PDA

View Full Version : Add on Supercharged/turbocharged guys

Plum Crazy
07-14-2009, 08:28 PM
Im just curious how you guys paid for your kits, i was looking at a Procharger kit, its gunna be around 5000. Did you guys take out a loan, use a credit card, pay cash?? Any input is apreciated.

twicks69
07-14-2009, 08:59 PM
Words of advice...have the money first. Pay via credit card that has cash-back rewards on automotive parts (Discover Card Rewards), and then pay the bill in-full using the money you have saved in your account. My card has 5% cashback on automotive parts purchases and gives me a nice little chunk of cash back in my pocket regularly.

Don't be stupid and get loans -- they get out of control very quickly when you depend on it for purchasing things.

GTSLOW
07-14-2009, 09:02 PM
Yes I would definitely pay in full. Unless you have some card with a high limit and 0% for a year. Knowing that your job is secure and it will be paid off in a year.

xxsn0blindxx
07-14-2009, 09:05 PM
Going into debt to turbocharge or supercharge your car is about the stupidest idea ever. Do it the old fashioned way and save up. If you save up $416.67 per month you can buy it in a year, $208.33 per month and you can buy it in two years. Alternatively you could buy it on a credit card at 12%, pay it off in one year and give the CC company $330.98 that could have gone to other mods, or pay it off in two years and give the CC company $648.88.

There's you valuable life lesson of the day :thumbsup

Plum Crazy
07-14-2009, 09:05 PM
i am going to wait until my tool box is paid off, sometime in the spring of 2010, then i should have the majority of it in cash, especially if i get my tax money back by then.

Josepy
07-14-2009, 09:11 PM
credit card. had the cash to pay it off immediately. shop around for kits. i picked mine up used for 3k total

Plum Crazy
07-14-2009, 09:13 PM
credit card. had the cash to pay it off immediately. shop around for kits. i picked mine up used for 3k total

the one im looking at comes with upgraded injectors and custom tune. I was quoted 5000 for the Procharger kit and 5100 for an STS rear mount kit. I dont wanna do STS because i still want to drive the truck in the snow.

Josepy
07-14-2009, 09:21 PM
the one im looking at comes with upgraded injectors and custom tune. I was quoted 5000 for the Procharger kit and 5100 for an STS rear mount kit. I dont wanna do STS because i still want to drive the truck in the snow.

I am not A fan of the sts kits. The oiling is not up to par I think. I had looked at those also.

HITMAN
07-14-2009, 09:23 PM
Don't buy new, big dollar car parts on credit. You'll end up paying a bunch of interest on something that if you had to turn around and sell it, you'll be lucky to get $.50 on the dollar for it, if it's been used. If I were you, I'd look for a used kit. There's bound to be somebody out there that's just lost a job and has a shit load of debt coming down around his head. That's were you'll get a deal. New is fine, but nearly new and half the cost is where it's at. I paid $2000 for my used Whipple, I made 620 rwhp, I drove it for year and a half, had ZERO problems with it and sold it for what I paid for it. Now THAT'S free money... :thumbsup

84hurst
07-14-2009, 11:11 PM
I certainly wouldn't put it on credit, like was said before, and put yourself in debt. Save the cash up and pay for it. Why be like alomost everyone in America, in dept? Find a decent used or new one and go with it. Save money on the interest and have a nice quick vehicle. Just my opinion though.

Sprayaway Fox
07-15-2009, 01:21 AM
If you go to a speed shop see what they can give you for a price. Sometimes its less than a kit of the E net plus if you have problems or questions they usually help ya.

If ya looking for a blower just check out sites for your car and buy a good used one. With turbos being the rage nowadayz people are dumping blowers off alot easier.

GTSLOW
07-15-2009, 01:48 AM
Also there may be people who lost jobs and are selling their kit for quick cash. :D

70 cutlass 442
07-15-2009, 02:54 AM
do some shopping,

we put a vortech blower on a car for another member here and top to bottom i think it was $2200.... that included

Blower head unit and bracket
Injectors
Fuel pump
FMIC
Dyno tune.

Deals can be had if you know what to look for.

Dr.Buick
07-15-2009, 06:47 AM
Call mark at heiser in west bend,He is a procharger dealer, he may be able to get you a better price. Cash is always the best way to go. but its up to u how you pay for it.Good luck

Plum Crazy
07-15-2009, 08:36 AM
Call mark at heiser in west bend,He is a procharger dealer, he may be able to get you a better price. Cash is always the best way to go. but its up to u how you pay for it.Good luck

I have a Procharger dealer who works with me, he quoted me 4600 without the injectors and tune.

shoooo32
07-15-2009, 08:42 AM
Mod fever will come and go but a nasty cc balance can haunt you for a long time. The price of parts will come down and you won't have to sell your soul to get them.

A B4C Z
07-16-2009, 12:52 PM
Credit card only for the rewards. Then paid it off. Dont waste the time to putit on there cause you cant pay for it or like everyone else said it will be never ending.