PDA

View Full Version : UFC updates..

Yooformula
07-11-2009, 09:48 PM
I just got home and turned on the fight with the Bisping fight starting. How were the other fights so far? I was really looking forward to Coleman's return to the UFC.

Yooformula
07-11-2009, 10:02 PM
OMG THE BEST KNOCKOUT EVER!!!!! HOLY PHUCKING SHIT DID BISPING GET KTFO!! Simply awesome! Gotta say that last punch was uncalled for but well deserved!

Josepy
07-11-2009, 10:08 PM
OMG THE BEST KNOCKOUT EVER!!!!! HOLY PHUCKING SHIT DID BISPING GET KTFO!! Simply awesome! Gotta say that last punch was uncalled for but well deserved!

NO the last pucnhed was called for. FUcking awesome.

moels
07-11-2009, 10:09 PM
NO the last punch was called for. Fucking awesome.

x10000000

Yooformula
07-11-2009, 10:27 PM
Hoping for a GSP KO of Thiago. That kid is getting hurt and abused on the ground. so much for the big talkers this time. Funny to see the official wipe against GSP's back looking for grease.lol

Yooformula
07-11-2009, 10:30 PM
really 2 officials to verify no vaseline??

moels
07-11-2009, 10:33 PM
really 2 officials to verify no vaseline??

St. Pierre's camp might have set that up so there was no doubters after the fight. Just a thought.

Yooformula
07-11-2009, 10:40 PM
good point! they should be checking ALL fighters though. maybe they should check thiago considering how greasy he looks vs gsp...hmm

moels
07-11-2009, 10:44 PM
I think they might be more worried that Thiago's face looks like hamburger. lol

Yooformula
07-11-2009, 10:47 PM
that kid put up a helluva fight though! He didnt look gassed at all and still had some good strikes till the end. that pulled groin must have hurt like hell for GSP too.

moels
07-11-2009, 10:52 PM
that kid put up a helluva fight though! He didnt look gassed at all and still had some good strikes till the end. that pulled groin must have hurt like hell for GSP too.

Totally agree on both points, Thiago is as tough as they come and I give him all the credit in the world.

Yooformula
07-11-2009, 10:57 PM
Thiago will end up the next belt holder guaranteed! Nevermind how fast he went through Matt Hughes but he has some great conditioning and strentgh and IF he gets his ground game and defense up to snuff he will be unstoppable.

moels
07-11-2009, 11:04 PM
Main Event coming up, I think Mir might be too confident but we'll see.

Yooformula
07-11-2009, 11:12 PM
damm Brock is strong..and isnt choking of the neck illegal?

moels
07-11-2009, 11:16 PM
damm Brock is strong..and isnt choking of the neck illegal?

All chokes are essentially of the neck, not real sure what you meant by that.

moels
07-11-2009, 11:24 PM
Wow! His hands are like cars hitting you in the face.

Yooformula
07-11-2009, 11:28 PM
All chokes are essentially of the neck, not real sure what you meant by that.

I meant his thumb being stuck into his neck. A choke hold is one thing but a hand wrapped around the neck with his thumb stuck in is what I am referring to.

Damm is Lesnar nasty strong! Mir is an entire level of ugly after that.

Z28Envy
07-11-2009, 11:29 PM
awesome fights tonight. Don't think Lesnar made many friends tonight but damn is he fun to watch.

Z28Envy
07-11-2009, 11:31 PM
The Bisping knockout was fucking awesome. I liked the second hit too.

moels
07-11-2009, 11:32 PM
I meant his thumb being stuck into his neck. A choke hold is one thing but a hand wrapped around the neck with his thumb stuck in is what I am referring to.

Damm is Lesnar nasty strong! Mir is an entire level of ugly after that.

Not sure of the exact UFC rule on it, but you always see guys covering the mouth and nose and having a forearm on the neck.

Josepy
07-11-2009, 11:34 PM
Awesome awesome

Yooformula
07-11-2009, 11:35 PM
I know that but I just never noticed someone flat out hand choking someone. either way Mir was burnt a day ago judging by how hard Lesnar was hitting him. I think his wife felt those hits too..

Yooformula
07-11-2009, 11:38 PM
No desire to watch the Penn fight next month pretty sad. Just not in the mood to listen to his bs again then his comments about being a warrior and never tapping out and blah blah blah. His best fight was the ass whopping he received by GSP. Silva/Griffin fight will almost be a waste too.

moels
07-11-2009, 11:44 PM
I am hoping they show the Coleman fight, but I doubt they will.

Drivinhard
07-11-2009, 11:47 PM
I wish I could hear after the lesnar fight bww erupted, all i heard was, crak open a coors and get on top of my wife. classic. I hate mir. I guess it was so smart talking shit, pissing off lesnar.

Yooformula
07-11-2009, 11:47 PM
dam I was hoping they showed that fight too. Have you seen The Smashing Machine at all? Great MMA documentary and old school Coleman is in there even though the doc is about Mark Kerr.

moels
07-12-2009, 12:09 AM
dam I was hoping they showed that fight too. Have you seen The Smashing Machine at all? Great MMA documentary and old school Coleman is in there even though the doc is about Mark Kerr.

Not sure if I saw that, I did see a show about Kerr surrounding the struggles that MMA fighters go through if that is the one you are talking about.

Coleman neat Bonnar by decision BTW.

Yooformula
07-12-2009, 12:12 AM
Might be the same show, its called The Smashing Machine and it was very open about his pain killer addiction and how hard it is on fighters.

I love DVR btw! Watching the Bisping BEATDOWN again!

moels
07-12-2009, 12:16 AM
Yep, that has to be the show I saw. I DVR'd it as well so I can watch it again.

Karps TA
07-12-2009, 12:23 AM
I loved seeing Lesner pound Mir.

However, and I'm probably in the minority on this, I can't stand watching GSP fight. He bores the living hell out of me. He just get's guys on the ground and lays on them for the whole round. Doesn't throw any punches, doesn't seem to be trying hard for a submission. Between his faggy french canadian accent, and his overly tight shorts he annoys the crap out of me as a fighter. I respect his ability, but his fights are snooze fests.

Yooformula
07-12-2009, 12:35 AM
Thiago's face would argue that point about not punching..lol the smothering and gnp wears them down then he can strike. Hell Penn's face was smashed as was Fitch's face and both were dominated standing up too.

94greenbandit
07-12-2009, 12:42 AM
I wish I could hear after the lesnar fight bww erupted, all i heard was, crak open a coors and get on top of my wife. classic. I hate mir. I guess it was so smart talking shit, pissing off lesnar.

He pretty much said he was gonna crack open a Coors because Bud Light doesn't pay him shit. :rolf Lesnar was cracking me up at the end.

I am glad Bisping got KTFO because I can't stand his mouth anymore :chair:

Drivinhard
07-12-2009, 12:47 AM
I second gsp getting kind of faggy. I like his fight and think he is good but I could do without the gay accent and the nut hugging ring attire.
I however would like to see a gsp / anderson silva fight.

94greenbandit
07-12-2009, 08:02 AM
Well after watching the post fight interviews it seems that Dana cracked the whip on Lesnar for his antics after his fight. Lesnar apologized for what he did and he actually seemed remorseful.

Lash
07-12-2009, 10:55 AM
Lesnar is a fucking jag. He's right up there with tito.....but not as skilled. All he has is pure strength and bulk. Bring on Carwin.

supra213
07-12-2009, 01:58 PM
All he has is size and bulk?
He is a NCAA Wrestling Champion. Coupled with his size and strength... What other "skills" does he possibly need? He only had 3 fights in MMA before beating Randy Couture for the UFC heavyweight championship. Lesnar completely neutralized Frank Mir and his black belt in Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu and made him eat his fists.

He may not a fan favorite, but given his previous profession, it doesn't surprise me that he plays the "heel" for the crowd a little bit when he gets on the mic. Just like Frank Mir's pre fight comments, it sells tickets and increases the buy rate for the next ppv. It's all for show. If you believed it, it worked.

I want to know what prefight fighter was the blood donor. Holy crap there was a lot of blood in the ring at the begining of the ppv broadcast.

Karps TA
07-12-2009, 02:17 PM
With stupid ^

Lesner know's he's not going to be a fan favorite cause of his background, so why not play the heel. The worst thing you can do, is get no fan reaction. People will pay to see him get his asskicked if they hate him, and pay to see him kick ass if they love him. It's smart business.

As for the ring, we were wondering the same thing. Looked like they slaughter a pig before the PPV.

Z28Envy
07-12-2009, 02:26 PM
http://sports.yahoo.com/mma/news?slug=dw-lesnar071209&prov=yhoo&type=lgns

White did chew his ass afterwards. When Lesnar tried out for the Vikings he would have made the team if he didn't have such a bad temper they said. Fedor has one more fight next month under his current contract and Dana wants him bad and said they will get that deal done and they will have a Fedor/Lesnar fight. That would be the biggest MMA fight ever!

supra213
07-12-2009, 03:25 PM
Crosses fingers and hope Fedor comes to UFC

VroomPshhTsi
07-12-2009, 05:07 PM
Crosses fingers and hope Fedor comes to UFC

x2, if anyone can take a beating and still win it's Fedor

Yooformula
07-12-2009, 07:24 PM
just in case someone else needed to watch it again:rolf

http://img13.imageshack.us/img13/2340/1247367977823.gif

Lash
07-12-2009, 09:29 PM
All he has is size and bulk?
He is a NCAA Wrestling Champion. Coupled with his size and strength... What other "skills" does he possibly need? He only had 3 fights in MMA before beating Randy Couture for the UFC heavyweight championship. Lesnar completely neutralized Frank Mir and his black belt in Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu and made him eat his fists.

He may not a fan favorite, but given his previous profession, it doesn't surprise me that he plays the "heel" for the crowd a little bit when he gets on the mic. Just like Frank Mir's pre fight comments, it sells tickets and increases the buy rate for the next ppv. It's all for show. If you believed it, it worked.

I want to know what prefight fighter was the blood donor. Holy crap there was a lot of blood in the ring at the begining of the ppv broadcast.

The way I see it is the ONLY advantage he has against his opponents is his size. From what I've seen he's not even that great of a wrestler. Take away his ability to use his weight to lay on an opponent and we will see a different outcome. Being big and strong doesn't make you a mixed martial artist. He is the one exception to the rule of skill>size. Eventually that will catch up to him when matched equally....or close to.

Again....bring on Carwin. :)

Car Guy
07-12-2009, 10:03 PM
Carwin would definitely give Lesnar a run for his money, would be a great fight......:headbang

supra213
07-13-2009, 05:38 AM
Fair enough and well put :)

pnad
07-13-2009, 11:38 AM
I am hoping they show the Coleman fight, but I doubt they will.

good quality Coleman vs Bonnar video:

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=MVOB9Q4B