PDA

View Full Version : cancel codes

pittsman
07-13-2009, 10:55 AM
HELP. I need to find someone to cancel some emmissions codes on an LS7 motor. We are only running one set of O2 sensors on our motor (custom engine harness only has two outputs) and our PCM is throwing a heater resistance code because the second set of O2 sensors don't exist. This is a 667HP kit car. Check it out on you tube, video at gtm147

Rocket Power
07-13-2009, 11:51 AM
Why don't you get some of the o2 eliminators in place of the rear sensors?

70 cutlass 442
07-13-2009, 04:03 PM
Why don't you get some of the o2 eliminators in place of the rear sensors?

its usually cheaper if you can just have someone turn them off in the ecm.

0TransAm0
07-13-2009, 04:06 PM
HELP. I need to find someone to cancel some emmissions codes on an LS7 motor. We are only running one set of O2 sensors on our motor (custom engine harness only has two outputs) and our PCM is throwing a heater resistance code because the second set of O2 sensors don't exist. This is a 667HP kit car. Check it out on you tube, video at gtm147

1ST post?? welcome to BCM..

and i agree with the 02 sensor sims.. they can be had pretty cheep on LS1 tech when you can find them.. or try one of the SPONSORS of the site....

WickedSix
07-13-2009, 05:09 PM
I wonder if cops try to sting people that do that kind of thing....maybe im just paranoid of new people.....

Holeshot
07-13-2009, 05:15 PM
Speed Inc in Il sells O2 sims.

jon_we4
07-15-2009, 07:21 AM
There are no o2 sims for newer GM PCM's.... the latest years that really work are 2002-2003. And if there are no connectors on the harness there would be no place for the sims to plug in.

I'm sure someone with HPT, EFILive, or LS2edit could help you out in the area if they have the license. I'm sure BADLS1 has it. I only have an LS7 license for a 2009 model year PCM.

EDIT:

I wonder if cops try to sting people that do that kind of thing....maybe im just paranoid of new people.....

It's a kit car that wouldn't need the rear o2's to pass an emissions test anyways. Nothing shady about that.

JMG853
07-16-2009, 10:34 AM
Unlike the C5Z, if this is a C6Z you can not eliminate the codes via us - Individual end users and owners. However, if you go to advance auto parts, they can turn them off for you as they have a code reader. You can also wait until the cycle time completes - I think 16 times, but given what you wrote, these codes are going to come right back on.

If your set-up is not tuned to override that, they are going to come right back on as well.

I hope that this helps.

JG853

BAD LS1
07-16-2009, 10:41 AM
So long as its a GM PCM used here i can shut them off, most expensive part is the HPT credits to access the PCM.