PDA

View Full Version : Charter Automotive 2nd Annual Car Show.

STANMAN
07-13-2009, 02:58 PM
Where: 7850 N. 81st Street, Milwaukee, WI

When: August 22nd from 9am until 1pm. $10 registration, free dash plaques to the 1st 50 cars.

Food: Genuine charcoal grilled while you wait food will be available just like last year:thumbsup

Classes/Trophies/Judgeing:The 3 classes this year will be tuner, classic (20 years and older) and late model. This year it will be participant and Charter Automotive employee judgeing for 2 trophies in each class (last year we had some bad luck and hurt pride with the Chicago style voting) along with a "Best of Show" trophy.

Charity: All profits will be donated to the United Way:headbang

Many thanks to all who came last year, hope you enjoyed yourself enough to come again and bring some friends along!

Silver86
07-13-2009, 05:02 PM
i might actually make it to this one this year... unless they make me work again.

88Nightmare
07-13-2009, 07:09 PM
I couldnt make the last one... had to work

Hopefully I can make this one.

Is there pre-registration or do you just register on the spot when you arrive?

STANMAN
07-13-2009, 07:46 PM
I couldnt make the last one... had to work

Hopefully I can make this one.

Is there pre-registration or do you just register on the spot when you arrive?

On the spot. Just noticed this is the same day as Skeeters show, I think we both looked at all the normal car calendars and saw there was no big shows scheduled for this day and both chose it:rolf Ahhh well, at least they are close together:thumbsup

moels
07-13-2009, 09:03 PM
It's on my weekend off, if I'm back in production by then. I might be able to make this one.

88Nightmare
07-13-2009, 09:08 PM
Bob, I posted this on my tbss site... See if we can get more people to stop by.

STANMAN
07-13-2009, 09:45 PM
Bob, I posted this on my tbss site... See if we can get more people to stop by.

Thanks, everyone feel free to post this on other car boards as well:thumbsup

michelle
07-13-2009, 09:51 PM
Yay!

GRAMPS SS
07-13-2009, 09:54 PM
Brats????????????????

88Nightmare
07-13-2009, 09:57 PM
gonna bring the queer?

STANMAN
07-13-2009, 09:58 PM
Yes, there will be brats this year.

GRAMPS SS
07-13-2009, 10:09 PM
gonna bring the queer?

they won't have a class for the queer...

GRAMPS SS
07-13-2009, 10:10 PM
Yes, there will be brats this year.

Johnsonville...or old wisconsin...

88Nightmare
07-13-2009, 10:12 PM

late model :thumbsup

lordairgtar
07-13-2009, 11:16 PM
Late model!:thumbsup
edit....I really should read the complete thread before I post. Well, at least mine has an exclamation point.

SBC-Fox
07-13-2009, 11:35 PM
Really the same day as skeeters:confused Not Good

GRAMPS SS
07-14-2009, 01:56 AM
X2..not a good if SKEETERS IS THE 22nd.....SET A NEW DATE BOB..and not AUG 15TH..thats Sussex car show date......not like you have flyers out ?????...if you can change the date,then post on wed night classics as well...get flyers..i'll hand then out for ya....not like i don't go to any shows to hand them out at...Greg will help me....

SSDude
07-14-2009, 05:20 AM
X2..not a good if SKEETERS IS THE 22nd.....SET A NEW DATE BOB..and not AUG 15TH..thats Justice League benefit car show at Great Lakes Dragaway for Yoosef......
Fixed!:thumbsup

STANMAN
07-14-2009, 05:52 AM
Like I said, I think Skeeter and I both looked at the lack of shows going on that day and picked it. It seems no matter what date you pick in the summer there will always be another show.

STANMAN
07-14-2009, 05:54 AM
And if anyone wants to hand out flyers, contact me and I will get you some:thumbsup

STANMAN
07-21-2009, 09:06 AM
Looks like Skeeters will just be heating up as our show ends, so lots of people should be able to do BOTH:thumbsup

Just got confirmation that a DJ will be volunteering his time for the United Way, and ordered the dash plaques (1st 50 people) and trophies. Tell your friends:headbang

Josepy
07-21-2009, 09:13 AM
Yeah this show ends when skeeters heats up. Might be cool to do both.

STANMAN
07-28-2009, 02:24 PM
Just saw the proofs for the dash plaques, they are hot hot heat, you Mustang guys will not want to miss this show for the plaques alone:thumbsup (no, my car is not on the dash plaque:rolf)

SBC-Fox
07-28-2009, 10:05 PM
better save one for me if i have to do both shows

lordairgtar
07-29-2009, 12:08 AM
Just got confirmation that a DJ will be volunteering his time for the United Way, and ordered the dash plaques (1st 50 people) and trophies. Tell your friends:headbang
Volunteering to DJ for a group like United Way is like volunteering to cook for McDonalds. Why would you when 73% of the money UW takes in goes to running UW. I did that for a local Relay For Life event until I heard what DJs get from RFL around the country. That's why I volunteered for Justice League Of Car Clubs...I know where that money is going, not some suit's bonus for exceeding his quota.

STANMAN
07-29-2009, 05:53 AM
better save one for me if i have to do both shows

Mine is before Skeeters, no excuses!!

STANMAN
07-29-2009, 05:54 AM
Volunteering to DJ for a group like United Way is like volunteering to cook for McDonalds. Why would you when 73% of the money UW takes in goes to running UW. I did that for a local Relay For Life event until I heard what DJs get from RFL around the country. That's why I volunteered for Justice League Of Car Clubs...I know where that money is going, not some suit's bonus for exceeding his quota.

So I take it you're off the "to ask" list to volunteer time next year?:rolf

Z Speed
07-29-2009, 07:40 AM
I'll probably drop by dont have anything show worthy but I will swing by to see whats there

lordairgtar
07-29-2009, 09:24 PM
So I take it you're off the "to ask" list to volunteer time next year?:rolf
Not necessarily! I can be persuaded to donate a service. :thumbsupBut I see DJs getting paid major money by the "big" charities. I just prefer to donate a service to some group like Justice League. Most of what I do is car shows that benefit some charity or another. The fee I charge is way less than your usual "wedding DJ company" would do. They tend to look at it as another source of income. My fees basically cover my upkeep on vehicle and equipment and the obtaining of new equipment and music.

STANMAN
07-29-2009, 09:52 PM
Not necessarily! I can be persuaded to donate a service. :thumbsupBut I see DJs getting paid major money by the "big" charities. I just prefer to donate a service to some group like Justice League. Most of what I do is car shows that benefit some charity or another. The fee I charge is way less than your usual "wedding DJ company" would do. They tend to look at it as another source of income. My fees basically cover my upkeep on vehicle and equipment and the obtaining of new equipment and music.

The United Way is in no way, shape, or form even aware that we do the show. The DJ we have wasn't provided by the United Way, hell we have to pay for everything out of pocket and pay ourselves back at the end of the show. The way it works is we have a week long United Way drive where I am employed, and we use this event as a kick off. All the proceeds are tallied up at the end of the week and the United Way just knows the total, not where it comes from. I have been the lead or co-lead on the United Way team where I work since I started, and last year I just thought this would be a great way to combine 2 things, a great kick off event, and cars:thumbsup Last year was pretty bare bones, but people seem to like it, so we are going to make it a yearly thing. I try to incorporate all the things I don't like about car shows to make ours better. That's why it has a late start time (comparitively), it's short, and it has real grilled food. Those are things I like:rolf

Z Speed
07-30-2009, 04:26 AM
The United Way is in no way, shape, or form even aware that we do the show. The DJ we have wasn't provided by the United Way, hell we have to pay for everything out of pocket and pay ourselves back at the end of the show. The way it works is we have a week long United Way drive where I am employed, and we use this event as a kick off. All the proceeds are tallied up at the end of the week and the United Way just knows the total, not where it comes from. I have been the lead or co-lead on the United Way team where I work since I started, and last year I just thought this would be a great way to combine 2 things, a great kick off event, and cars:thumbsup Last year was pretty bare bones, but people seem to like it, so we are going to make it a yearly thing. I try to incorporate all the things I don't like about car shows to make ours better. That's why it has a late start time (comparitively), it's short, and it has real grilled food. Those are things I like:rolf

good call on trying to make the show reasonable for everyone to enjoy. I missed last year car show cause I blew a trans up on my cobalt lol. btw hows everything going over there. last I heard your the only person up in the office after the last employee cut beginning of the year

STANMAN
08-07-2009, 02:08 PM
good call on trying to make the show reasonable for everyone to enjoy. I missed last year car show cause I blew a trans up on my cobalt lol. btw hows everything going over there. last I heard your the only person up in the office after the last employee cut beginning of the year

Ha, there are a few of us left, but as far as supervision, yep, it's just me. I must be doing something right, or I make the least amount of $$$$, I haven't figured it out yet:rolf

Anyway guys and gals, got the trophies and plaques today, they look awesome. Please get the word out!!! Especially to you tuner guys who are frowned at at most shows, we have a class JUST for you!!!! Free dash plaques to the 1st 50 cars, fresh grilled while you wait food, trivia with prizes all day, and it's all for the United Way:thumbsup

michelle
08-19-2009, 07:03 AM
Bump! I'll be coming to look around, but my car's out. ):

JBs92Lude
08-19-2009, 09:02 AM
May come out as well to look around.

michelle
08-21-2009, 11:41 AM
Should be able to pick up my new power steering hose today, so tomorrow is looking better.

SBC-Fox
08-21-2009, 12:25 PM
What time are trophy's cause i need to leave at 12:30 to change my wheels for skeeters show? and i dont wanna leave without my first place trophy.

-stew-
08-21-2009, 01:28 PM
What time are trophy's cause i need to leave at 12:30 to change my wheels for skeeters show? and i dont wanna leave without my first place trophy.

First place in the "Right Church, Wrong Pew" class?

:thumbsup

STANMAN
08-21-2009, 02:49 PM
what time are trophy's cause i need to leave at 12:30 to change my wheels for skeeters show? And i dont wanna leave without my first place trophy.

12:30.

SBC-Fox
08-21-2009, 05:55 PM
First place in the "Right Church, Wrong Pew" class?

Kinda like mustang's stock nice lookin car-shit 302?
is that what you meant?
:thumbsup:thumbsup

-stew-
08-21-2009, 06:20 PM
You're so full of hate, Ryan. I think you need a hug and a Grape Fanta.

SBC-Fox
08-21-2009, 09:36 PM
Grape fanta sounds amazing right now

STANMAN
08-22-2009, 04:49 PM
Thanks to those who made it. Great food, great company, and very cozy:durr

Reverend Cooper
08-22-2009, 05:07 PM
So who all won what?

STANMAN
08-22-2009, 07:13 PM
The tuner class had only 2 cars, so they both one, a scion and a Subie Impreza I think. Classic's went to a nice 67 Mustang GT and a VW Beetle, late model went to a S197 Mustang and a Kenne Belle Vette, best of show went to an S197 Mustang as well.

Thanks again to everyone who came:thumbsup

GRAMPS SS
08-22-2009, 07:58 PM
sorry didn't get to the show.what was total car count..same as last year...or more?.was the show a success...?.heard that the S197 that won BEST IN SHOW was a familiar car to all.....any comments on that....

JBs92Lude
08-22-2009, 08:41 PM
Small turnout, but still a decent show. Had a bit of its own burnout contest as people left. Oh and there were plenty of peppermints... :goof

STANMAN
08-22-2009, 08:49 PM
sorry didn't get to the show.what was total car count..same as last year...or more?.was the show a success...?.heard that the S197 that won BEST IN SHOW was a familiar car to all.....any comments on that....

Smaller than last year. We had Usingers brats at someones request, but that person didn't bother to show:alcoholic

I don't know if it was the other shows, the weather, what it was. I mean we have the best food at the best prices of any show, the entry fee is reasonable for a charity, the trophies are nice.........suggestions welcome:thumbsup

Best in show being familiar to all, that's a stretch, I am sure there are lots of people who have never seen the car.

JBs92Lude
08-22-2009, 08:54 PM
Best in show being familiar to all, that's a stretch, I am sure there are lots of people who have never seen the car.

First time I saw your car.... but that's because I am new. :goof

GRAMPS SS
08-22-2009, 08:55 PM
NOT THAT I DIDN'T BOTHER TO SHOW.. i said sorry didn't get to the show,,not like i was drinking as your portraying it.,...

STANMAN
08-22-2009, 08:59 PM
NOT THAT I DIDN'T BOTHER TO SHOW.. i said sorry didn't get to the show,,not like i was drinking as your portraying it.,...

That's the sign for me drunk posting. I have actually never seen you drink old man.........maybe this week you can take me out to lunch and show me how you put them down:thumbsup

STANMAN
08-22-2009, 09:00 PM
Small turnout, but still a decent show. Had a bit of its own burnout contest as people left. Oh and there were plenty of peppermints... :goof

Good one's to! Why didn't you bring your car, hell there were only 2 tuner entries, you had a great chance of winning!!

Reverend Cooper
08-22-2009, 09:01 PM
sooo you won best of show at your own show?

JBs92Lude
08-22-2009, 09:01 PM
Good one's to! Why didn't you bring your car, hell there were only 2 tuner entries, you had a great chance of winning!!

Haha this is true, didn't know I would stand such a chance of winning. :rolf

STANMAN
08-22-2009, 09:10 PM
sooo you won best of show at your own show?

We had participant and Charter Automotive employee's voting. I did not take place in the vote counting (my wife didn't either), I did however participate in the show as a paid entry as well as a volunteer, and I did cast my own vote right along with everyone elses for all the classes.

I took best of show, this is true. I guess not everyone hates my car as much as you Coop. Next time show up and cast your own vote, make your voice be heard:thumbsup

Reverend Cooper
08-22-2009, 09:19 PM
Gotcha,just checking lol

GRAMPS SS
08-22-2009, 09:24 PM
what was total amout of cars there bob.....

Waver
08-22-2009, 09:35 PM
rumor has it that it was 13.......I guess with skeeters and the uptown shows, today was not a good day for another one.......

JBs92Lude
08-22-2009, 09:51 PM
rumor has it that it was 13.......I guess with skeeters and the uptown shows, today was not a good day for another one.......

Yes, there were 13 cars total. We took the time to count. :goof

Waver
08-22-2009, 09:56 PM
So is that why Bob is afraid to say that he took best of show, at his own show mind you, because there were only 13 cars there?

badass88gt
08-22-2009, 11:19 PM
Ive found it best in the past, when I worked at a show (EAA '08 for example) my car was not allowed to be voted on, eliminates any chance of winning.

STANMAN
08-23-2009, 06:33 AM
So is that why Bob is afraid to say that he took best of show, at his own show mind you, because there were only 13 cars there?

See post #54.

STANMAN
08-23-2009, 06:35 AM
Ive found it best in the past, when I worked at a show (EAA '08 for example) my car was not allowed to be voted on, eliminates any chance of winning.

Yep, if your car can't be voted on, it pretty much eliminates the chance of winning I guess.

michelle
08-23-2009, 07:19 AM
Here's a friendly reminder before this gets more stupid, because tweedle-dee and tweedle-dumb think they're cool. (http://brewcitymuscle.com/forum/showthread.php?t=40595)

Reverend Cooper
08-23-2009, 08:32 AM
It's got nothing to do with being cool Mother. Just wondering why you would refer to it as a s197 and not your own car? also Michelle if your weren't a hypocrite you wouldn't have seen this yourself as you would have had us on ignore already. lol

STANMAN
08-23-2009, 09:29 AM
It's got nothing to do with being cool Mother. Just wondering why you would refer to it as a s197 and not your own car? also Michelle if your weren't a hypocrite you wouldn't have seen this yourself as you would have had us on ignore already. lol

Every other car I reffered to as it's model as well. Other members here won, I didn't mention them by name either. Since the question was asked about my car, I answered it. There's absolutely nothing for me to hide, my show is 100% on the up and up.....

STANMAN
08-23-2009, 09:32 AM
And we had 15 cars register, geez get it right people:rolf

It's OK, the show will go on, as I enjoy doing it, and it's for charity, and we did make a small profit due to food sales (best food for a car show....ever!). The entry fees basically covered the trophies and dash plaques.

-stew-
08-23-2009, 10:00 AM
Entering your car in a show you set up, organized and is held at your place of work is skeezy. Kinda like wearing socks and sandals ; no written law against it, but when you see it you know it's wrong.

badass88gt
08-23-2009, 10:05 AM
Yep, if your car can't be voted on, it pretty much eliminates the chance of winning I guess.

Yup, still have your car in the show for others to see, just no card on the dash with a number on it.

GRAMPS SS
08-23-2009, 10:14 AM
We had participant and Charter Automotive employee's voting.

why 2 types of voters ????....never have i seen this unless there is a tie....

STANMAN
08-23-2009, 10:45 AM
why 2 types of voters ????....never have i seen this unless there is a tie....

They both vote on the same cars, for the same trophies, it's just we wanted to give our EE's who didn't have cars a way to participate since it is the kickoff for our United Way drive here at work.

And trust me, I am not liked (I am a supervisor, does ANYONE like their boss:rolf) so it's not like Charter EE's were stuffing the box for my car:rolf

-stew-
08-23-2009, 10:51 AM
They both vote on the same cars, for the same trophies, it's just we wanted to give our EE's who didn't have cars a way to participate since it is the kickoff for our United Way drive here at work.

And trust me, I am not liked (I am a supervisor, does ANYONE like their boss:rolf) so it's not like Charter EE's were stuffing the box for my car:rolf

If your not liked, it probably has more to do with you, than your position.

STANMAN
08-23-2009, 10:51 AM
Entering your car in a show you set up, organized and is held at your place of work is skeezy. Kinda like wearing socks and sandals ; no written law against it, but when you see it you know it's wrong.

I can see that with the level of dishonesty and shady shit that unfortunatly pervades seemingly everything in todays day and age, so Stew I see where you are coming from. People can think what they want, people who know me, not know of me, not think they know me, not have heard that they know me, know I am one of the most open and honest people they have ever met. At the end of the day no matter what I were to say, or what I were to do, people are going to think what they want to think. I am luck enough to know what I know, which is this: I know that the fact I took home best of show has nothing to do with me running, volunteering, or being part of the staff responsible for putting on this show..........

GRAMPS SS
08-23-2009, 10:53 AM
like Dan said...it's the principal of the thing...you should of just had your show on DISPLAY....but hey,,,,if your pround of the trophy...that's you...what do i know...i never had a show car in my life....:shades

so just ignore anything i have said..for it won't matter anyways....

STANMAN
08-23-2009, 10:55 AM
If your not liked, it probably has more to do with you, than your position.

Maybe. Again, I am here for a reason, and that is to make the company money, and generally that means makeing the staff I have actually work for a living. People don't seem to want to do that nowadays, so yeah, they dislike me because I hold them to standards that will make the company profitable, safe, customer orientated, and with teamwork as the #1 way of getting to our goal. Some supervisors let the work force run the shop the way they want, and when you have a certain skill level of EE's, that's not a bad thing. I wish I had that luxury.

Are we going to start talking about my job performance now. Really?:alcoholic

There's people on this board who have worked for me. Several. Ask them about how I am as a supervisor, then come back and say what you will.

GRAMPS SS
08-23-2009, 10:57 AM
I can see that with the level of dishonesty and shady shit that unfortunatly pervades seemingly everything in todays day and age, so Stew I see where you are coming from. People can think what they want, people who know me, not know of me, not think they know me, not have heard that they know me, know I am one of the most open and honest people they have ever met. At the end of the day no matter what I were to say, or what I were to do, people are going to think what they want to think. I am luck enough to know what I know, which is this: I know that the fact I took home best of show has nothing to do with me running, volunteering, or being part of the staff responsible for putting on this show..........

ok..lets go with that..he says he's honest..then his word is gold here on this subject............:thumbsup

STANMAN
08-23-2009, 11:00 AM
ok..lets go with that..he says he's honest..then his word is gold here on this subject............:thumbsup

Do you not agree? You have been around me enough to have a good feel of where I am coming from. When asked my opinion at the Sussex show last year, did I say my car was the best car there, or did I point to the car that eventually DID take best of show?

Reverend Cooper
08-23-2009, 12:56 PM
So let's recap,Bob won his own trophy,others here won but we can't give them credit by name because then Bob has to also name himself. Sooo if we name the car models it doesn't look like a home cooked show.Which of course it isn't because everyone hates him at his work lolz
If one thing went right it was the fact you raised some money for the United Way and that is commendable.
Hopefully you sleep well knowing you won your own trophy you bought at a show you put on,because that will keep 'em coming back next year. Great Job!!!!

Reverend Cooper
08-23-2009, 12:58 PM
Grape fanta sounds amazing right now

I love grape Fanta,but orange sits better with my tummy.

nismodave
08-23-2009, 01:04 PM
Congrats. Bob!

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_JvvB6-2vDC8/SnNVhxfTeJI/AAAAAAAAEHk/hEPitwnMwFA/s400/mark-monkey-and-trophy.jpg

Reverend Cooper
08-23-2009, 01:05 PM
Congrats. Bob!

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_JvvB6-2vDC8/SnNVhxfTeJI/AAAAAAAAEHk/hEPitwnMwFA/s400/mark-monkey-and-trophy.jpg

:rolf

Reverend Cooper
08-23-2009, 01:06 PM
I agree Dave Congratz Bob.
http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e173/sbr2005/aa-1.jpg

STANMAN
08-23-2009, 01:25 PM
Last year when I ran the exact same show the same way I don't remember there being this much drama. I wonder what the difference is? Oh, that's right, I didn't win anything last year, but now I did win, and all these buzzards that didn't even attend have an issue. Like I said, next year come and vote, make your voice heard, make a donation to a charitable event, have some awesome food:thumbsup

Mike, why don't you list all the people from this forum that won trophies at your show? I mean what's the purpose? If the people that won want to speak up, more power to them. If they don't, that's their right to.

I love this forum, it may be the only one on the interweb where someone holds an event for charity and people have to shite talk.

What's the next subject so we can move on, we talked about how I am so greedy I rig my own car show, we talked about my job performance, we all know how ugly my car is, so where do we go from here?:rolleyes:

STANMAN
08-23-2009, 01:28 PM
So let's recap,Bob won his own trophy,others here won but we can't give them credit by name because then Bob has to also name himself. Sooo if we name the car models it doesn't look like a home cooked show.Which of course it isn't because everyone hates him at his work lolz
If one thing went right it was the fact you raised some money for the United Way and that is commendable.
Hopefully you sleep well knowing you won your own trophy you bought at a show you put on,because that will keep 'em coming back next year. Great Job!!!!

At least the people tallying votes at my show know how to count and don't consist of my wife. Now I would call THAT a home cooked show.......

nismodave
08-23-2009, 01:28 PM
I think Charter holding a show for charity is great.

I think you winning a trophy at a show you orginized is funny.

STANMAN
08-23-2009, 01:30 PM

Like a clown? Like fishy?

Reverend Cooper
08-23-2009, 01:32 PM
Actually I said it was commendable for you to raise money for the United way.You are the one that said you are hated at your job.And I'm not sure but I think there are a list of winners from all the shows I'm involved with on one of the sites. (none of which includes myself on the list)
No one mentioned greedy except you.
This in all reality has nothing to do with any show's I may be involved with other than you trying to deflect Inquiry's about your own home cookin'
lolz

Reverend Cooper
08-23-2009, 01:33 PM
At least the people tallying votes at my show know how to count and don't consist of my wife. Now I would call THAT a home cooked show.......

Just because you haven't won at a larger show doesn't mean someone can't count,I didn't see you volunteer to count votes either,maybe you should have you may have recieved a trophy lol
I bet it was hard for you to count them up did you have to take your shoes off to Bob,maybe call your wife to use a calculator for the 20-30 votes lol

Reverend Cooper
08-23-2009, 01:34 PM

like when food smells funny,that kinda funny?

nismodave
08-23-2009, 01:36 PM
Like sort of rediculous.

Like having 20 people show up with you and voting for your car in a spectator vote show.

Im sure that with 13 cars total, yours (in alot of peoples eyes) was the best there.

But since you orginized the show, i dont think you should be able to win. Hence, its just funny to me.

Once again, im glad that Charter raised some money for a good cause. Kudos to you for that.

Mr Twigbert
08-23-2009, 02:10 PM
I'm not sure I would have told anyone that I won 'Best in Show' award for a show I put together and consisted on ONLY 13 cars IMO. But then again I don't even have a car any more and when I did it never won an award. So I guess WTF do I know.

GRAMPS SS
08-23-2009, 05:38 PM
Last year when I ran the exact same show the same way I don't remember there being this much drama. I wonder what the difference is? Oh, that's right, I didn't win anything last year, but now I did win, and all these buzzards that didn't even attend have an issue. Like I said, next year come and vote, make your voice heard, make a donation to a charitable event, have some awesome food:thumbsup

HEY...i'm an old buzzard...get it right..and i had other places to be that morning.:thumbsup

and i'm sure if they, the said buzzards did attend..they would fell the same...yes you did a good thing for United Way...but broke the golded rule as i told you...you never enter your car if you have anything at all to do with said show....plain and simple...alot of shows that i have been apart of...the car is on display....NON COMP...
granted this isn't a world of wheels were talking here...were just talking about a show in general....but you do want to end up making the show larger...

Reverend Cooper
08-23-2009, 05:41 PM
^ ding ding ding we have a winnah

1320PNY
08-23-2009, 09:10 PM
I had a good time at the show. Doug Vojtko (Retro 05) took home some hardware as well (S197). My car was the only other S197 (no trophies) but I don't put in the effort that Doug does and anything he gets is well deserved.

As for other cars and people, there was a great mix of things and the people were fantastic. The guy and gal that ran the grille were great people, fun to talk to, and made great burgers.

I actually enjoyed talking to the tuner guys about cosmetic mods and stereo stuff. The weather wasn't the best for a show. The location is a bit of a hunt to find. I think in the future, there should be a cruise attached to this show to help people find it and also open the field to a more fun filled family event. Maybe a cruise where kids could ride as passengers in the cars on the way to the show.

I know I had a bunch of kids that like my "race car". I opened the door and let them climb around a bit. It made their day and mine.

All in all, anyone whom participated had a good time and felt good about being there. I gave Bob shit about his hardware too. :rolf

Waver
08-24-2009, 07:04 AM
Bob, honestly, I commend you for putting on a show for charity, however like I stated before, with skeeters and the uptown show, this might not have been the best day to have a show. As for why I wasnt there, well honestly I work 5 to 6 days a week, 54-60 hours a week. Saturday just happens to be a day I work, and as a result, I wasnt able to attend some shows this year (EAA, Horses and Hogs, ect). I am sure you would of had more than 13-15 cars showing there if it was on, say a sunday, or you would of listened to wayne when the skeeters show was posted.

As far as you winning a trophy, seriously dude? Talk to anyone on here who has organized a show (not voulenteered, organized). They never enter their car to be judged. The last Eaa show that I went to, coop didnt allow his car to be judged, nor did spike. The year before that, Coop just helped spike, so his car was judged. See what I am getting at? You are the biggest complainer about home cooking shows. take a step back from your personal feelings and your involvment in the show. With you allowing your car to be judged, can you not see where they are comming from?

STANMAN
08-24-2009, 07:38 AM
Bob, honestly, I commend you for putting on a show for charity, however like I stated before, with skeeters and the uptown show, this might not have been the best day to have a show. As for why I wasnt there, well honestly I work 5 to 6 days a week, 54-60 hours a week. Saturday just happens to be a day I work, and as a result, I wasnt able to attend some shows this year (EAA, Horses and Hogs, ect). I am sure you would of had more than 13-15 cars showing there if it was on, say a sunday, or you would of listened to wayne when the skeeters show was posted.

As far as you winning a trophy, seriously dude? Talk to anyone on here who has organized a show (not voulenteered, organized). They never enter their car to be judged. The last Eaa show that I went to, coop didnt allow his car to be judged, nor did spike. The year before that, Coop just helped spike, so his car was judged. See what I am getting at? You are the biggest complainer about home cooking shows. take a step back from your personal feelings and your involvment in the show. With you allowing your car to be judged, can you not see where they are comming from?

See post #72, yes I understand. I, however, am not willing to sacrafice my honor for winning (or someone else not winning by having my wife count the ballots) an fing trophy. It's something I hate when I see it (see Wayne's post about car shows, that stuff happens all the time. Hell, ask Coop, one of the most entertaining home cooking moments I have seen was the cemetary show last year where a far FAR inferior Roush to Coops won, but when they announced a Stage 2 Roush Coop started to walk up there to get his trophy, only then they announced the name and it was some other Roush that won through some home cooked BS he had to turn around) and I won't tolerate it at my show. My car wins those on it's own, as hard as that is to believe.

As far as Skeeters, when I planned my show, it was posted as Sunday. The correct date wasn't posted until after I planned my show date. It's all good, we raised some money for the United Way, had a good time, some great food, some good company, and some OK weather. Life is good.

Thanks to everyone who showed, hope you had a great time. I did speak to the co-organizer of this event this morning about this whole ordeal. She stated that she will not have her integrity smeered (she was the vote counter) over a car show trophy, and we both agreed that we will no longer be holding this car show. Can we close this now?