PDA

View Full Version : Milwaukees July 3rd fireworks

domokun
07-04-2009, 09:06 AM
did anyone else go lastnight?

All I have to say is...best fireworks I've seen to date, and I've been to a lot of different places and seen fireworks. from new york, Disney world / land, Germany, Dallas, etc

my top things that I liked

1) 4 shooting locations ( a top of US Bank, middle of the city, which kinda looked like that mini park in front of northwestern mutual, the barge, and the walk way of veterans park )

2) The fireworks shooting from veterans park and the barge were usually right on key exploding at the same time, with the same firework ( kinda cool ) 1 or 2 shells from each location

3) one hour long with really no pauses the whole time.

4) 3 grand finale's. the last one was just nuts. about 5 minutes long.

5) very good firework selection. a lot of big fireworks, largest I've seen

what did everyone else think? All I know is that US Bank spend A LOT of money on that show lastnight!

sucks my pictures really didnt turn out. I was WAY to close plus running behind cause of the traffic and the cops can eat it!

lilws6
07-04-2009, 09:47 AM
we tried to get down there for shinedown with no luck over headed the bike twice and drove around milwaukee for 2 hrs trying to find a spot to park. we ended up at sonic and could here the fireworks but thats it

shoooo32
07-04-2009, 09:49 AM
Best I've ever seen. I almost missed them though. I live in the third ward and the cops had all the streets blocked off. After a half hour and no feasible way to get home I snuck the car around some barricades, hauled ass up my street and down into the garage. I pretended like I didn't see the cop blowing his whistle and motioning me to stop.

domokun
07-04-2009, 09:52 AM
Best I've ever seen. I almost missed them though. I live in the third ward and the cops had all the streets blocked off. After a half hour and no feasible way to get home I snuck the car around some barricades, hauled ass up my street and down into the garage. I pretended like I didn't see the cop blowing his whistle and motioning me to stop.

the cops were nuts lastnight, I can contest to that!

nismodave
07-04-2009, 10:20 AM
Seemed too long to me...But I was drinking since 1pm..lol

indyzmike
07-04-2009, 10:21 AM
I rode my scoot from Germantown to the lake front and expected it would be easy to get close. WRONG. Cops all over the place blocking the streets to the lake. I ended up walking the bike down the bike trail from on top of the hill by the marina, to Veterans Park. I had a great view of the three launch areas including the ground show from the barge. Excellent fireworks show!

In the future, I will take my car to get close, then unload the bicycles, and ride to Veterans Park. There were bicycles all over and they had free access to the lakefront.

brotherbenn83
07-04-2009, 11:10 AM
the cops were nuts lastnight, I can contest to that!

Ummm...I think you mean attest.

domokun
07-04-2009, 12:02 PM
Hahaha. Nice catch! Yes I mean attest

pOrk
07-04-2009, 12:22 PM
Damn, sounds like a good show. I was stuck in racine!

BadAzzGTA89
07-04-2009, 12:56 PM
Seemed too long to me...But I was drinking since 1pm..lol
I was in the same boat i thought it was done and started to leave half way through but then it started again.

JBs92Lude
07-05-2009, 09:23 AM
I go down there for the fireworks every year. Always better fireworks than any of the ones the city does on the 4th. And the 3 sections with 3 finales is always how they do the fireworks as well. Great show. Another fun thing to do is get down there in the late morning or early afternoon and block off a section and bring a tent and a volleyball net and such and grill out for the day, you get good spots and its a good time.

Rocket Power
07-05-2009, 12:27 PM
Fireworks are for the 4th. Any other day = lame:goof

wikked
07-05-2009, 01:37 PM
I thought the big bang was the worst I've seen, maybe ever?

Where were the ones that are so loud that you can feel them in your chest? Didn't hear any of those, they all seemed soft :/
They had new things I've never seen before, I'll give them that.