PDA

View Full Version : Ryan Braun

Nix
07-07-2009, 12:19 PM
I don't know how many of you baseball fans have seen this article yet but what are your thoughts?

I think that Braun hasen't been in the league long enough to talk like this but then again its the true feelings that him,fans and other players have as well.

I also believe Braun should have kept it in the clubhouse and don't bite the hand that feeds you type deal.

All in all I know he is cocky and he is a great ball player but this is uncalled for in some ways.

http://www.jsonline.com/sports/brewers/50090917.html

07ROUSHSTG3
07-07-2009, 12:27 PM
yeah, i heard about it on 620 this morning. didn't make too many people happy. he should probably keep his trap shut.

TraceDaddy
07-07-2009, 12:30 PM
He's young and dumb and just made it harder for Melvin to make a move. At the very least, much more expensive. He's a great player, just stick to that.

Anakonda69
07-07-2009, 12:39 PM
the truth hurts. what he said is true. it has nothing to do with being young or not he is a part of the team he criticized. he made statements about the offense in general. it's not like he said stuff about everyone but himself. and what he said is true. if we wanna make a decent run into the post-season we need some pitching. i don't get why athletes speaking their minds and having opnions is such a huge deal. they are people doing a job just like us. we just don't get interviewed about our jobs. i don't see anything that bad about what he said. he wants to win and is just stating what he feels should be done about the situation. and the cubs did play way better then we did the whole series. not sure how that pisses anyone off.

Nix
07-07-2009, 01:04 PM
the truth hurts. what he said is true. it has nothing to do with being young or not he is a part of the team he criticized. he made statements about the offense in general. it's not like he said stuff about everyone but himself. and what he said is true. if we wanna make a decent run into the post-season we need some pitching. i don't get why athletes speaking their minds and having opnions is such a huge deal. they are people doing a job just like us. we just don't get interviewed about our jobs. i don't see anything that bad about what he said. he wants to win and is just stating what he feels should be done about the situation. and the cubs did play way better then we did the whole series. not sure how that pisses anyone off.

Like I said in my inital post pretty much everyone feels this way right now. However how he conducted himself was unprofessional.

Karps TA
07-07-2009, 01:24 PM
If the offense was doing more the last couple games besides the 1 blow out game, then I'd have no problem with what he said.

However since the offense has essentailly sucked a fat dick for a couple weeks now, Braun need's to worry more about hitting the ball. Maybe he should jump on Kendall for either calling shitty games or not being able to hit.

But I agree with him that they need to do something, and calling Parra back is not the answer.

DirtyMax
07-07-2009, 03:08 PM
He called out the offense too and at least had the sense to use "we" and not "they".

While everything he said it true, I don't know that he should have gone public. I bet he will be loved for it though versus chastised. He's not bitching like Bill Hall and with his numbers, he should be able to speak his peace, albeit maybe not to the media.

Anakonda69
07-07-2009, 03:33 PM
Like I said in my inital post pretty much everyone feels this way right now. However how he conducted himself was unprofessional.

understandable. however i do like to see athletes speak their mind and i feel he didn't say anything to unwarranted. so i have no big issues with what he said.

jbiscuit
07-07-2009, 03:54 PM
he needs to learn to be more tactful. He really shouldn't criticize anyone. He has struck out plenty of times trying to be the hero. The best teamwork is the kind where you don't worry about what other people are doing, just worry about yourself and your own job

DirtyMax
07-07-2009, 04:17 PM
They had $20M ready and willing to be committed just to CC for years to come. I can only assume this was in addition (or partially anyways) to the extensions they made to Fielder, Hardy, Hart, etc. Granted they signed Hoffman and Looper but even after all that there still seems to be some money left in the $20M "kitty" that they were ready to devote to one player.

Pedro could be had cheap. Can't be any worse than what they have now. He's only gotta last half a season which is how long his typical seasons have lasted anyways.

I also think Macha is guilty of "Ned Yost-ing" the lineup too much lately. It seems like every day, with the exception of Braun and Fielder, it's something different. Jason Kendall batting leadoff last week.. WFT?!?!? Pick a lineup and let people get settled into it. If a guy gets a day off, his replacement hits in that spot. If your team does not have a legit leadoff hitter, go get one. If you dont want to do that, settle for one of the players that makes the most sense (McGehee IMO) and roll with it.

They are on pace to shatter their attendance record once again. Melvin and the front office owe it to those paying customers to keep moving in the right direction.

PB86MCSS
07-07-2009, 06:24 PM
He has a cocky edge to him but thats part of the reason I like him so much, as well as other people, he can back it up for the most part. Typically I don't like those players but when they are our/my player, its different I guess ;) . He shouldn't of said it in public like that but in the heat of the moment aka after a tough series to a rival where you get beat bad except one game I don't think its that big of a deal. Same with last year after Boston, I think he is saying what everyone else is thinking or feeling, fans and probably alot of players. He didn't call anyone out and stated the offense isn't doing their part either. He is the leader of the team IMO, I don't think what he did was THAT bad....just outspoken. Fielder shoving a player in the dugout knowing TV will see it is much worse.

I like it when players don't say cliche's and the standard lines but are honest instead. I don't think it affects their ability to improve or acquire a pitcher. MLB teams already know who wants who.

Beagle
07-07-2009, 06:46 PM
Considering he made a long term commitment to the Brewers he has every right to say things like this. Its not like hes saying stuff we dont already know. This shows me that he wants the brewers to win unlike some of the players we've had in the past that are here just for the pay day.

Goat Roper
07-07-2009, 06:59 PM
The guy was spot on with his comments on the pitching

Korndogg
07-07-2009, 07:15 PM
"We all work every day from 9 a.m. to midnight, and basically 12 months a year," said Melvin, referring to his baseball staff. "I'll be glad to have Ryan help if he wants to. I'll give him a badge and he can be my deputy."

lol

Nix
07-07-2009, 07:17 PM
I believe it takes aman to apologize when they believe they made a mistake and Braun proved he is just that. I saw him apologize in the news today and maybe this whole thing will lite a fire under everyones ass just like when Fielder went off on the team last season!!

TraceDaddy
07-07-2009, 09:00 PM
He did apologize. And he is entitled to his opinion. Just express it to Melvin and not the media. All it does it make life harder for Melvin to do what Braun wants. It reminds me of a time when I had an assessor coming to do a walk through of our house. It was a very large house and somehow he managed to miss the door that led to the third floor. Just about the time he was about to leave, my (ex) wife now, asks, "so what did he think of your rec room on the third floor. It's awesome!"

Just shut the f*ck up b*tch!

Ryan? Just shut the f*ck up!

Feffman
07-08-2009, 07:42 AM
It looks like it's going to be a battle royal for the central all year. The Brewers, my Cards and the Cubs (to a lesser extent) are all streaky. Braun at least had the decency to include himself ("we") in the commentary. The current Cards/Brewers series may be a good sign of the rest of the season.

Feff