PDA

View Full Version : bad fuel pumps??

cheap80Z28
07-02-2009, 01:19 AM
what would be the chances of getting 3 bad fuel pumps from a parts warehouse? 2 from one store and last one from another, but all from same store name. this is for my sons 95 chevy caprice 350.

first pump was bad on install, second pump lasted just over 1 week before started whinning, third pump whinned after 1 day.

could this all be from a bad shipment from thier warehouse? could I be doing something wrong? the pumps are in the tank and I'm getting tired of all the work to remove them.

why can't they put them back on the block or the side rails?

jakedrew
07-03-2009, 02:18 PM
happened to my buddy and his 96 chevy truck. he is on his 3rd pump now. one of them only lasted a week.

good luck

juicedimpss
07-03-2009, 02:34 PM
i would check to be sure the ground is good.also,that plug(power) under those cars is a shitty design.

cheap80Z28
07-04-2009, 01:23 AM
It turns out that we bought the cheapest one they sold....so we are trying a diff brand for a bit mor money. I'm getting pretty good at this. Didn't even need a flashlight to get the tank down or the lines disconnected.

Plum Crazy
07-04-2009, 11:16 AM
i have installed dozens of OEM pumps without any issues, they are pricy, but well worth it IMO.

brotherbenn83
07-04-2009, 02:21 PM
Just out of habit every time I replace a fuel pump I always change the fuel filter at the same time. That way if the thing was restricted causing the pump to work too hard and ultimately fail you are okay. Plus the fact a fuel filter is generally less than $20.

cheap80Z28
07-05-2009, 01:45 AM
for the warrenty you have to change the filter and screen.
got it all back together and then one line was leaking. just got home from partying and changed out the end piece than conects to the sending unit. so far so good. will check again in the morning before work, then down off the jacks.