PDA

View Full Version : Question for Lightroom users

Goat Roper
07-06-2009, 10:06 AM
Noticed the colors in my Lightroom created fireworks gallery were washed out. I am running a color calibrated display setup that I had to import into CS3 to get colors to display properly. Does Lightroom have this same functionality? I see no where to even adjust between sRGB or aRGB.

DirtyMax
07-06-2009, 10:26 AM
I'll have to look tonight when I get home since I pretty much use LR 2.2 exclusively. I use the Spyder 2 device as my color calibration device but have never imported (nor stumbled on anywhere to import) any settings into LR either. I thought there was a place where it let you dictate color space but I can't recall for certain.

domokun
07-06-2009, 10:44 AM
the only place I seen sRGB or aRGB is on the export.

what about under preset, then user presets click import. thats for color presets....

I will also check when I get home

DirtyMax
07-06-2009, 11:02 AM
the only place I seen sRGB or aRGB is on the export.

That's probably where I recall seeing it. I see it all the time I knew that.

Goat Roper
07-06-2009, 11:12 AM
This was a profile created by a Spyder2 or like device. Had to import into CS3, just assuming something has to be done with LR considering how washed out things are.

domokun
07-06-2009, 11:19 AM
so this is where Im kinda dumbfounded though.

when using a actually screen calibrator, you are calibrating the screen, which all your programs run on...

so therefore the colors would be the same in ps or lr....since the screen is calibrated...

am I thinking to much in the box here?

DirtyMax
07-06-2009, 11:37 AM
If you are, you aren't the only one, LOL. :D I didn;t think anything additional was necessary either but if there is, I'm learning something new too.

Goat Roper
07-06-2009, 01:06 PM
Yeah, I thought the same thing but in CS3 you can use different color profiles and it will try and use an OLD profile to display colors, making them look a bit washed out since your monitor is using a different profile. Once I figured that out everything was fine in CS3

Goat Roper
07-06-2009, 01:19 PM
Looks like this is it; http://www.computer-darkroom.com/lr_colour/lightroom-colour.htm

domokun
07-06-2009, 01:44 PM
^ interesting

Im just using 2.2 native on my macbook till I get a external screen