PDA

View Full Version : Wanted: Sewing military uniform

OxmanWI
07-18-2009, 09:09 AM
Does anyone know a professional who would know how to sew BDU, ABU nametapes, badges, chevrons? I just got my ABUs and I don't have a sewing machine and don't have the time to sew by hand which would take hours of time. I need this done by the 24th. Let me know if you know a business or person.

Thanks,

Josh

PonyKiller87
07-18-2009, 10:22 AM
Goldfish Uniforms on about 57th and Bluemound. Ive taken all my stuff there and it always comes out great and the price is usualy pretty decent, its like $2 a patch or something like that.

subliminal1284
07-18-2009, 01:14 PM
Any dry cleaning place should be able to do it also, just pin the patches on exactly as they need to be on the shirt.

PonyKiller87
07-18-2009, 02:45 PM
Any dry cleaning place should be able to do it also, just pin the patches on exactly as they need to be on the shirt.

Only go this route as a last ditch effort, you will most likely get your stuff sewn on crooked, upsidedown, wrong side.... go to a pro that has someone that knows what a military uniform should look like.

OxmanWI
07-18-2009, 03:17 PM
I know I was thinking the same thing, I would only have a dry cleaning place do dry cleaning, never trust them with sewing. Learned that the hard way with a couple uniforms back in the day. I'll check out Goldfish, thanks!

SSScottSS
07-19-2009, 02:06 AM
I'd recommend a uniform shop like Lark or Red Taylor.