PDA

View Full Version : Got my uverse finally hooked up!

Yooformula
07-09-2009, 07:45 PM
Nice to have 5x the HD channels as twc plus 2 DVR boxes for LESS money! Very nice that their modem is a wireless router as well saving me some equipment.

Thanks Scott for getting this setup for us!:thumbsup

Holeshot
07-09-2009, 08:01 PM
Its much improved since I had it a few years back.. Glad your happy with it Yoosof

Karps TA
07-09-2009, 08:18 PM
I'm looking forward to the day I can dump Direct TV for it. From what I've seen it seems pretty nice

Yooformula
07-09-2009, 08:27 PM
compared to my new/old twc box, this one has an hdmi output and 2 audio outputs plus their remote actually controls my tv, dvd player and home theater. and damm does 140 hd channels look good!

domokun
07-09-2009, 08:40 PM
;) your welcome! not to sound conceded, but without me, you would have never been able to get uverse.

I had to get BBP PCOM built into the network since your address has NEVER been part of the network / blue prints. ( and the blueprints in that area as old AS the neighborhood itself ) had to get 4 field engineers and construction workers on this.

once I had that wired, I had to provision the wiring, circuit, switch, terminal and address into 13 systems including e911, usps ( since all out addresses back off usps records )

so in other words, your job was a real bitch Yoo! Sorry it took so long.

but I hope you keep it and enjoy it!

cyclone70
07-09-2009, 08:40 PM
I like the DVR function of being able to watch recorded shows on any set in the house. Only thing I don't like is have to set up recordings on 1 main tv.

Goat Roper
07-09-2009, 08:45 PM
Holy shit Scott, awesome to help the Yoo out like that! Welcome to the club Yoo!

Yooformula
07-09-2009, 09:23 PM
I like the DVR function of being able to watch recorded shows on any set in the house. Only thing I don't like is have to set up recordings on 1 main tv.

maybe its their new boxes or whatnot but I can set up recordings on either tv and watch them on either as well. the only complaint i have so far is no clock on the display of the box. Thanks again Scott and thanks Scotty, I have been signed up since march but it was a MAJOR clusterfuck getting this installed and it wouldnt have moved if not for Scott.

Ricky Bobby
07-09-2009, 09:27 PM
compared to my new/old twc box, this one has an hdmi output and 2 audio outputs plus their remote actually controls my tv, dvd player and home theater. and damm does 140 hd channels look good!

again all that twc has except for the all the hd channels, and the one home dvr is probably gonna be offered from twc in the future.

but to each there own

domokun
07-09-2009, 09:34 PM
Im not going to turn this into a AT&T VS TWC war, so Ill keep my mouth shut :)

but as for being able to record show Cyclone, you can do that on ANY box now ;) I programmed that about 6 months ago, finally got pushed to customer this week.

Yooformula
07-09-2009, 09:35 PM
yes thanks but my thread was for u-verse not twc and you forget its ALOT cheaper!!! friendly competition is good, now maybe twc wont take some customers for granted since there are more choices out there now.

domokun
07-09-2009, 10:18 PM
forgot about web remote, iphone app, newer infrastructure, fiber, global based company,

Ricky Bobby
07-09-2009, 11:20 PM
yoo ive said it before if u had probs u never contacted me to help u out so hope all is well with ur new service

twc also has fiber and other things

maybe u can fix my neighbors ucrap between him and the neighbor across the street they have had trucks here like 15times a piece also there is always someone sittin at the v-rad less then a block away yea ur stuff works awesome. My stuff never gone out in over 5yrs any of it!!

all companies have there good and bads u just have to decide which one sux less for u :thumbsup

domokun
07-09-2009, 11:33 PM
I agree Ricky, every company has theirs here and there.

since when do you guys run fiber to the house?

Ricky Bobby
07-09-2009, 11:55 PM
we dont run fiber to the house but most of our plant is fiber and u guys dont run fiber to every home either i have seen one with fiber to the ped for the house and the house wasnt built it was last yr somewhere other wise it looks like twisted pair still running to almost all ur older homes, we use coax works fine for us :thumbsup

Myles
07-10-2009, 12:05 AM
When someone can trunk a actual fiber connection to the house i will switch. Till then ill keep bitching to TWC to get DOCSIS 3.0

Yooformula
07-10-2009, 12:30 AM
anyways, again glad to try something new with new perks. ftr, ricky I did pm you about an issue i was having but I didnt get a response. no big really as overall I wasnt very thrilled with twc.

97z2801ss
07-10-2009, 01:35 AM
yea my rents are shopping around, but i dont think they should go Dish or direct.... I like uverse the gf has it. How much cheaper is it we have 4 tvs with cable, phone and net. Ps: the gf used to have charter and it sucked

UnderPSI
07-10-2009, 06:32 AM
When someone can trunk a actual fiber connection to the house i will switch. Till then ill keep bitching to TWC to get DOCSIS 3.0

We are running fiber to all the newly built houses. (WE Energies) It's rare that I work underground, but all the new houses and subdivisions are getting fiber.

jon_we4
07-10-2009, 08:04 AM
I agree Ricky, every company has theirs here and there.

since when do you guys run fiber to the house?

Did something change? I thought Uverse was fiber to the neighborhood, not like FiOS which was a direct fiber drop to the house. Not that we can get FiOS..... *sigh*

domokun
07-10-2009, 08:29 AM
in Milwaukee fiber is to the Vrad. in areas like port washington, some of grafton, west bend, jackson, brookfield, oconomowoc, all of pabst farms is fiber to the house

fiber to the house is more used in Tx, CA, FL. copper is so much cheaper to run than fiber.

Myles
07-10-2009, 08:34 AM
We are running fiber to all the newly built houses. (WE Energies) It's rare that I work underground, but all the new houses and subdivisions are getting fiber.

Damnit, when do the old pile of shit houses get fiber

Ricky Bobby
07-10-2009, 08:37 AM
sorry yoo if i missed it had a kid havent been on here much unless hes sleeping lol

jon_we4
07-10-2009, 08:46 AM
in Milwaukee fiber is to the Vrad. in areas like port washington, some of grafton, west bend, jackson, brookfield, oconomowoc, all of pabst farms is fiber to the house

fiber to the house is more used in Tx, CA, FL. copper is so much cheaper to run than fiber.

What about Delafield/Pewaukee area? Subdivision is 10-15 years old though.

Are there speed/quality differences if fiber is dropped to the house?

I couldn't do anything for 2 years though. I cut some channels with TW and did the 2 year price lock to get my bill down substantially.

That_Guy
07-10-2009, 08:57 AM
we where going to get cable at the house im renting but the prices are so out of wack. so where using the hd antenna for now not to mention anything i could ever want to watch is on hulu. we have road runner and thats all i could ever need.

everybody i talked to said that uverse i freaking awesome. im not sure if we get that over here on Okauchee lake. the price sounds totally fair

Yooformula
07-10-2009, 11:09 AM
sorry yoo if i missed it had a kid havent been on here much unless hes sleeping lol

I hear ya on that. dont worry about it. I wasnt trying to start a bash thread just wanted to express my initial impressions thats all.:thumbsup

Ricky Bobby
07-10-2009, 01:24 PM
no prob just trying to help when i can

Got Boost
07-10-2009, 02:22 PM
I enjoy my U-Verse also ... The DVR is the bomb and all that glorious HD .... any word on 1080P .. On demand stuff ...Or something cool ???? I had Paldillia when I first signed up but about after a month ... I dont get it anymore???They have some good concerts

domokun
07-10-2009, 04:14 PM
palladia is part of the premium HD tier now ( pay 5 extra bux for 5 more HD channels )

T-Bag
07-10-2009, 05:48 PM
New codecs for the HD yet or is it still asstastic?

domokun
07-10-2009, 06:01 PM
working on 2 new codec's per line profile ( 25mb or 32mb ) then once 32 is rolled. working in a 50mb and 75mb profiles for pair bonding :)

theavenger333
07-10-2009, 06:10 PM
i'll second Scott for getting me into UVerse. i am more satisfied by leaps and bounds then i was with TWC.

pOrk
07-10-2009, 06:33 PM
Uverse can only supply 2 HD feeds though, correct?

Goat Roper
07-10-2009, 06:36 PM
Uverse can only supply 2 HD feeds though, correct?

At this time yes.

pOrk
07-10-2009, 06:39 PM
At this time yes.

Blehhhhh :rolf

Whats U-Verse cost a month? Over the AIR with my home built HD antenna is starting to blow, nothing comes in worth a damn in racine

domokun
07-10-2009, 11:38 PM
or if you are cool like me, you get 4 HD streams, 30mb down / 30mb up internet :goof:durr:thumbsup

cost is dependent on the channels you want, Ill talk to you about it tomorrow during biking Eric

Lv2xlr8
07-11-2009, 08:00 AM
Any way to find out if a certain subdivision in Hartford will get Uverse? And when?

Got Boost
07-11-2009, 11:36 AM
palladia is part of the premium HD tier now ( pay 5 extra bux for 5 more HD channels )
TY for the info ... I dont like palladia that much LOL

murdoc158
07-22-2009, 06:27 PM
Anyone made the switch from DirecTv to Uverse? Just curious your opinions. I've been with DirecTv for over 5 years now and had nothing but stellar service. However, the thought of faster internet has me wondering. Currently have AT&T DSL 6.0MB and found Uverse is available here in West Bend.

domokun
07-22-2009, 09:35 PM
Murdoc, Im such a bunch can contest here, if you need anything, let me know

murdoc158
07-22-2009, 09:43 PM
Murdoc, Im such a bunch can contest here, if you need anything, let me know

Was this English? I can usually pick things like this apart well enough to read them, but I'm having a hell of a time with that. :alcoholic

domokun
07-22-2009, 10:28 PM
Was this English? I can usually pick things like this apart well enough to read them, but I'm having a hell of a time with that. :alcoholic

Sorry, made it quick where I was cooking dinner :punch:

If you are interested and have questions, let me know. A couple people here could tell you that know the product inside and out :durr

Philly-O
07-22-2009, 11:51 PM
i have been waiting for uverse forever now. i guess the people across the street are available and a few houses down in the other direction are available, but not my address. i was told it will eventually happen but not to hold my breath.
AT&T has a customer waiting

H8RADE
07-23-2009, 12:08 AM
Does Uverse offer a wireless N router yet?
Can I use my N router with the Uverse box?
I have TWC with 250 channels and 2 movie channels, plus 20/mb internet right now for about $80/month through a friend of mine.
If I could do better, I would.
:shades

95mustang302
07-23-2009, 07:11 PM
Yes, you can use your N router with the uverse box, you go into the uverse config screen on your computer and turn off the wireless inside the box, and then hook yours up next to it, very simple!

domokun
07-23-2009, 08:44 PM
Does Uverse offer a wireless N router yet?
Can I use my N router with the Uverse box?
I have TWC with 250 channels and 2 movie channels, plus 20/mb internet right now for about $80/month through a friend of mine.
If I could do better, I would.
:shades

no, we arnt N native yet ( I forsee them in the future with our new RGs )

yes you can put a router behind our RG ( you have to uncheck router behind router alert, and you dont have to turn off the wireless in our RG like derek said )

and I doubt I can, so keep TWC then doesnt bother me

murdoc158
07-24-2009, 05:45 PM
Do any Uverse boxes have an OTA antenna hookup option? Uverse is limited to 2HD and 2SD streams at one time correct? I can foresee a possible problem on Thursday nights if this is true. 30 Rock/The Office and CSI are on at the same time, both in HD. If the wife wants to record something on TLC or Discovery she will have to do it in SD and she's not going to like that. If there was support for OTA the bandwidth for TLC would still be there in HD since 30 Rock/The Office/CSI would be through the antenna.

Domokun, I just upgraded my DSL from 3.0 to 6.0. From my understanding, I cannot get anything faster without Uverse. If I got Uverse hooked up and canceled the TV portion would I potentially still have access to the higher internet speeds (legality aside of course).

domokun
07-24-2009, 05:58 PM
if you think the streams is going to be a issue, then dont get it. thats the easiest thing I can say to people till I release the new profiles to the public for 3hd 1 sd

yes, you can order internet only and get upto 24mb if you want.

Do any Uverse boxes have an OTA antenna hookup option? Uverse is limited to 2HD and 2SD streams at one time correct? I can foresee a possible problem on Thursday nights if this is true. 30 Rock/The Office and CSI are on at the same time, both in HD. If the wife wants to record something on TLC or Discovery she will have to do it in SD and she's not going to like that. If there was support for OTA the bandwidth for TLC would still be there in HD since 30 Rock/The Office/CSI would be through the antenna.

Domokun, I just upgraded my DSL from 3.0 to 6.0. From my understanding, I cannot get anything faster without Uverse. If I got Uverse hooked up and canceled the TV portion would I potentially still have access to the higher internet speeds (legality aside of course).

Philly-O
07-24-2009, 11:25 PM
called uverse today and it is in my area finally. their website is horrible for looking up availability. i got so mad cause i couldn't find my address and that is the step you need to fill out to build and price, i tried using my friend's address just to see since he has had uverse for over 2 years now.......and it said it wasn't available even in his area. anyway i am glad i have someone coming over monday to verify availability.

'91 notch
07-25-2009, 01:03 AM
I have U-verse also, what do you guys with TWC pay monthly? And what package does everyone have? I'm just trying to figure out what's best for me. BTW satellite TV is not an option, my parents tried that 7-8 years ago. The only time I watched TV was when it was raining and It would freeze because of the weather.