PDA

View Full Version : Skipping Windshield Wipers WTF???

modmachz
07-10-2009, 01:01 PM
Alright I Did Everything Known To Man On How To Rectify This Annoying windshield wiper Skipping accross the glass.. several sets of wiper blades Including oem, New Wiper Arms From Cadillac, Several Different applications Of Rain X, Different windshield Cleaners, Even Carb Cleaner and Denatured Alcohol to get any wax or shit off. Cleaned all Blades with alcohol Prep Pad, and When it rains alittle you turn them on and They skip across the windshield ???? I am Out Of Ideas????:confused

03CVLX
07-10-2009, 01:07 PM
I used to have a similar problem. What speeds is this occuring at? Mine used to skip and chatter at Highway speeds. I switched to the new style blades with the spoilers attached that use the airflow to push the blades down onto the glass at speed. Rain-x makes a blade and also Anco and Bosch have similar designs. Now my wipers seem to work perfectly.

GRNDNL
07-10-2009, 01:41 PM
Did you try and clean the glass with 0000 steel wool?

modmachz
07-10-2009, 02:01 PM
Did you try and clean the glass with 0000 steel wool? Does Not Matter if I Am Driving or stopped EMER F ERS Still Skip.

Maybe The Steel Wool Could Work Never tried That Trick..

brotherbenn83
07-10-2009, 02:36 PM
Maybe your wiper motor or transmission is fuct up. Can you flip the arms up and then cycle the wipers to see if they skip even when not contacting the glass?

Car Guy
07-10-2009, 06:09 PM
If it's not the wiper motor/transmission itself than steel wool (0000 grit) the sh!t out of it 5 times over with lots of quality window cleaner, if that doesn’t work I don’t know what else it could be…..

pOrk
07-10-2009, 06:44 PM
Rain x is garbage, use regular wax if you want to coat the windshield.

wrath
07-10-2009, 11:18 PM
I use Rain-X a lot. For the limited amount of effort to apply it sure does make getting bug guts off and ice off easy.

On another note, do you have the proper tension on your wiper arms for the size blade?

modmachz
07-11-2009, 01:23 AM
The wiper transmission works perfect, No skipping at all when lifting wipers of window..
I may try the steel wool thing