PDA

View Full Version : 6000 Employees

-stew-
07-02-2009, 10:37 AM
I was complaining about something in my world. We all have complaints, and we all live in our own world. Some complaints are greater and more valid than others.

juicedimpss
07-02-2009, 10:43 AM
sounds like you have the worst job in the world.

SSLEVO
07-02-2009, 10:49 AM
Well, you have a job, it could be worse...

lordairgtar
07-02-2009, 10:50 AM
Quit whining. Our job gave us an unpaid WEEK off. I wish I was a person who had to go in.

Exitspeed
07-02-2009, 10:53 AM
Well, you have a job, it could be worse...

That's what I'm saying. They are all upset about this.

It's better then 1000 people being laid off and having NO FUCKIN JOB. Having no job sucks. For 6 months I wasn't able to find jack shit.

Yeah, complain about your employer cutting your hours during a recession. I would have GLADLY taken one of those jobs and been happy with it. Cut hours or not.

DirtyMax
07-02-2009, 10:59 AM
At least you're getting paid for going in. Think of it in dollar bills. And would you really be doing anything today that you couldnt do any other day?

-stew-
07-02-2009, 11:14 AM

jbiscuit
07-02-2009, 11:17 AM
You are working. Be thankful for that. We all got our wages cut twice here. Not cool at all

Dasred
07-02-2009, 11:22 AM
Gayer than a bag full of dicks.

wrath
07-02-2009, 11:57 AM
It could be worse, they could make you pay for your own retirement instead of having the taxpayers pay for it.

Crawlin
07-02-2009, 12:11 PM
I never got wage cuts...(not saying i've never had pay cut, meant i don't understand it) it doesn't make any sense.

it's actually proven (as much as it sucks for those that lost their job) that by cutting a couple jobs and keeping pay the same, productivity went up compared to those businesses that cut everyone's wages. Those people just got pissed off and worked 90% as hard cause they wanted to "stick it to the man" without being noticeably poorer work.

CATNHAT
07-02-2009, 12:14 PM
I was complaining about something in my world. We all have complaints, and we all live in our own world. Some complaints are greater and more valid than others.

Boo hoo hoo. Job at Enterprise a little tough for ya? Some guys can hack it and others, not so much.

-stew-
07-02-2009, 12:35 PM
Boo hoo hoo. Job at Enterprise a little tough for ya? Some guys can hack it and others, not so much.

I deal in selling cures for midlife crisis'. Guys like you can be hard to deal with. Also those curbfeelers you ordered came in.

CATNHAT
07-02-2009, 01:03 PM
Also those curbfeelers you ordered came in.

SWEET!! Why dont you hop in your barn find and deliver them.

http://i198.photobucket.com/albums/aa120/catnhatfan/kleenex100.jpg
This is the extra large 100 count box for you on those rainy days! Has lotion so your wittle nosey doesnt get sore.

Nothing but the best for you stoo!

Doc Brown
07-02-2009, 02:19 PM
I never got wage cuts...(not saying i've never had pay cut, meant i don't understand it) it doesn't make any sense.

it's actually proven (as much as it sucks for those that lost their job) that by cutting a couple jobs and keeping pay the same, productivity went up compared to those businesses that cut everyone's wages. Those people just got pissed off and worked 90% as hard cause they wanted to "stick it to the man" without being noticeably poorer work.My company went another way. Like yo were saying, they decided it was best to start by laying off or firing a position here or there very slowly over time, while keeping everything else he same. Then they took away all bonuses (except for the Corporate people making these decisions, of course). Fire/lay off more workers. Take away all merit increases. Fire/lay off more people. Drastically increase costs for benefits. Finally do a mass layoff to get rid of nearly everyone that's left. And all the while productively had increased dramatically because everyone wanted to keep their job. Fat lot of good that did. I'm two weeks into not being employed at this point.

-stew-
07-02-2009, 03:50 PM
It could be worse, they could make you pay for your own retirement instead of having the taxpayers pay for it.

Are you refering to my pension with the city, or my pension with the Army? People throw that out like it's supposed to make me feel bad. Everyones wages come from the sweat of someone elses back. The same people that pay the taxes that my wages come from also pay the WEnergy bill that supplys you with your wages.

I'm proud to work for the city. I bust my ass in some terrible conditions, some times going weeks with out a day off. Before I got hired, and after, people were turning down this position left and right. So, if you will gladly take some furlough days and deal with the other bs working here offers, please, apply. 204 east Wells Street

Plum Crazy
07-02-2009, 03:52 PM
im thankful i got called back June 1st

Exitspeed
07-02-2009, 03:54 PM
^
Dude you HAVE to understand bitching about actually HAVING a job is the last thing people wanna hear right now.

It's almost as bad as telling people on here you think the 3800 is a pile o shit. lol.

WhatsADSM
07-02-2009, 03:57 PM
... It's almost as bad as telling people on here you think the 3800 is a pile o shit. lol.

:rolf:rolf:rolf I take it you have learned your lesson on that one.

HY35F2T
07-02-2009, 04:00 PM
^
Dude you HAVE to understand bitching about actually HAVING a job is the last thing people wanna hear right now.

It's almost as bad as telling people on here you think the 3800 is a pile o shit. lol.

and it is.:rolf

-stew-
07-02-2009, 04:17 PM
^

I'm greatful for the job I have, and sitting back reading my original poast I realized how petty I was being. So I deleted it and put what I did, and I was gonna walk away from the topic, but I'm not gonna stand silent while people talk down to me about where my wages come from.

wrath
07-02-2009, 04:53 PM
Are you refering to my pension with the city, or my pension with the Army? People throw that out like it's supposed to make me feel bad. Everyones wages come from the sweat of someone elses back. The same people that pay the taxes that my wages come from also pay the WEnergy bill that supplys you with your wages.

I'm proud to work for the city. I bust my ass in some terrible conditions, some times going weeks with out a day off. Before I got hired, and after, people were turning down this position left and right. So, if you will gladly take some furlough days and deal with the other bs working here offers, please, apply. 204 east Wells Street

I'm talking about the city, or more appropriately, everyone that works for the state also. No one working for the state currently pays for any of their own retirement, even though they're supposed to.

My wife lost a week of pay, there are ZERO raises for 2009, they raised their benefits (I forget how much, we decided to put her on mine) AND we won't talk about 401k. Rumor is no raises for 2010 either. Plus, they won't let her take unpaid time off if she wants to (and she does since she gets jack shit for vacation... ran out over a month ago). So even though the company is still turning a profit they're turning the screws to their employees. And the company's executives are so worried about it they're making biweekly trips in their private jet to check on them. :rolleyes:

I'm blessed in that I have a stable job that is pretty well isolated from both the ups and downs of the economy. But then again, I'm taking a $300-400/week pay loss for a comparable job in the ratrace sector, even in today's economy. I'm essentially expected to answer my phone 24/7 unless I'm on scheduled vacation and there are times when I can't go more than a grocery store's drive from work or home. But I like my job. A lot. The isolation from tragedy is worth it to me.

So, what I'm saying is, that it could be a whole lot worse. They could make you come to work and not pay you, lay you off, or quit contributing your part of your retirement. And I don't think what you said or how you feel is petty at all, I'd be pissed too and feel the same exact way in your situation. It is a bunch of crap to not get compensated for work well-performed.

-stew-
07-02-2009, 05:18 PM
Dude, I aint got a raise since I started a year and a half ago. When the new contract gets settled, its gonna have a pay cut in it. A retroactive paycut from the day I started.

My pention is self sustaining. Over three billion dollars in. Lost close to one billion when the market crashed. The reason the city is being asked to kick money into it is because Tom Ament and Norquist dicided to use it as a piggy bank when they couldn't balance the budget. And I do have to kick in to buy into the pention plan.

Sounds like your wife has a shit job. Sorry to hear that, but don't throw the "taxpayers pay for your wages and retirement" card at me because of it. Fuck you.

Climb in the back of a garbage packer with the me and the maggots, roaches, racoons, feral cats, needles, dirty diapers, tampons and everyother piece of filth that get thrown away. Do that on a ninty degree day. Then talk to me like I'm an asshole because my job has good benifits. Fuck you.

wrath
07-02-2009, 05:46 PM
See, that's the problem. In order for the bigwigs to get a raise you need to take a paycut.

Your pension is not self-sustaining. When people quit contributing they start drawing on it. And what every person takes out is a lot more than they put in (see: social security).

It looks like you contribute 1.6% and the city pays 5.5%. That's not much for what you get out at the tail-end.
http://www.cmers.com/cmers/Docs/07MemberHandbook.pdf

She does have a crap job. Wasn't that way when she started. And I'm not complaining about you getting paid by taxpayers at all. I'm saying that they could decide that you aren't getting an essentially free retirement. Tons of other people are having it lopped out from under them. Some people are even getting theirs fleeced.

One summer I picked up trash (the guy that actually dumps the trash, not the driver). I saw all sorts of crazy shit while trying not to barf my brains out or get stuck. But it was the easiest $15/hr I made on the days I didn't have a gag reflex. I don't know if I'd do it for $9-10/hr and I'm sure you get paid more than that. If you want sympathy because your job isn't to test for the frothiness of an imported lager, you can find said sympathy between shit and syphilis.