PDA

View Full Version : I'm still shaking.

lordairgtar
07-12-2009, 05:54 PM
Coming home from Dom's car show, we were tired and glad to get back to Muskego. Almost home and right on Racine Avenue by the Gateway Complex Bar, two motorcycle riders pull over to the side on the gravel, and without any warning proceed to make a U-turn right in front of me. I yanked the wheel left into the oncoming lane and avoided the collision. I pulled off the road to collect myself and check the shorts. I watch as they calmly ride off into the sunset. Any biker carping about car drivers not paying attention to their presence will get an earful from me. Found out how well an HHR really handles in these situations...very well indeed.

nismodave
07-12-2009, 05:59 PM
Glad u two are ok.

Holeshot
07-12-2009, 06:00 PM
Glad your defensive driving skills prevented an accident. Kudos !!

HY35F2T
07-12-2009, 06:09 PM
Coming home from Dom's car show, we were tired and glad to get back to Muskego. Almost home and right on Racine Avenue by the Gateway Complex Bar, two motorcycle riders pull over to the side on the gravel, and without any warning proceed to make a U-turn right in front of me. I yanked the wheel left into the oncoming lane and avoided the collision. I pulled off the road to collect myself and check the shorts. I watch as they calmly ride off into the sunset. Any biker carping about car drivers not paying attention to their presence will get an earful from me. Found out how well an HHR really handles in these situations...very well indeed.

Seriously wtf i swear today reatards are out ridding almost the same shit to me.But i was only going 20 and he was like a foot in front of me.Then they bitch when they get hit as if they did nothing wrong.:flipoff2:

95 TA - The Beast
07-12-2009, 08:16 PM
I have had more issues with Harley riders and guys on cruisers this year than all the previous years worth of dumbasses on sport-bikes...

Seriously, makes it hard to feel sorry about any of them that get in accidents... And all the BS about 'loud pipes save lives' is pure and utter nonsense on every level...

Also, I thought if you ride a motorcycle you were required to wear a helmet???

If not then it goes to show they are FAR from worried about getting killed on a Harley and thus the loud-pipes addage don't mean shite and they should require them fucktards to have normal mufflers like everyone else...

lilws6
07-12-2009, 08:25 PM
in wisconsin you do not need a helmet i always wear mine. i know alot of people been down so far this year no cars involved. but this is just plain and simple retartedness. and good reaction on your part for no one being hurt

michelle
07-12-2009, 08:37 PM
Today while on our way to a couple's baby shower, we were in East Troy going down Highway 20. Following a red CRX that much have just had his fart can installed because any chance he had to be on it, he took advantage of it. He was also the smart one that put red tape over his taillights, so when he decided to suddenly brake and turn into a driveway, nobody behind him would know better.

Adam was glad we didn't have the track pads on the '90 otherwise the car behind us would have been in our backseat since we would have stopped even harder and faster then we did.

pOrk
07-12-2009, 08:38 PM
If you would have hit them it would have been your fault too ( in todays media ). Congrats on avoiding it, bad drivers come in cars and trucks and on bikes just the same. You may have saved a few idiots lives, props.

Irish
07-12-2009, 09:27 PM
You may have saved a few idiots lives, props.

Werd! :headbang

lordairgtar
07-12-2009, 11:01 PM
I never mentioned the brand of cycle, but yes, they were a Milwaukee made machine. Do you think if I installed a fart can on the trucklet, they would have known of my presence? Uh...I'm not doing that, but they say loud pipes save lives....heeheehee!

94greenbandit
07-13-2009, 12:04 AM
I left the house tonight to go to DQ for some blizzards, I was going through town in Mukwonago and this dumbass in a minivan decides to come up to within inches of my bumper. He proceeds to back off and continue this several times. The road then opens up to another lane and he proceeds to pass me on the left, as he does this I am basically screaming obscenities at him but his window was up. Did I mention that these were like High School kids. Instead of taking my turn I decided to follow them and they ended up at Walmart and I proceeded to give him an earful. His friends had quickly evacuated the area and left his ass by himself. I then went to the cop station and the cop I spoke to said he was going over there to talk to him. He ask me if i wanted to press charges and I told him that I probably scared him pretty good this time, so I will give him a pass this time

VroomPshhTsi
07-13-2009, 11:48 AM
Loud pipes save lives is BS. Although the people riding sport bikes are usually young and inexperienced, they are the ones I usually see that are geared up. Most Harley riders must have the attitude of "I've been riding 20+ years, I know how to ride, I don't need a helmet/jacket/etc." I swear 90% of Harley riders I see are in jeans, t-shirt, and nothing else. I even saw a Harley rider a couple weeks ago, jeans and t-shirt with his wife riding back in same attire, both smoking a cigarette too. No words for something like that... I guess some people don't cherish their lives/skin.

subliminal1284
07-13-2009, 12:09 PM
Ive had a moron on a harley wearing nothing but shorts and shoes cut me off and give me the finger when I honked at him. Its morons like those that I have no sympathy for when they are involved in an accident.

Memphis
07-13-2009, 01:43 PM
First off, glad you were able to avoid the idiots on the road and all is ok. I have no sympathy for idiots on a bike..or in a vehicle for that matter...who drive like an ass, then cry foul when some shit happens to them or flips you off like it was your fault.

That being said, I am also tired of hearing stories like this and suddenly EVERY person who owns or rides a (insert brand of bike in story) is a douche bag inconsiderate know it all road hog. Get off it people, its always a SMALL percentage of idiots who make the larger percent look like shit. This goes for bikes..harleys or street bikes, imports, muscle cars, trucks...etc etc etc right on down the line. You all own something that someone has probably said "all the people who own a (fill in blank) is a (name of choice)

And loud pipes? Its just a saying someone made up for something or other, its NOT an excuse. My bike may be louder than stock (not obnoxious loud) but A. I dont rev the piss out of it and B. Its still quieter than many of the non-stock cars on this board.:thumbsup

HY35F2T
07-13-2009, 01:47 PM
waiting for someone to get offended lol.

what i ment to say in my post was

"ALL HARLEY RIDERS ARE DUMBASSES":alcoholic

pOrk
07-13-2009, 01:51 PM
There was a group ride last week down to Lake Geneva and only one guy wasnt geared up, he looked like a tool in shorts and a tshirt when almost EVERYONE else had jacket, helmet, gloves, and some with boots. Heres a good shot:

http://i475.photobucket.com/albums/rr113/all-out-motorsports/Lake%20Geneva%20Run%207-11-09/LakeGenevaRun7-11-09013.jpg

There are tools on every kind of bike :) Either way, people who make one dumb move don't ( usually ) deserve to be plowed over by a car.

Memphis
07-13-2009, 03:11 PM
waiting for someone to get offended lol.

what i ment to say in my post was

"ALL HARLEY RIDERS ARE DUMBASSES":alcoholic

Not offended, cause I drive a loud car, ride a loud bike yet dont fit into the categories mentioned. It isnt about the comments, its more about peoples mentality.

There are tools on every kind of bike :) Either way, people who make one dumb move don't ( usually ) deserve to be plowed over by a car.

I agree, we all make a mistake now and again. Doesnt mean you need to be killed for it. Its the jackasses who ride like that every damn time they go out....

CATNHAT
07-13-2009, 09:47 PM
How did the shorts end up now that we know everyone else was OK? Ha!

Seriously, glad no one was hurt due to your acute awareness of the road.

Reverend Cooper
07-13-2009, 10:33 PM
there are two kinds of murdercycle riders,ones that have crashed and ones that are gonna crash.

lordairgtar
07-13-2009, 10:46 PM
I won't say I possess ninja driving skills, I mean I wasn't that great when I used to autocross. And I certainly do not think all riders are idiots depending on the bike they own. I know many HD riders and a few sport bike types and none of them are tools on the road. I've ridden bikes when younger and mostly off road. When I let a friend use my car to drive down to another town, he left me his Suzuki to use. I was never so scared in my life dealing with car drivers that just don't notice you. I would rather take my chances with ruts, logs and rocks. Even if I ever hit a bike rider and it was clearly his fault, I would be devastated that I injured or killed another person who had no reason to die or be crippled other than making a bad judgment. My life would be changed as much psychologically. This has endeavored me to improve my own driving awareness.