PDA

View Full Version : Probe gt's??

BadAzzGTA89
04-06-2004, 09:04 PM
Are the 24 valve probes supose to be fast??Cause this one had revtec stickers and wheels and a fart can !!ANd i blew him away in the wife's sunfire only thing i did was rotate tires replace abs sensor on the left front wheel and put a new fuel filter on!! The look on this kids face was price less when we got to the next stop and go!!!Damm i gotta take it to gld and i think i am going through withdrawls from not driving my ride:goof

SMS 1
04-06-2004, 09:15 PM
Originally posted by BadAzzGTA89
i think i am going through withdrawls from not driving my ride:goof Salts gone, whatcha waitnin for?

BadAzzGTA89
04-06-2004, 09:19 PM
I took it out earlier today !! And had a 5.0 pull up next to me and handed his azz to him!!But put her right back away plates are expired.Gonna get custom plates soon!!!Got i love going sideways:goof

SMS 1
04-06-2004, 09:21 PM
true, the suspension on the f-body's almost make them more fun to drive going sideways than any other manner!:3gears:

rsscoty
04-06-2004, 10:16 PM
Damn son don't believe I'ld be braggin about beatin a 3oh5 there're not a real fast motor!!

Believ me I drive one :rockwoot:
Scoty

SMS 1
04-06-2004, 10:28 PM
302?:goof

Prince Valiant
04-06-2004, 11:44 PM
to answer your question...no they aren't that fast. Stockish they are high 15's. Several I've raced in the Ram SS/T and effectively tied to 60mph or so...and that ran low 16's

FiErO-5spd
04-07-2004, 01:12 AM
heh, tbipowerformula is gonna have a little trick for you guys soon :) If you see him out on the highway he's got a dented fender, but it won't be out til one or two weeks after easter, and won't be running its best for a few months but it'll still be fun :) and btw i'm not telling you what he's doing and that's a 305 tbi

rsscoty
04-07-2004, 01:31 AM
I don't care what he's doing. if he is staying NA then about 13 seconds is all he will do.

:yawn: Scoty

SMS 1
04-07-2004, 09:34 PM
:wstupid thats like saying that I will contend with 4th gen LS1's this summer with my carbed 350 :goof :eek:

tbipowerFormula
04-07-2004, 10:09 PM
yeah i got a 305 tbi with some mods nothing special but i might be getting a 383 stroker.from some where i cant say but engough with that i dont want to sound like rice.but i should be running 13's which is better than what it ran stock like 16's/:rockwoot: :haveabeer

SMS 1
04-07-2004, 10:18 PM
16's? OUCHY, well 13's would be a definate improvement, and it's refreshing to see another "realistic" atitude here, but I must warn you, those of us with 3rd gen's will need to push into the 11's or so until we gain any REAL respect here IMO:( It's OK though, I don't mind the rippin from the 4th gen guys, these 3rd gen's are just what I like (other than a cherry '68 of course;) )

BadAzzGTA89
04-07-2004, 10:35 PM
Never say never SMS1 11's can be done

SMS 1
04-07-2004, 10:37 PM
Never say never SMS1 11's can be done I understand that:rolleyes: All I was saying is that I think that is what it will take for us B4 we get any props here!

I have a few tricks . . .

Not this year, but soon enough, soon enough:devil

BadAzzGTA89
04-07-2004, 10:44 PM
Originally posted by SMS 1
I understand that:rolleyes: All I was saying is that I think that is what it will take for us B4 we get any props here!

I have a few tricks . . .

Not this year, but soon enough, soon enough:devil

Props who needs that if you like your car who gives a rats ass if someone don't give ya props !!!!I mean GM built my car too so theres are newer and are quicker!!but i like my car so i think ok mine was just build too early b4 the LS1 too bad!Not how fast your ride is is how you take pride in your ride!!!

SMS 1
04-07-2004, 10:46 PM
Props who needs that if you like your car who gives a rats ass if someone don't give ya props !!!!I mean GM built my car too so theres are newer and are quicker!!but i like my car so i think ok mine was just build too early b4 the LS1 too bad!Not how fast your ride is is how you take pride in your ride!!! Peace brotha, I am on your side:rockwoot: :rockwoot: :rockwoot:

BadAzzGTA89
04-07-2004, 10:49 PM
Sorry man !!!!!!!!Not aimed at you!! Just sayin if i wanted a 4th gen i would own one!! A firehawk that is!!!!

number1
04-07-2004, 10:50 PM
If you ever see the black Probe GT on 100, that is my buddies. It ran a 14.7 last year and hopefully quicker this year. Most of them have problems with the VRIS not working, and if thats the case, you would be lucky to get a mid 16 out of one. If everything is working, they can be fairly snappy.

BadAzzGTA89
04-07-2004, 10:52 PM
http://www.thirdgen.org/techbb2/attachment.php?s=&postid=1769830

BLING BLAU

SMS 1
04-07-2004, 10:57 PM
So that is the hood you are buying?

BadAzzGTA89
04-07-2004, 10:58 PM
NO

BadAzzGTA89
04-07-2004, 10:59 PM
http://www.thirdgen.org/techbb2/attachment.php?s=&postid=1769826

BLAU BLING

SMS 1
04-07-2004, 11:00 PM
OK, so, then :wtf

BadAzzGTA89
04-07-2004, 11:00 PM
Originally posted by number1
If you ever see the black Probe GT on 100, that is my buddies. It ran a 14.7 last year and hopefully quicker this year. Most of them have problems with the VRIS not working, and if thats the case, you would be lucky to get a mid 16 out of one. If everything is working, they can be fairly snappy.

I did this with a stock ecotec!!!!!Doesn't say much for a GT

BadAzzGTA89
04-07-2004, 11:02 PM
Originally posted by SMS 1
OK, so, then :wtf

Im sayin to some it looks cool but to me i guess we gonna go stock

Simple is better!!!!!!!!!!

number1
04-07-2004, 11:02 PM
I have zero clues how to post pics. Do I just replace the http with img?

number1
04-07-2004, 11:04 PM
And they are ok, but the ecotec is a way better motor.

Chevy :rockwoot:

SMS 1
04-07-2004, 11:04 PM
I have zero clues how to post pics. Do I just replace the http with img? well ya sort of . . .

You can either use the vB code helper buttons or type to get the pics up;) P.S.- the picture URL goes in between those two sets of IMG.

BadAzzGTA89
04-07-2004, 11:10 PM
And they are ok, but the ecotec is a way better motor.

Chevy :rockwoot:

Testify brother!!!!!

FiErO-5spd
04-08-2004, 03:25 AM
http://www.thirdgen.org/techbb2/attachment.php?s=&postid=1769830

BLING BLAU
I almost **** myself when i saw this car

tbipowerFormula
04-08-2004, 07:51 AM
anybody know anyone with a rear end for sale with 3.73's and posi i need one all ive got is 2.73's and they kill me off the line.:fire nice GTA by the way i love the front bumper covers want one for my formula.

BAD LS1
04-08-2004, 08:41 AM
Are the 24 valve probes supose to be fast??Cause this one had revtec stickers and wheels and a fart can !!ANd i blew him away in the wife's sunfire only thing i did was rotate tires replace abs sensor on the left front wheel and put a new fuel filter on!! The look on this kids face was price less when we got to the next stop and go!!!Damm i gotta take it to gld and i think i am going through withdrawls from not driving my ride:goof

Dude thats a 16 sec sunspark you got there!!!!

The Colorado is still hungry......

BAD LS1
04-08-2004, 08:45 AM
http://www.thirdgen.org/techbb2/attachment.php?s=&postid=1769826

BLAU BLING

That hood just aint right.....

I vote stock!!!!

So what if you gotta keep super glueing the louvers in the hood...

BAD LS1
04-08-2004, 08:47 AM
11's can be done

Hmmm better lose the tuned port intake.... and build a stout carbed small block for any chance of that happening

Al
04-08-2004, 11:17 AM
Probe GTs (I call them anal probes) are slow. A civic Si will take one.

Milw96Cobra
04-08-2004, 02:43 PM
Alright, here's the deal with 2nd Gen (93+) Probe GT's.... from someone who's owned 2 of them... and modded them

Yes, before I owned my Cobra, I owned 2 Probe GT's... both the 24 valve 2nd gen 2.5V6 motors.

Stock, theyre 165hp 165tq... and they have a pretty good aftermarket... as well as one of the best message board forums for any car out there. See www.probetalk.com

Basics... A 93-97 Probe GT is just a Mazda MX-6 in disguise, and the 4 door version is the 626. All cars are pretty much the same.

They are VERY VERY good cars if the proper maintainence is done... problem areas include the alternator, distributor, and weak ball joints.

That guy that was talking about the VRIS before probably doesnt know much about them... they dont fail as much as he made them out to be.... nevertheless, the VRIS system is 2 sets of butterflies in the Intake Manifold, that effectively change the intake runner length to promote a more powerful and smoother powerband.

Specifics...

They're light... 2800lbs, and with a 4.31 final drive ratio, they get up to 60 pretty good for a small engine.

Handling, these things drive like theyre on rails... from the factory! They have a coil over suspension on all 4 corners... and theres always of course upgrade options thru the aftermarket to make them handle even better.

Mods :

Of course their aftermarket isnt nearly the size of the Mustang/Camaro/TransAm/Honda aftermarket, but of the 'other' variety of cars... it's probably one of the largest. Other than the typical intake/exhaust mods, theres :

J-Spec motor... for $850, you get yourself a 200hp 175tq motor... basically its a higher compression, ported heads/intake, more agressive cam, version of the US Spec.

There are turbo kits as well made for the 2.5V6...

Everything being said, I wish I still had a Probe, for a daily driver. They're sharp, zippy, and definatly a good bang for your buck starter car / daily driver.

Today's translation of the Probe/MX-6 Line... Well, pop the hood of a Mazda Protege5, and you'll notice, that its a 4 cyl Probe/MX-6, with the body of a wagon. I'm almost afraid to say it, but if they made a Protege5 with the V6 Probe engine in it, I would have highly considered leasing one for a daily driver.

Milw96Cobra
04-08-2004, 02:44 PM
Originally posted by BlueBullet
Probe GTs (I call them anal probes) are slow. A civic Si will take one.

You sir, have no idea what you're talking about. My 2nd Probe GT, which all it had was a ported intake manifold and catback exhaust, hung with an almost stock 90 Mustang GT... (catback and intake)

Read my above post... stock theyre 165hp 165tq... pulling 2800lbs....

Compare that to your everyday ricer's Civic SI...

number1
04-08-2004, 03:18 PM
Just because you have owned two, doesn't make you the king probe owner. I've worked on about 5 PGT's and all of them had VRIS leaks, or non working VRIS. I know more than most do about the motor and I really don't want to. I own two probes a 95 SE and a 89 GT. Any thing else you want to add about my probe skillz sir probe master.

And, if you think that the retards at probetalk.com know anything, you are just as ignorant as them.

SMS 1
04-08-2004, 04:55 PM
Originally posted by BADDLS1SS
Hmmm better lose the tuned port intake.... and build a stout carbed small block for any chance of that happening :devil

Milw96Cobra
04-12-2004, 12:26 AM
Just because you have owned two, doesn't make you the king probe owner. I've worked on about 5 PGT's and all of them had VRIS leaks, or non working VRIS. I know more than most do about the motor and I really don't want to. I own two probes a 95 SE and a 89 GT. Any thing else you want to add about my probe skillz sir probe master.

And, if you think that the retards at probetalk.com know anything, you are just as ignorant as them.

Lol, and someone attacks me right off the bat... well how pleasant of you... thanks.

Just because you've had to worked on 5 PGT's with leaks, doesnt mean theyre all like that. So yeah, you may know more than most do about probe engines, did it ever occur to you that some other people might know about them too? You've owned two Probes... great... I see that none of them are the more recent GT's that we're talking about.

I never said that Probetalk was the almighty forum that everyone knows everything. Let's not get ahead of ourselves here... every board is filled with idiots that think they have an above average level of intelligence, yet in reality, their level equates to that of a Quisanart. However, there still are a few highly knowledgeable people on their board... just like all others.

Please tell me if I'm missing anything here.... thanks.

number1
04-12-2004, 10:24 AM
"That guy that was talking about the VRIS before probably doesnt know much about them... "

I'd be that guy you mentioned, and as far as probes, most of my time is spent under the hood of a 93 PGT.

All you did was say information that noone cared about in your first post, Then cut into someone because they didn't like the same cars that you do. I don't like mustangs, but I didn't say anything about them.
:rolleyes:

Milw96Cobra
04-12-2004, 01:51 PM
"That guy that was talking about the VRIS before probably doesnt know much about them... "

I'd be that guy you mentioned, and as far as probes, most of my time is spent under the hood of a 93 PGT.

So you spend most of your time under the hood of a 93 PGT... okay... So you work on your PGT... I don't understand what you're trying to say here.... that you know about them? If that's the case, please share your experiences with them, after all, isn't that the point of this thread?

All you did was say information that noone cared about in your first post

If all I did was post information that 'no one cared about', then I ask you, Why, is the original post of this thread... Probe gt's?? Are they supposed to be fast...

I was giving useful information, from someone who has owned two of them and knows a fair amount about them, which directly answers the original question of the thread. Did you even care to stop and think that, that was my point in originally making my post, or does speaking before thinking come naturally to you?

Then cut into someone because they didn't like the same cars that you do. I don't like mustangs, but I didn't say anything about them.
:rolleyes:

Let's not get ahead of ourselves here, I was not the one to throw the first 'punch', Nor did anyone say anything about Mustangs, NOR did I say anything bad about GM's. Where are you getting this from?

No offense to any of the moderators, administrators, and owners of BrewCityMuscle, but over the past year there has been a seemingly high degredation of quality of the people on this board. Which directly relates to the willingness of people to actually participate in 'the club'. I find that the people that do actively participate to be a bunch of good guys... then whenever I browse over here to the board, I find it cluttered with others that are self-righteous Internet Bad-Asses. Most of my friends that originally came here, left because of it. Anyhow, I'm looking forward to seeing all of you this summer at Oscar's and whatnot.

SMS 1
04-12-2004, 05:01 PM
Originally posted by Milw96Cobra
Internet Bad-Asses Where as I am only an internet tough guy:goof

You are NOT making UN-true statements in your posts though.

number1
04-12-2004, 10:33 PM
Participate in the club? I would love to participate more, I have an idea, you drive for a little over an hour to pick me up, and I will be more than happy to participate more. Around my busy work schedule, being in school down in platteville, and trying to hang out with my girlfriend, I still got together with some of the guys from here over my winter break. All of them were some of the best, funniest guys I've meet, but when I come on here and say just one little weak point that I have found on probes as to why some have problems, I get some kid who thinks he knows everything about them because he has owned two of them, says "the kid that was talking about the VRIS, probably doesn't know much about them." I'm sure you know a lot about them, good for you, Of my very limited knowledge about cars, I try to learn about everything, every car I can, I stated from experience. You think you didn't throw the first stone? Just because I didn't say some worthless crap like

" J-Spec motor... for $850, you get yourself a 200hp 175tq motor... basically its a higher compression, ported heads/intake, more agressive cam, version of the US Spec.
defend
There are turbo kits as well made for the 2.5V6..."

You assume that I don't know anything. A simple, "well from my experience, I have never had problems with the VRIS, but in other areas" would have worked to the same effect, and in fact I would love to have asked you about your run ins with the mazda 2.5. But the fact is now, I really can't stand your arrogance. I just tried to help about the topic, and someone, always, and I mean always, knows everything about that topic.

Now, I'm sorry, I never post internet bad-ass subjects, But I just wanted to defend myself from what I felt was an attack, If that makes me an e-thug, I'll give you my address, you can meet up with me on a weekend, I'll be more than happy to speak my mind then.

Syclone0044
04-20-2004, 08:35 PM
I'm sorry, I really have no feeling either way on this subject but with all the references to E-thugs and Internet Gangsta's I feel obligated to post this image!! :goof

http://www.shafted.com.au/photos/albums/funnies/d/domesticEthug.jpg

tbipowerFormula
04-21-2004, 05:14 PM
ladies ladies pull the tampons away he asked i fhtere fast well name a probe gt if you beat one and with what car and we should be able to see if there fast or jus american ricer.:flipoff: