PDA

View Full Version : patrick cudahy

88Nightmare
07-16-2009, 10:27 PM
http://www.bizjournals.com/milwaukee/stories/2009/07/13/daily68.html

88Nightmare
07-16-2009, 10:27 PM
Police have issued arrest warrants for two suspects in connection with a massive fire that destroyed a major portion of the Patrick Cudahy Inc. meat processing plant.

One suspect was in custody as of late Thursday afternoon and police were “attempting to secure” another from an out-of-state jurisdiction.

The Milwaukee County District Attorney’s Office is reviewing the matter for possible criminal charges. A decision as to whether charges will be filed isn’t likely to be made for several days, Deputy District Attorney Kent Lovern said.

One of the suspects was taken into custody Wednesday night, law enforcement officials said.

Investigators declined to provide the names or ages of the suspects, but said they were looking at “adult” charges in the case, indicating that the suspects were over the age of 17.

Fire investigators have determined that a military-grade flare that was shot onto the roof of the Patrick Cudahy plant, 1 Sweet Apple-Wood Lane, started the fire that the company estimates caused at least $50 million in damage.

Cudahy Police Chief Thomas Poellot said a pyrotechnic expert determined that the “flaming object” captured on surveillance video landing on the roof of the plant was not a consumer-grade firework. The expert determined the object to be a “military illumination” flare.

Security video showed that suspects launched the flare from a residential property in the 3600 block of East Holmes Avenue.

Poellot said investigators don’t believe that the fire was intentionally set but that it was “reckless” in nature and put many people in Cudahy in danger.

The fire was discovered at about 10 p.m. July 5 and burned for three days, damaging four adjacent buildings at the Patrick Cudahy complex. Authorities offered a reward of $16,000 for information leading to the arrest and conviction of the person or persons responsible for the fire.

wow

84hurst
07-17-2009, 01:06 AM
What a bunch of careless idiots! What do you think is gonna happen when you shoot a flare up on top of a building? DUH!! That fire destroyed the lives of the hundreds of people that worked there. But if it weren't for the reward, no one prolly would've ever been caught.

88Nightmare
07-17-2009, 01:09 AM
I don't think they intended to fire it ontop of the building, but thats pretty much how things ended up

84hurst
07-17-2009, 01:24 AM
I don't think they intended to fire it ontop of the building, but thats pretty much how things ended up

I understand that but I guess common sense isn't that common anymore. Hmmm, ''Lets shoot a flare on top of a building.'' Sounds like a good idea to me...

88Nightmare
07-17-2009, 01:46 AM
I'd like to know how they got military grade flares in the first place

animal
07-17-2009, 07:12 AM
When I saw the reward I remember thinking, wow there's a guy or gtoup of guys in cudahy shitting their pants tonight. Heh.

Glad they got that sob.

jbiscuit
07-17-2009, 08:15 AM
hell yea. Lock him up. Make me cringe at the mortars and sh1t people light right near my house. Its been so dry that this can happen easily

animal
07-17-2009, 08:42 AM
Yeah no shit. I was just thinking that while looking at my fried brown lawn heh.

It was two brothers 25 and 23. The younger is in the military I guess and is being extradited back to Milwaukee from Cal.

PonyKiller87
07-17-2009, 09:15 AM
Being that this thing got some national attention, I'm sure they will come down hard on who ever got that flare or more likely stole that flare. If hes still in the military theres probably a good chance they will throw the book at him too.

y2kws6
07-17-2009, 11:20 AM
They will probably get more time in jail than some drunk driver that killed someone, a murderer, or child molester(sp).

The american justice system.

Dan

Irish
07-17-2009, 11:52 AM
Someone correct me if I am wrong, but I believe that the military have total jurisdiction over their own personnel. I don't think the civil sector has any authority over the military without federal involvement. Meaning if the military don't want to give the guy up and choose to take him into custody and court martial the guy.. I think cudahy my just be shit outta luck.

MoCkiN U
07-17-2009, 11:53 AM
I dont know the complete law there but the national attention it will get will probably help in getting him. They said this morning the brother was on his way back. The military may throw the book at him and discharge his butt then send him back here for further prosecution. They also announced the man who left that infant in the van whom died from heat got 15 months in prison, watch these guys get more time than he did

pOrk
07-17-2009, 11:56 AM
Both kids are gonna be in deep shit, and they should be for being that irresponsible. All those people out of work, in this economy...

Irish
07-17-2009, 12:01 PM
Both kids are gonna be in deep shit, and they should be for being that irresponsible. All those people out of work, in this economy...

Quoted for truth. It doesn't really matter what happens to them. What really matters is, what is going to happen to those people who lost their jobs.