PDA

View Full Version : Don't buy a Dell Printer

TransAm12sec
07-08-2009, 10:00 PM
Don't buy a Dell Printer, Dell stopped supplying to ink cartridges to places such as Best Buy and Office Depot, and charge $112 for a two black and two color cartridges on their site.

For my applications, a Dell 948, they can be had from Amazon for $72 for a set of two. Still a rip off.

There might be a cheaper place, but still, this is pretty bad.

Silver350
07-08-2009, 10:04 PM
That and getting service on dell printers is a pain in the ass. Printers are garabage, for warrenty they make you use their cartridges and it is at least a 30 minute call for service. My company uses them and I hate the printer and dealing with their printer service.

DirtyMax
07-08-2009, 10:20 PM
They are a little cheaper at Staples yet than thru Dell directly (about the same as Amazon actually)...and it looks like they're still in stock (for now anyways).

http://www.staples.com/office/supplies/StaplesSearch?searchkey=dell+948&storeId=10001&catalogId=10051&langId=-1&fromUrl=home

Dell just lifted this "embargo" a little more than a year ago and now they are going back to it.

Hopefully our supply chain dept. is leaning on them pretty hard because we've become one of their largest resellers.

GTSLOW
07-08-2009, 11:06 PM
We also use Dell printers in my station. I hate those bastards so much.

TURTLE
07-09-2009, 07:35 AM
at home, i have a system....

when the ink costs more for 2 refills than buying a new printer(decent), i buy a new one... lol

Yooformula
07-09-2009, 09:23 AM
do the ink cartridges still have a little breather hole on top? if so I used to use a refill kit from walmart and just refill the ink myself back when I had to use dell printers at work. Now I try to stick with Canon printers but even the ink for my Lexmark printer(for scanning/fax) doesnt cost that much.

wrath
07-09-2009, 01:40 PM
Many Dell printers are just rebadged Xerox printers anyway. If you're talking consumer crap I have no idea.

Feature Pony
07-09-2009, 02:10 PM
Dell Sucks period!! It took me 4 reps to cancel my order. The first 3 people I talked to were from India couldn't understand them they couldn't understand me. Finally the 4th guy was in america and I asked him why I couldn't just be transfered to him right away, he then told me his company (Dell) is just out for the money and could care less about the consumer.

SSDude
07-09-2009, 06:20 PM
You can get this Epson (http://www.epson.com/cgi-bin/Store/consumer/consDetail.jsp?BV_UseBVCookie=yes&oid=63083979) for $49. Why would you waste your time with this Dell crap. It is refurbished with new ink cartridges.

Waver
07-09-2009, 06:33 PM
Many Dell printers are just rebadged Xerox printers anyway. If you're talking consumer crap I have no idea.

Wrong, they are rebadged Lexmark printers.....even worse.....you want to know why the dell ink costs so much, because Lexmark charges 70 bucks for 2 blacks