PDA

View Full Version : Need help installing CD Deck!

SlowStee
07-10-2009, 03:26 PM
Bought all the shit today to install it. I got the Aftermarket Kit installed, and the old CD player pulled out, ect, But I really have NO idea what I'm doing as far as installing the new one with all the wires goes.

Anyone available to help a brotha out?! if so how soon?! :thumbsup

Its for my 2000 Maxima.

Yooformula
07-10-2009, 03:31 PM
did you get a wiring harness? they are super easy when using the harness and totally worth the money! i have torn that thing apart several times in my old Maxima, I will be around after 6pm if you still need help.

SlowStee
07-10-2009, 03:37 PM
did you get a wiring harness? they are super easy when using the harness and totally worth the money! i have torn that thing apart several times in my old Maxima, I will be around after 6pm if you still need help.

Yeah, got all that shit. Still don't know what plugs where! I have to work 5:45pm to 3am-ish tonight though. :chair:

Waver
07-10-2009, 03:42 PM
just match the colors from your aftermarket harness to the harness on the deck, and just plug it in, really easy man

Rocket Power
07-10-2009, 04:21 PM
and the wires on the adapter harness are sometimes marked where they go, but colors should match up.

DirtyMax
07-10-2009, 04:46 PM
To elaborate on what Yoo said, they make wiring kits that adapt your factory harness to the aftermarket deck harness. No cutting, splicing, etc. It really is plug and play. The harness is custom according to the vehicle and the deck.

It's another $20 or so but worth its weight in gold. They ask your vehicle and the deck and voila'... its magic.

It's slick shit... really.

Wail til tomorrow and go get one at Best Buy. You'll thank yourself. If you ever have to put it back to stock, takes 2 seconds.

SlowStee
07-12-2009, 02:55 AM
got it done.

Now my Clutch is magically completely fucked. :flipoff2:

URLOZIN
07-12-2009, 02:59 AM
got it done.

Now my Clutch is magically completely fucked. :flipoff2:
I know what you mean, a day after I installed my cd player in my daily driver, my speed sensor in my tranny went out.

SlowStee
07-12-2009, 03:05 AM
I know what you mean, a day after I installed my cd player in my daily driver, my speed sensor in my tranny went out.

After I pulled the stock CD player out and put the kit in, my clutch lost half the pressure :confused

Day later after its installed, I go to start it up and it has no pressure on the clutch and wont shift into gear :confused