PDA

View Full Version : Inground pool demolition

JC70SS
07-03-2009, 10:39 PM
Anyone know someone that could fill in an inground pool? My parents said enough is enough.

lordairgtar
07-04-2009, 12:23 AM
Make sign that says "Clean fill wanted"

michelle
07-04-2009, 07:46 AM
My parents have been wanting to close their pool for years and they got a few crazy quotes to have it done. I guess there is a process of stones and dirt and hammering the layers down so there isn't settling, versus just filling it with fill.

Let me know if you figure something out though that's reasonable.

indyzmike
07-04-2009, 10:30 AM
I guess I am the crazy one trying to do this myself. I rented a jackhammer and busted the concrete deck. Now I am gradually breaking out peices of the concrete and throwing them in the pool. I did not expect it to go so slow until I ran into wire mesh in the concrete. The pool is 20 X 40, sand bottom and fiberglass sides. Once the deep end is full, I plan on removing the glass walls and filling it the rest of the way. It is expensive to hire someone because it is a ton of work. I am almost to the point of hiring someone to finish the job.

Arigmaster
07-04-2009, 03:49 PM
Make sign that says "Clean fill wanted"

There is a good start....

Make sure the lighting (power) and drain is abandoned and closed up properly as well as the water lines running out to the pool. Your stuck with the jack hammer for the flat work demolition and you may want to get a cutting torch for the rebar. Tossing it all in the deep end is a good start but when you get to the fiberglass you might want to use a chain saw or even a gas powered concrete saw to cut it into managable pieces. (wear protective clothing)

Make sure you stack or put everything flat in the bottom if you plan to back fill everything under ground and make sure it stays at least below the frost line (4' should be safe) then follow up with the clean fill. Make sure you get a few extra drain holes punched in the bottom as well before filling it in with the debris.

That_Guy
07-04-2009, 04:27 PM
underpsi sells fireworks im sure he has something that could assist in this.. lol