PDA

View Full Version : Port Washington "Fish Day" Carshow

YellowNanner
07-12-2009, 11:23 PM
Anyone interested? I would love to attend this show with a group!

Date: Saturday, July 18, 2009 - 3rd Saturday in July.

Time: Car Show Hours - 10:00AM-4:00PM. Registration from 8:00 am to Noon. Awards presentation 3:00pm.

Fees: Registration is $10.00 per car. There is no admission fee to the public. This is a JUDGED show. Open to all makes and models. Registration on the day of the show.

* Dash Plaques and Goodie Bags to first 100 Entries

* Music by DJ Rob Peterson

* Door Prizes and trivia contests

Here is the link to there Website: http://portfishday.com/carshow.html (http://portfishday.com/carshow.html)

I've never been to this show but it sounds really cool! What do you guys think?

lordairgtar
07-12-2009, 11:49 PM
This is my next one to attend. Great show. This is a must attend, YellowNanner.

Smokey1226
07-13-2009, 12:10 AM
i always hear great things about fish days!

Greg@GLD
07-13-2009, 06:14 AM
We'd love to have you guys. It's always a good time in a great setting and Fish Day itself is quite the happening.

The dash plaques are really cool this year, there will be three trophies presented in 15 classes. The show is judged. (I personally do not take part in the judging to avoid conflict of interest, and my cars are not included in the judging either)

We'll have a lot of cool door prizes and DJ Rob from Wayne's Drive In is our DJ. :headbang

Port Fish Day is the world's largest outdoor fish fry. There's a huge parade, a walk/run, arts and crafts fair, other food vendors besides fish, lots of music including this year's headliner Molly Hatchet, and this year for the first time a full carnival for the kids, including a ferris wheel way up on the bluff that will provide views of the lake that are spectacular, and the fireworks at night are bigger than the 4th of July. Oh yea, and beer. Lots of beer. Fish Day is kind of like our "Summerfest"

We'll be up there bright and early. If you enter the show we'll see you.

From everyone on the Port Fish Day Committee- We hope you decide to spend your day with us!

:banana :thumbsup

YellowNanner
07-13-2009, 09:36 AM
we should try and mee up somewhere and cruise in together.

YellowNanner
07-15-2009, 08:07 AM
I am going for sure! Hopefully some of you will come with so we can show up with a few cars not just the yellownanner, lol.

STANMAN
07-15-2009, 09:52 AM
This is close enough for me to possibly attend, as if anything goes wrong I could always just take the daughter home without issue. I have never been to this show, but have heard it's pretty sweet.

animal
07-15-2009, 10:14 AM
I'd be down to meet up on saturday morning to caravan there from wb.

2000navyz
07-15-2009, 02:46 PM
i will be there via boat, hope to see some of you guys up there!

lordairgtar
07-15-2009, 06:11 PM
I am bringing the little blue wagon and art stuff to draw cars.

JBs92Lude
07-16-2009, 05:59 PM
I will most likely be attending. Any plans to meet up before the show?

Waver
07-16-2009, 06:04 PM
well I cant make the show, but I will be up there eventually drinking

YellowNanner
07-16-2009, 06:29 PM
I everyone wants we can meet up at my home in west bend and head to the Fish Day from there. (We should get there around 8am). I am by the H.S. in west bend.

Burgandy85SS
07-16-2009, 10:33 PM
I plan on heading up that way saturday. Does the show fill up fast or is there usually room?

animal
07-17-2009, 07:24 AM
I'll be going unless it's rainin.

Post up details if we are going to meet somewhere.

YellowNanner
07-17-2009, 08:50 AM
Alright Guys, I have a meeting spot! There is a parking lot across from the H.S. on the Corner of HYW G (River Rd.) and Decorah. Its the lot for the Baseball field. Lets meet up there at 7:15am. We can then Take Decorah to 33, into Port Washington! Any ?'s call me at 2623493478.

Greg@GLD
07-17-2009, 11:17 AM
Alright Guys, I have a meeting spot! There is a parking lot across from the H.S. on the Corner of HYW G (River Rd.) and Decorah. Its the lot for the Baseball field. Lets meet up there at 7:15am. We can then Take Decorah to 33, into Port Washington! Any ?'s call me at 2623493478.

Just a quick FYI- We have a map up on the website showing the best route. Don't take 33 into town, the parade and such will get in your way. Jump on 43 north at Saukville and run up to exit #100, (see map) and come in the NORTH entrance.

http://portfishday.com/showmap.jpg

By the way, we have some REALLY nice door prizes like California Car Dusters, complete detail kits, jumper cables, first aid kits, etc. Everyone gets 2 free tickets with admission.

Thanks for the enthusiasm and we'll see ya tomorrow!

animal
07-17-2009, 12:32 PM
Sweet greg thanks for the tip!

Goat Roper
07-17-2009, 04:57 PM
I will be up there taking photos, if you need something and find me, just ask

YellowNanner
07-17-2009, 10:06 PM
See ya in the morning!

RanJer
07-17-2009, 11:30 PM
715 is far too early for me to be up in WB... Anyone up for a slightly later roll outta bed meet up/drive in?

YellowNanner
07-19-2009, 12:32 AM
This was a GREAT show! And I took home a 2nd place trophy to boot!

animal
07-19-2009, 09:01 AM
Wow sweet dude. Congrats.

Greg@GLD
07-19-2009, 09:18 AM
Wow sweet dude. Congrats.

You won also. I think Dean has your trophy...

GR8COM
07-19-2009, 10:26 AM
Well at least some people won at this horribly run show. Congrats to the winners

Greg@GLD
07-19-2009, 10:34 AM
Well at least some people won at this horribly run show. Congrats to the winners

It depends who you talk to as far as that goes. But that's ok, next year someone else can step and run it, because it seems like no mater what you do, somebody complains about something. At least we took our personal time to try to make sure that there would be a show, period, because the person in charge of it last year quit. We at least stepped up to help.

But I'm done with it now, so yea, go ahead and say whatever, it does not matter to me, because we did the best that we could and that's that. We had a huge turnout, cars were parked well and people had a good time. Some who didn't win anything or were mad because they got there after the posted registration time bitched and complained, but that's how it goes.

Thanks to several people from BCM who were members and came and helped us. We appreciate it.

Next year someone else can take the heat. Then I can actually bring my cars and enjoy the show, rather than spend all day on my feet trying to make others happy and get bitched at.

Contact the Port Washington Chamber of Commerce if you wish to inquire about running this show next year and good luck with it. :thumbsup

YellowNanner
07-19-2009, 10:54 AM
Greg, I thought the show went well. Its hard work running these shows and people do not realize that. I do one at Benders every monday and there is always someone not happy with how the voting is or how the classes are set up. I go to shows to hang out, I do not go with the intention to win something. If I do its just a perk, lol. For what its worth it was one of the better shows I have went to. For next year there is only a couple things I would change: Port-A-Johns near the show, Food/drink Near the show. It was a haul to always walk up to the top of the hill, lol. Other than that I was very happy with how it was handled, and I have been to well over 30 shows! There will always be someone upset about something, do not take it personally. I think that the people who are upset just know they wouldnt have won something anyway and thats their way of blaming you, lol.

I had a lot of fun and it was great meeting some of the brew city peeps.
Some pics:
http://i30.tinypic.com/2rpfcia.jpg
http://i31.tinypic.com/2mcedlc.jpg
My Trophy
http://i25.tinypic.com/o7j77s.jpg
One of the other members of my car club with his award
http://i29.tinypic.com/6sz0is.jpg
Ford Probe Club (I was a part of this club in H.S. and part of college, lol)

Greg@GLD
07-19-2009, 11:11 AM
Greg, I thought the show went well. Its hard work running these shows and people do not realize that. I do one at Benders every monday and there is always someone not happy with how the voting is or how the classes are set up. I go to shows to hang out, I do not go with the intention to win something. If I do its just a perk, lol. For what its worth it was one of the better shows I have went to. For next year there is only a couple things I would change: Port-A-Johns near the show, Food/drink Near the show. It was a haul to always walk up to the top of the hill, lol. Other than that I was very happy with how it was handled, and I have been to well over 30 shows! There will always be someone upset about something, do not take it personally. I think that the people who are upset just know they wouldnt have won something anyway and thats their way of blaming you, lol.

I had a lot of fun and it was great meeting some of the brew city peeps.
Some pics:
http://i30.tinypic.com/2rpfcia.jpg
http://i31.tinypic.com/2mcedlc.jpg
My Trophy
http://i25.tinypic.com/o7j77s.jpg
One of the other members of my car club with his award
http://i29.tinypic.com/6sz0is.jpg
Ford Probe Club (I was a part of this club in H.S. and part of college, lol)

The placement of the food and the bathrooms is structured to the whole event, not the car show, so we wouldn't be able to change that no matter what. We also had some people who we counted on in past years that couldn't help this year. Couple that with double the turnout. It is what it is. The complaints versus the complements runs about 100 to 1 on the positive side, but it still gets upsetting when you put yourself out there and donate your time, and people act like this is some life-or-death thing, forgetting that people do this for free so that others can enjoy themselves. Trophy hunters ruin every show, that's just a given...
I used to LOVE Fish Day, we went for years and never had to worry about any of this stuff. It seems like it's hard for them to keep people in place to run this show, everybody quits. Count me as the next quitter. :thumbsup

Well, we gave it a shot. Fritz and Brent and Josh and the guys from WISVTOA were a great help and I appreciate it very much.

Now let someone else step in and run it. I'm sure everything will go perfectly and nobody will complain about anything... Next year I can actually enter my cars in the show!! :headbang If there is a show that is...

YellowNanner
07-19-2009, 11:33 AM
I hope to see that "Dreamsicle" (I a little birdy told me thats the nickname) sometime soon!:headbang You should bring her out to benders one of these days! Thanks again for your hard work on the show It was a GREAT time!!!!

Greg@GLD
07-19-2009, 11:35 AM
Oh yea, FWIW- Over the last year, a HUGE playground was built up there in the area where much of the car show used to be. I kinda forgot to mention that, and the reason I do is, in past year, those port-a-johns and the fish stands were almost directly across from the car show. We lost probably 200 spaces this year. Some of the complaints were from people who like to just take up space in the park and not pay to enter the show. We were told at the meetings that parking space was now at a premium and that the only people allowed in the park are those who PIAD, hence the payment at the entry system. That was not an option, that was what we were told to do, and frankly it actually worked out well. Other complaints came from people who arrived during the "run" event. Fish Day is MUCH more than a car show, there's a lot going on. While the runners are going by (they had nearly 600 entrants in the run this year!) we were not allowed to let anyone go by. Again, that comes with the territory, and people got mad about it. Nothing we can do. That's the only way into the park. They aren't going to re-route the runners for the car show...

I look forward to being a critic next year.

Greg@GLD
07-19-2009, 11:36 AM
I hope to see that "Dreamsicle" (I a little birdy told me thats the nickname) sometime soon!:headbang You should bring her out to benders one of these days! Thanks again for your hard work on the show It was a GREAT time!!!!

Oh I plan to! Gonna meet up with Dave (Animal) one of these times, if I can get off work early enough.

Thank you for your kind words, they really do mean a lot.

:thumbsup

animal
07-19-2009, 12:18 PM
I think you did a great job with the show Greg. The layed out parking spots were AWESOME. We didn't have to worry about people walking between cars too close. Surprisingly, or perhaps "refreshingly", the people of Port really seemed to respect the cars as well. I didn't see one instance of showgoing people leaning on cars or kids trying to climb in/on them, etc. I had a great time there and was really surprised at the turnout. It was just enhanced by the cool weather to make it a pleasant day in the park.

I had an oh-$hit moment when the tornado sirens went off. I didn't know they marked the beginning of the parade and thought there was surprise bad weather coming.

FTR the fireworks were awesome last night too. So many kinds i've never seen before.

portponies
07-19-2009, 12:49 PM
I still look forward to Fish Day every year, and will continue to go as long as it's around. I've met a lot of people over the years that look forward to it also, and drive quite a ways to attend.

Like Greg said, next year will be more relaxing as a spectator than one of the people who have to deal with the whiners.

I had to ask a guy to move his tent over a little because he was in an "emergency" lane. The old guy got in my face and told me to get everyone (show workers) together on the same page. I really wanted to give him his entry fee back and tell him to go back to fucking bed. I don't need that shit either. Too many other things in my life to worry about.

Greg@GLD
07-19-2009, 12:58 PM
I think you did a great job with the show Greg. The layed out parking spots were AWESOME. We didn't have to worry about people walking between cars too close. Surprisingly, or perhaps "refreshingly", the people of Port really seemed to respect the cars as well. I didn't see one instance of showgoing people leaning on cars or kids trying to climb in/on them, etc. I had a great time there and was really surprised at the turnout. It was just enhanced by the cool weather to make it a pleasant day in the park.

I had an oh-$hit moment when the tornado sirens went off. I didn't know they marked the beginning of the parade and thought there was surprise bad weather coming.

FTR the fireworks were awesome last night too. So many kinds i've never seen before.

I had the same moment sir. I was at the gate and turned to Brenda and said "Oh SHIT! The tornado sires are going off!" :wow
As for the fireworks, like I've said, they are better than the 4th of July!

I still look forward to Fish Day every year, and will continue to go as long as it's around. I've met a lot of people over the years that look forward to it also, and drive quite a ways to attend.

Like Greg said, next year will be more relaxing as a spectator than one of the people who have to deal with the whiners.

I had to ask a guy to move his tent over a little because he was in an "emergency" lane. The old guy got in my face and told me to get everyone (show workers) together on the same page. I really wanted to give him his entry fee back and tell him to go back to fucking bed. I don't need that shit either. Too many other things in my life to worry about.

Hey buddy, just think... next year, we can sit back in the shade and enjoy the show like we used to. :thumbsup
Thanks for all your help and friendship!

STANMAN
07-19-2009, 03:03 PM
Sounds like I missed a good show, the future wife left teh car seat in her Pacifica, so I had no way to cart the little one around. I would have been just spectating, and sounds like I missed a good show. To the "Trophy hunters", you quickly grow a thick skin if you are going to be in the car show game to bring home hardware, as there's home cooking at most shows, and there's little anyone can do about it. Hell, BCM has been known to home cook plenty of shows with our large turnouts of members, and I am sure there are people in those shows who have had sour grapes about it. Looks like some nice looking cars won, everyone (well, most) people had a good time, didn't have to worry about sunburn yesterday, and there was a festival going on. Sounds like a great car show to me:thumbsup

Car Guy
07-19-2009, 03:16 PM
Tell the people who b!tch about any part of the show that it would be great if they could stay at home next year.....:thumbsup

Burgandy85SS
07-19-2009, 05:09 PM
I thought the show was good and didnt see any problems with anything.
I guess you cant make everyone happy and there are always gonna be those people that whine about something.

PB86MCSS
07-19-2009, 05:30 PM
Anyone who whines about a car show like this needs to get slapped, IMO. It's for fun and to relax, what car shows are meant to be. Awards whores = weiners. :)

I didn't make it up there so I guess I didn't see firsthand but it looks like alot of nice cars made it and the feedback here is pretty positive. Can't make everyone happy is right.

GRAMPS SS
07-19-2009, 06:02 PM
great job Greg..thought it went very smooth....as stated you had plenty of parking with the way you laid it out...was good to see some fellow BCM members...looked for Animal a few times..but wasn't buy his truck..then he left early...

Greg thanks for the hook up...the fish was great...beer was cold....

the car selection was top notch...seen a few old friends and made some new ones that i ran into at another show today,.....i think this show should be a BCM gathering we go to as well as the Sheboygan show, i think as an over all group the people would love to see the cars we have on this site....deff something to plan for next year...again Greg...thanks to you and your crew for putting on an awesome show...

Greg@GLD
07-19-2009, 06:28 PM
great job Greg..thought it went very smooth....as stated you had plenty of parking with the way you laid it out...was good to see some fellow BCM members...looked for Animal a few times..but wasn't buy his truck..then he left early...

Greg thanks for the hook up...the fish was great...beer was cold....

the car selection was top notch...seen a few old friends and made some new ones that i ran into at another show today,.....i think this show should be a BCM gathering we go to as well as the Sheboygan show, i think as an over all group the people would love to see the cars we have on this site....deff something to plan for next year...again Greg...thanks to you and your crew for putting on an awesome show...

WOW...! :thumbsup
Wayne, coming from you this really means a LOT.
We had some glitches with the Mustang class and the DJ (NONE of our cars were entered and only my wife's car was on display with no dash card) and I'll accept responsibility for that. We REALLY missed Kirk Taylor this year, he couldn't make it and in the past he has been a huge help with car show planning and vote tallying, not only this one but others as well.
Also, Missie says to tell you that Sean is a very fine young man. :)
We're glad you and Sean came and had a good time at the show.

I took a small number of pix because Scott showed up and took like 400, which we look forward to putting on the city's Fish Day website (I'll still help them with that aspect of Fish Day)

Here's some shots that might give an idea of how it was laid out and perhaps even a few people that had fun at our poorly run show...

http://imagelocker.net/fishday2009/DSC09004.JPG

http://imagelocker.net/fishday2009/DSC09005.JPG

http://imagelocker.net/fishday2009/DSC09006.JPG

http://imagelocker.net/fishday2009/DSC09007.JPG

http://imagelocker.net/fishday2009/DSC09008.JPG

http://imagelocker.net/fishday2009/DSC09009.JPG

http://imagelocker.net/fishday2009/DSC09010.JPG

http://imagelocker.net/fishday2009/DSC09011.JPG

http://imagelocker.net/fishday2009/DSC09012.JPG

http://imagelocker.net/fishday2009/DSC09013.JPG

http://imagelocker.net/fishday2009/DSC09014.JPG

http://imagelocker.net/fishday2009/DSC09015.JPG

http://imagelocker.net/fishday2009/DSC09016.JPG

http://imagelocker.net/fishday2009/DSC09017.JPG

http://imagelocker.net/fishday2009/DSC09018.JPG

http://imagelocker.net/fishday2009/DSC09019.JPG

http://imagelocker.net/fishday2009/DSC09020.JPG

http://imagelocker.net/fishday2009/DSC09021.JPG

http://imagelocker.net/fishday2009/DSC09022.JPG

http://imagelocker.net/fishday2009/DSC09023.JPG

http://imagelocker.net/fishday2009/DSC09024.JPG

http://imagelocker.net/fishday2009/DSC09025.JPG

http://imagelocker.net/fishday2009/DSC09026.JPG

http://imagelocker.net/fishday2009/DSC09027.JPG

http://imagelocker.net/fishday2009/DSC09028.JPG

Goat Roper
07-19-2009, 06:28 PM
If people are actually complaining about the show then there would be no pleasing them. Having seen the innards of many a car show I can tell you that Greg and the others did a hell of a job. It is not easy to put a show togehter, even more so when you are having to do so with the constraints of another event.

Pics look good to Greg, I just downloaded them. Lots of good family/kid shots.

Greg@GLD
07-19-2009, 06:36 PM
If people are actually complaining about the show then there would be no pleasing them. Having seen the innards of many a car show I can tell you that Greg and the others did a hell of a job. It is not easy to put a show togehter, even more so when you are having to do so with the constraints of another event.

Pics look good to Greg, I just downloaded them. Lots of good family/kid shots.

Thanks again for making the trip Scott and for spending so much of your day taking pix. I assure you that you will get some good exposure (Pun intended!) your company deserves. Your kids looked like they really liked Fish Day! :headbang

xxtremeteam
07-19-2009, 06:55 PM
Thanks for the Nice pics of our familys cars guys I do enjoy them and they look good

Greg@GLD
07-19-2009, 07:17 PM
Thanks for the Nice pics of our familys cars guys I do enjoy them and they look good

You're welcome. I took those Eric. ;)

lordairgtar
07-19-2009, 08:46 PM
Problems with Fish Days? Not in my experience with it. I've been an attendee as both artist and show car entrant for many years. Ever since Wayne's boy had a car seat strapped to the roll cage of the Monte Carlo and before. I've never had a problem with the show and I never ever won a trophy. This is just a very nice show. It's a huge show and logistically it's a pain to run. As far as porta-johns, they can be put anywhere. Some of the really huge shows make use of quad runners with coolers of soda and beer to run through the show...that works. Just a thought. If you don't want to deal with they runners, get there earlier. You know that occurs every year. We deal with it by actually crawling out of the sack early, regardless of the previous night's Bacchanalia. Gregg, you did a swell job. Let the complainers try and run a show. It's not easy. Have some experience with our own car club's event up in Fond Du Lac on Labor Day.

Greg@GLD
07-19-2009, 09:21 PM
Problems with Fish Days? Not in my experience with it. I've been an attendee as both artist and show car entrant for many years. Ever since Wayne's boy had a car seat strapped to the roll cage of the Monte Carlo and before. I've never had a problem with the show and I never ever won a trophy. This is just a very nice show. It's a huge show and logistically it's a pain to run. As far as porta-johns, they can be put anywhere. Some of the really huge shows make use of quad runners with coolers of soda and beer to run through the show...that works. Just a thought. If you don't want to deal with they runners, get there earlier. You know that occurs every year. We deal with it by actually crawling out of the sack early, regardless of the previous night's Bacchanalia. Gregg, you did a swell job. Let the complainers try and run a show. It's not easy. Have some experience with our own car club's event up in Fond Du Lac on Labor Day.

Again, these comments matter VERY much to the people that helped with this show. I had a great crew and they deserve thanks and kindness for the help.

I continue to be badgered and contacted about the Mustang class. Someone claims they were cheated, and then they say they don't care about not winning a trophy, then they want to know where they placed if they didn't win. (!)
When the winners were handed to DJ Rob, the Mustang class, class I, had only the 1st and 2nd place cards and the third place winner card was in the pile by the judges table as Rob was reading off the class before "I". Then he said "There were only 2 entries in class I" and of course people said "HUH?" which is understandable.
Brent brought me the third place ballot and we gave the award to the person who won it, a white GT ragtop.

After more "inquires" by the family that thinks they were "ripped off and cheated by Greg", (even though I did NOT JUDGE ANY CARS PERIOD!!!)
I am posting that the #1 car had 33 points out of 40, the #2 car had 32 and the #3 scored 31. The two cars that I was accused of "ripping off" scored 8 and 6 respectively. The one who scored 6 left his hood closed all day and the judges noted this on his ballot.

"I know you people are reading this" ;)

I also know that Fritz, Brent, Andrew, Dan, Dean, Dave and Alan and Mark can vouch for me in that I was up at the front gate from 6:30 AM to 12:15 and that I did not mark any ballots, nor was I part of the tally crew. I did help organize the already voted on cars as it got to be after the 3:00PM time for awards, and we were short Krik Taylor who normally helps with that. I am deeply offended and I am going to say so- that people who I thought were my friends would get angry at me over a fucking car show trophy for pete's sake... :rolleyes: It hurts even more when it's someone you thought was your friend, someone you've done nothing to other than be kind to them and try to help them out. But that's been a familiar outcome for me over time, I never seem to learn that I should just not help people and not try to be friendly towards them, because shit like this ends up happening.

Ok, I'm done now...

moels
07-19-2009, 10:35 PM
Cool pics, wish I could have been there but I had to work.

I wish people weren't such morons! You know what the hell you're doing Greg, don't pay attention to those asshole complainers.

pOrk
07-19-2009, 10:42 PM
Wish I could have made this one!

Yooformula
07-19-2009, 10:52 PM
wow nice pics and a great turnout it looks like even with the crummy cold weather. There was so much going on this weekend too and I bet the R/A event put a little dent in the local scene as well. Nice job though guys, car shows are ALOT of work and somebody is never happy no matter what you do. Dont let the naysayers get you down. I wonder how many people would bitch when nobody wants to run the show anymore.

I do have to say that the trophy comments and shit get so old so fast! Who cares! Car shows are to hang out and show off your ride. Who cares if they even offer trophies or not and whining about the "home cooking" is just evident of the chase of a trophy. If 15-20 of us crash a show and nobody wins a trophy, nobody gives a shit. We all had a good time and got to show our cars to people that dont normally see them. Plus we got to hang out with family and friends and bs all day.

Goat Roper
07-19-2009, 11:05 PM
Added my pics to the photo forum

moels
Just a thought, but I wonder how an "trophyless" show would go. Advertise it as a show to come to on Fish Day and show off your car and enjoy the day with other car enthusiasts. Give away the dash plaques and goody bags, but make it clear that there are no awards. I would bet that you'd still have a great turnout of cars and there wouldn't be anything to bitch about. I always got more excitement out of people commenting on the car and making conversation than any trophy I ever got.

Car Guy
If you go to a local car show solely to increase your trophy count YOU NEED TO GET A FU(KING LIFE...!!! :thumbsup

Just a thought, but I wonder how an "trophyless" show would go. Advertise it as a show to come to on Fish Day and show off your car and enjoy the day with other car enthusiasts. Give away the dash plaques and goody bags, but make it clear that there are no awards. I would bet that you'd still have a great turnout of cars and there wouldn't be anything to bitch about.

I was just going to make this suggestion too, and if anybody complains tell them all of the proceeds are going to charity......:)

Goat Roper
07-19-2009, 11:08 PM
If you go to a local car show solely to add to your trophy count YOU NEED TO GET A FU(KING LIFE...!!! :thumbsup

Yeah, some folks think that they can recoup the cost of working on their car via trophies

Car Guy
07-19-2009, 11:15 PM
Yeah, some folks think that they can recoup the cost of working on their car via trophies

Sure if they're made out of real gold, but now that I think about it some people I see at car shows might think that's the case......:rolf

Greg@GLD
07-20-2009, 06:16 AM
I understand that people have an intense love affair with their cars, and car show trophies can be a sense of pride. People do enjoy the awards, and they have a place at car shows. To many, the trophies are kind of a validation of the hard work they did and they like the recognition that comes with it. Not a thing wrong with that. It's when the quest for the glory consumes your thinking and becomes the primary focus, that's when the fun goes out of it.
It's like life itself; it's all about "balance"

For the sake of history... We've been helping Fish Day for the past couple years, but not as the primary operatives of the show. Three years ago, there were complaints about what cars won, so the decision was made to go to the "participant vote" system. That generated even more complaints. So we went back to judging last year. While there were some unhappy campers last year as well, I don't recall it being as intense as this year.

What's a drag for Fish Day in general, is that now whoever steps up to run it has to start from scratch again. I can think of just a few things we could do different to make it complete, but we aren't going to run it next year. We're going to become part of the critic crowd. What's even funnier is, and I have no problem saying this- I and my wife have some pretty nice Mustangs in our stable. Cars that were excluded the past three years. Next year, if there is a show, we're entering all of them. I suspect my friend Fritz, who also has some rather desirable 'Stangs, (Like a rare Saleen and a near perfect '79 Pace Car) feels the same way. Brent didn't have a car in the show either, and three of our judges also left their VERY nice Mustangs at home. That's a lot of cars. So for you trophy hunters out there- your chances just got that much smaller. :devil

animal
07-20-2009, 01:02 PM
for Animal a few times..but wasn't buy his truck..then he left early...

Yeah I had to leave early because I had company coming at 1:30. I did say "sup" to you twice though and you appeared to have acknowledge me. Did you not recognize me? Sorry we didn't get a chance to sit and bs again tho.

GRAMPS SS
07-20-2009, 08:46 PM
Yeah I had to leave early because I had company coming at 1:30. I did say "sup" to you twice though and you appeared to have acknowledge me. Did you not recognize me? Sorry we didn't get a chance to sit and bs again tho.

yeah...i did...went back to your truck to see if you wanted a beer...forgot you were going to leave early....i'll catch ya next show were at...

animal
07-20-2009, 11:36 PM
yeah...i did...went back to your truck to see if you wanted a beer...forgot you were going to leave early....i'll catch ya next show were at...

No problem but i'll have to save the adult sodas. Beer, me, and that truck don't mix very well as I've learned. I turn into evil animal and start zapping things. :devil