PDA

View Full Version : Make-A-Wish Foundation 3rd Annual CarShow

Doc Brown
07-17-2009, 08:56 AM
Here is a show to be held this upcoming Sunday, July 19 in Muskego (On Racine Ave. just south of I-43). This show benefits the Make-A-Wish Foundation.

3rd Annual Car Show - Muskego, WI
Sunday, 7/19/2009 10:00 am - 3:00 pm Category: Southern Wisconsin Car Show
Link to this event (http://www.wiscollectorcar.com/calendar/modules/joomla15/projects/car_show_calendar_2009/published/pages/details.php?event=196&instance=2009-7-19)

$10.00

This is the third annual car show to benefit the Make-A-Wish Foundation® of Wisconsin.

Come join us in raising donations for a great cause.

This great show is made up of a gathering of all different cars.

We are now expanding with this car show from the car & vendor show that was held on 28 June 2009.

There will be specials on food and drinks for all of those participants with vehicles.

Enjoy the music, food, drinks, 50/50 raffle and more.

Event Address
Muskeko Gateway
S67w19491 Tans Drive
Muskego, WI

houstonsaxton
07-17-2009, 03:22 PM
Is it open to all makes,years?

Doc Brown
07-17-2009, 04:42 PM
yes it is

Irish
07-17-2009, 04:52 PM
The event address is Muskego but the link says...

Olympic Lanes
4040 S. 27th Street
Milwaukee, WI
View Map

Which one?

Doc Brown
07-17-2009, 06:35 PM
I spoke to Wayne, the event organizer, just a little while ago. The event was moved to the Muskego address. I made him aware that wiscollectorcar.com still has the old location posted on their calendar, which is where I originally pulled the info from. My mistake for not being more thorough while editing.

Just be aware that construction might still prohibit you from exiting on Racine Ave and heading south, you may have to take the Moorland Road detour to Small Road and head west.

Irish
07-17-2009, 06:41 PM
Is this rain or shine?

lordairgtar
07-17-2009, 07:56 PM
Don't think it will be raining that day, Irish.

lordairgtar
07-17-2009, 07:58 PM
Just be aware that construction might still prohibit you from exiting on Racine Ave and heading south, you may have to take the Moorland Road detour to Small Road and head west.
However, when leaving, the ramp that goes North 43 is open.

Doc Brown
07-18-2009, 12:19 AM
Good point, 43 north back towards Milwaukee is open, you just have to stay to the right.

I'd imagine it is rain or shine, the entire parking lot is paved so at least you're not parked on grass/mud. I suppose the event organizer could answer that question definitively; I could try calling him Saturday sometime to find out for sure.

Doc Brown
07-18-2009, 11:04 PM
I left a message but he didn't get back to me today, but the weather is supposed to cooperate tomorrow for the most part. At least according to my Weather Channel App it is.

xFullThrottlex
07-19-2009, 09:26 PM
Pissed I missed this and the Stay Tuned show!!!!!

pOrk
07-19-2009, 09:53 PM
My dad and a bunch of his friends missed this show today because of the address mix up. Wonder how many people actually found the right address?

Doc Brown
07-19-2009, 11:06 PM
Not too many knew the correct address. I felt bad about the less-than-stellar turnout so I spoke to the event organizer while I was there. Unfortunately it seems that this is not the first time that a host location has backed out on him, forcing him to relocate to the Muskego location on short notice. Plus his DJ bailed on him for the 3rd time. Personally, I think it's very scummy for a host location & DJ to pull crap like that when a good charity is depending on the proceeds from a good turnout. For his part, though, the organizer could have done a better job with advertising this show online and with fliers.

Is BCM hosting a show this year with anyone? If so, maybe we could encourage donations to Make-A-Wish or donate some proceeds to it or something. The kid laying in a hospital bed somewhere should not be the one who ultimately ends up getting screwed over because of some unfortunate circumstances with the fundraising.

pOrk
07-20-2009, 10:27 AM
The BCM show proceeds this year went to one of our beloved members of the forum, and it was a pretty kick ass show / cause.

lordairgtar
07-20-2009, 06:02 PM
The DJ bailed? What crap! What happened? Did he have a emergency? I missed my one show Thursday because of the damned kidney stone. (Would be hard to DJ bent over in pain). This has happened to him twice that the DJ didn't show. The first time he had some kind of accident, I guess and I was able too fill in.I am a one man DJ service and the people he uses is a company with multiple DJs. There should have been a replacement sent. the company dropped the ball on this one. I've been trying to plug Wayne's show at my show and had him pepper my cruise with his fliers. Let's support this Friday cruise night and his monthly shows too. They are for a good cause. I had gone to another much larger show because I wanted to sell art. I should of come to Muskego.

Cars For Kids
07-21-2009, 06:41 PM
Howdy~
As a close friend to the organizer, I just wanted to mention that we have passed out over 3,000 fliers since May1. We are learning but not very good at getting the word out on the internet, so if you can help us out and teach us how to spread the word on the net that would be greatly appreciated.