoosTT
07-21-2009, 09:28 AM
Those motherfuckers can burn in shit. I'm sure they get 2 years jail time max though.

Good news for you though! The bike looks like it's in good shape!

Feature Pony
07-21-2009, 10:03 AM
It probably took Waukesha PD 2 years to figure out these guys are stealing bikes!! I hope these guys get the books thrown at them, but them again Waukseha PD there is a big bunch of tools working on that department and the Sgt in the video is one of the bigger tools working there!

SLOWC5
07-21-2009, 10:04 AM
I vote to cutting Thumbs off!

Car Guy
07-21-2009, 12:44 PM
Keep us updated Rob...!!! Would love to see you get it back......:headbang

subliminal1284
07-21-2009, 01:35 PM
Doesnt sound good, they swapped out the frames and mix and matched the parts from the stolen bikes so there really is no telling which one would or could be his.

Car Guy
07-21-2009, 02:01 PM
From the pictures posted in the original thread right after the bike was stolen that blue/yellow one sure looks promising, and not to mention it's one of two still not claimed yet.....

http://brewcitymuscle.com/forum/showthread.php?t=34732

03CVLX
07-21-2009, 03:30 PM
This was the first thing I thought of too when I saw the news story. I hope you get your bike back!!

MoCkiN U
07-21-2009, 03:52 PM
you have probably stared at the video for a long time already but thought something might help you trigger a memory of your bike if one mod stuck out to make it easily recognizable

**edit crap!! hope would come out bigger**

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v518/ShoUrGlow/bike-1.jpg

SmokinRAM114
07-21-2009, 04:00 PM
vin in video

http://i157.photobucket.com/albums/t54/mx_114/sdfsd-1.jpg

yours is different but MAYBE it is yours with a frame swap

scaleracer
07-21-2009, 04:04 PM
I saw this and wondered if it was yours also.. I wanted the Busa lol!

ThatWhiteCivic
07-21-2009, 04:42 PM
Just got back from the police station. Apperently another person went to the station a few hours before i did and claimed the bike was his, so when i told the detective im almost 100% sure it was mine he was a little skepital (sp?). Anyways i convinced him to let me down to the garage where all the bikes were being held and stuck my key in and yep it turned on. But the other guy also had a key that worked for the bike. So right now they are not sure who it will go to. So frustrating!!

madmike
07-21-2009, 04:52 PM
Wow thats the shoyet! I am glad they busted that ring, with all that work they did they could have opened a legit shop and made good bucks! WTF is wrong with them that they have to FU so many peoples lives by ripping them off?

Thats cool your so close to getting your ride back!

Mike

PureSound15
07-21-2009, 04:58 PM
You'd think that they could ask the guys where the bike came from? Am I being ridiculous? As long as they are being charged with stealing it - they might as well tell where it came from to make sure that it gets back to the owner.

I suppose they could have stolen multiple bikes but .. it's worth a shot.

Feature Pony
07-21-2009, 05:02 PM
Just got back from the police station. Apperently another person went to the station a few hours before i did and claimed the bike was his, so when i told the detective im almost 100% sure it was mine he was a little skepital (sp?). Anyways i convinced him to let me down to the garage where all the bikes were being held and stuck my key in and yep it turned on. But the other guy also had a key that worked for the bike. So right now they are not sure who it will go to. So frustrating!!

Make sure you take the pics to the police with any little marks like the smear on the fairing in your pics posted before and if they match your pics on the bike at least you will have a better chance to get it back. Bad news is the title will probably be screwed but at least if you sell it you'll get some of your money back. F***ing thiefs :fire

lordairgtar
07-21-2009, 05:07 PM
Interesting your key starts the bike as well as the other claimant's key. My thinking is, this other guy is the one thief they did not catch, and had a key made to fit the ignition.

TheRX7Project
07-21-2009, 05:08 PM

Wow that's crazy. Hopefully the bike goes to it's rightful owner, and hopefully that's you.

HY35F2T
07-21-2009, 05:13 PM
Interesting your key starts the bike as well as the other claimant's key. My thinking is, this other guy is the one thief they did not catch, and had a key made to fit the ignition.

thats what i was thinking.Id show them your missing thread and all that just to help out.

TheRX7Project
07-21-2009, 05:30 PM
Wait a minute. Don't you still have the title for this bike?

If he doesn't have any proof that he ever owned the same bike, it should be pretty simple. Do you still have a copy of the title for your bike? He would've had to have registered the bike at some point, so if there's no record of him having owned said bike...

ThatWhiteCivic
07-21-2009, 06:07 PM
Yes I have my title, and the other dude has his title as well. Neither of our vins match the bike.

88Nightmare
07-21-2009, 06:14 PM
wow thats crazy. how many different ignition/key combinations could there be there be for 1 model bike? Do any mfg's etch a VIN on the motor?

PB86MCSS
07-21-2009, 06:30 PM
Wow....thats bonkers. Hopefully if it is yours you get it back...at least these guys were caught, probably your theive(s).

jakedrew
07-21-2009, 09:02 PM
damn.,

good luck and keep us updated!

Reverend Cooper
07-21-2009, 09:04 PM
Dude I saw that in the paper this morning and thought about you. wondered if it was one of yours or not

Car Guy
07-21-2009, 09:07 PM
Yes I have my title, and the other dude has his title as well. Neither of our vins match the bike.

Is there any physical evidence on the bike that the VIN (or anything else) has been swapped...???

WickedSix
07-21-2009, 11:23 PM
if they swapped the engine from your bike into another frame the manufacturer should be able to verify the engine VIN and what frame VIN it is associated with.

Feature Pony
07-22-2009, 09:47 AM

I bet the lock cylinder is messed with so that any key can start this bike. The pros at stealing know how to pop locks so that you could never tell they were ever damaged and any key can access the lock. They did this on my old mustang that was broken into, the only reason I figured it out is I had 2 different sets of ford keys on my key ring and both worked for 2 different cars on my mustang, and then the detectives said this is a common practice with the "pros". If you think about it you sell that bike in chicago with a broken lock you find it 3 weeks later and take it again and do another frame swap, I bet these guys were stealing the bikes they resold to resell them again.:fire

GTSLOW
07-22-2009, 09:55 AM
What the fuck is up with that, both keys working? That rat bag probably heard the lady on the news say they didn't find the owner and flew in with a random key.

CarrotTop
07-22-2009, 10:57 AM
Glad they busted the ring

I hope you get your bike back man.

94greenbandit
07-22-2009, 11:03 AM
Here is a lesson to etch something into the frame that is not noticeable and would only mean something to you. That would be a good way to show it is yours

Feature Pony
07-22-2009, 12:36 PM
Here is a lesson to etch something into the frame that is not noticeable and would only mean something to you. That would be a good way to show it is yours

they swapped out his frame so even if he did something like this it wouldn't of helped. Only thing he can go by is if there is any marks on the plastics, seat or tank.

94greenbandit
07-22-2009, 12:44 PM
Oh ok I must have misread that

97z2801ss
07-22-2009, 06:22 PM
Keep us updated man I hope u get that bike back, vin on the motor somewhere? anything else to prove its yours?