PDA

View Full Version : Where to have complete exhaust system installed?

TransAm12sec
04-06-2004, 03:18 PM
Hey I was wondering where I could have a complete exhaust system installed around northern Milwaukee. My dad gets all of his work done at Car Maid in Cedarburg. I wanted to check to see if their were any cheap places to go to.

Thanks

SMS 1
04-06-2004, 04:59 PM
For exhaust work in this area I have heard some good things about Car Maid. I guess they "can" be "flexible" about the "rules" if you know what I am saying;)

TransAm12sec
04-06-2004, 10:47 PM
They have done "that" for my dad. He also had his intake manifold on his 2nd gen installed there a long time ago. My dad knows the owner well, but I wanted to be sure there isn't a really really cheap place that does quality work. A better deal then Car Maid to put it one way.

SMS 1
04-06-2004, 10:52 PM
Well if you find one let me know too!:headbang

rsscoty
04-07-2004, 01:37 AM
Lance, I can't remeber the name of it but there is a muffler shop on Tuetonia south of Miill. I talked to the guy once and was really impressed. He seemed to know his sh*t had and had a few hipo parts to sell. Didn't really talk prices but he seemed reasonable.

Scoty

btw, since I'm leaving this weekend, and going to be driving company trucks Emily wants me to leave the camaro here:D

Al
04-07-2004, 08:42 AM
Are you talking about having an exhaust bent up custom, or having someone install a premade system?

5LiterWes
04-07-2004, 10:06 AM
Anyone have any oppinions on WI Muffler?

DocDave
04-07-2004, 01:04 PM
I used to go to a place on the northside called classic muffler and brake. Don't know if they are still around but they used to do awesome custom exhaust systems. I stopped going there because they could only bend up to 2.5" pipe, I needed 3+".

Pantera99GS
04-07-2004, 03:27 PM
Originally posted by 5LiterWes

Been to the one on Lincoln quite a few times. Usually do alright work, depends on which guy you get. But they won't do anything that isnt completely uh "legal" - so if you don't have a cat or want it removed thats not the place to go.

TransAm12sec
04-07-2004, 11:12 PM
Originally posted by rsscoty
btw, since I'm leaving this weekend, and going to be driving company trucks Emily wants me to leave the camaro here:D

Emily's a smart girl. Her thoughts were probably "These cars were meant to be driven".

The exhaust system consists or short headers, a matching y-pipe, hopefully a cutout if I can convince my dad, a cat that will need to be welded in, and a hooker catback.

3rdGen Princess
04-07-2004, 11:58 PM
Originally posted by rsscoty

I take it she is not going with you to MO?!?!?! :confused Well, I can't really blame her for trying to keep the fun toy close to her! Maybe she thinks that you will come back to visit more then!! LOL!:goof

SMS 1
04-08-2004, 12:00 AM
Originally posted by 3rdGen Princess
I take it she is not going with you to MO?!?!?! :confused Well, I can't really blame her for trying to keep the fun toy close to her! Maybe she thinks that you will come back to visit more then!! LOL!:goof Sorry hun, if I ever leave I get full custody:goof

3rdGen Princess
04-08-2004, 12:44 AM
Originally posted by SMS 1
Sorry hun, if I ever leave I get full custody:goof

:flipoff2:

Wow, do you know something that you're not telling me? LOL!:goof

Wannarace62188
04-13-2004, 09:46 PM
Lance, where u get your parts from b/c i am lookin for my exhaust now but i really dont wanna go all custom... i found a real nice flowmaster system but it is only form cats back... so i still need the headers and the cats... let me know if you know a good place to get these parts...

Scales
04-13-2004, 10:46 PM
Originally posted by 5LiterWes

I hade a custom Y made at the one in New Berlin. I guess they did "ok" :rolleyes: since they were the only ones that wanted to attempt it (didn't know Denis at Midus then) but it sure does hang low!!! I'm talkin sparks from bumps low!!!:stare Now I need to have Denis clean up their mess...

Scales
04-13-2004, 10:49 PM
Also, stay away from Mufflers And Pipes in Waukesha.. Sure they do custom exhaust there, but the pipes they bent for my last Camaro looked like they bent them over their knee... Then they bent me over when I got the bill... :(