PDA

View Full Version : Crystal Ridge for sale

pOrk
07-08-2009, 08:55 PM
Major Suckage

http://www.jsonline.com/news/milwaukee/49696487.html

Neal Steffek
07-08-2009, 09:05 PM
I hope the don't close McCarty pool. I remember going there to swim when i was a kid 30 years ago. :(

Karps TA
07-08-2009, 09:17 PM
Personally I say good. I don't remember anything in the Constitution saying govt should provide to the people ski hills and swimming pools. I'd rather have that sort of stuff cut and/or sold off to private businesses then important stuff like police and fire.

If either of those 2 things provided the income to pay for themselves, I'm sure they would have been kept. But my guess is they cost alot more to maintain and run then they bring in.

GTSLOW
07-08-2009, 09:17 PM
Man look at all the increases on there. What a bunch of morons, bad economy = raise prices.

CATNHAT
07-08-2009, 09:33 PM
Personally I say good. I don't remember anything in the Constitution saying govt should provide to the people ski hills and swimming pools. I'd rather have that sort of stuff cut and/or sold off to private businesses then important stuff like police and fire.

If either of those 2 things provided the income to pay for themselves, I'm sure they would have been kept. But my guess is they cost alot more to maintain and run then they bring in.

X2! They are nice but everyone pays for something that few use.

lordairgtar
07-08-2009, 10:55 PM
I hope the don't close McCarty pool. I remember going there to swim when i was a kid 30 years ago. :(
But do you use it now? Nostalgia is nice, but it won't pay the bills.

2000navyz
07-08-2009, 11:32 PM
that place is a shit hole.

pOrk
07-08-2009, 11:44 PM
This is a big hit in the mtb community since weekly races are held there during the summer, bmx events all summer long, and the only local ski hill.

This land is leased to the guy that operates the ski hill, tax payers aren't paying for it.

Al
07-09-2009, 12:39 AM
I never knew it was there.

wrath
07-09-2009, 07:35 AM
How do you spell Milwaukee County? M-a-c-o-m-b a-l-r-e-a-d-y b-e-e-n t-h-e-r-e.

Prince Valiant
07-09-2009, 08:35 AM
This land is leased to the guy that operates the ski hill, tax payers aren't paying for it.True...this isn't a MK parks supported deal.

However, iirc, hasn't the guy been missing most, if not all his payments for the lease? Also, does he maintain the mountain bike operations, or is it someone else?

I mean, even if HE is operating the summer stuff as well, I don't see it as a big hit...only because there isn't much more they can do with the land...it's a landfill. Not like they are going to build mountain chateau's there or something. Whoever purchases it will likely continue operations...and unlike the guy currently there, make some nice investments perhaps.

Haven't MB there...but I've skied there. It is seriously one of the worst maintained ski hills I've ever been on. Didn't expect much, and it underperformed my expectations by half. Sunburst is 10x better for the same cost.

pOrk
07-09-2009, 10:47 PM
The mtb trails are maintained by the metro mountain bike club of milwaukee and the bmx track I'm not sure. It being a landfill could be used for very little, but if its used for a driving range or something it would be bad news. I don't ski so I can't comment on that aspect.

TransAm12sec
07-10-2009, 12:07 AM
Little Switzerland was up for sale a while ago, however the real estate company that would purchase it wasn't allowed to level the hill, so it never sold.

When Little Switz was for sale it kept operating, as did another hill in upper Michigan(Blackjack?) to have numbers to show potential buyers. I don't see anyone wanting to purchase a ski hill though, since there are a few ski hills within an hour of Crystal Ridge; ie Olympia, Wilmot, Little Switz, and Sunburst. My favorite ski hill in southern Wisconsin is Cascade, well worth the drive and the season pass price is nice.

eltness350
07-10-2009, 10:58 AM
that sux....wtf r they gonna build on a $hit pile though?

Deggy
07-10-2009, 04:53 PM
We park our work vehicles there. I wonder what that means for us parking there....

I never got in to skiing or snow boarding... But to the people that do, sucks...