PDA

View Full Version : Need some prayers - military guys inside please.

07ROUSHSTG3
07-01-2009, 10:36 PM
Minutes ago i received a call from my mother who was crying hysterically. My younger sister's boyfriend is currently serving in Iraq on his second tour of duty. He has been there for 4 weeks, and is over there with his brother. My sister recieved a call from a personal friend, who is also serving in Iraq that one of the brothers have died :crying. My sister is Kyle's emergency contact and as of yet has not heard anything. She is already on medication for depression and she took the deployment very hard. to say that I am scared shitless right now would be an understatement of epic proportion. any prayers would be appreciated.

also, does anyone know how long it usually takes to notify the emergency contact? the guy that called my sister said that it happened earlier in the day today over there. my sister has not talked to him since Sunday when he told her that she wouldn't here from him in a while since he had to go on a mission.

thanks guys and gals.

Silver03SRT
07-01-2009, 10:38 PM
Thoughts and prayers will be said tonight for family and friends.

Z28Envy
07-01-2009, 10:58 PM
This really sucks to hear about Eric! Either way it's a terrible loss and my thoughts and prayers are for your family!

07ROUSHSTG3
07-01-2009, 10:58 PM
praying like crazy that the guy that called my sis heard wrong.

Holeshot
07-01-2009, 11:02 PM
Minutes ago i received a call from my mother who was crying hysterically. My younger sister's boyfriend is currently serving in Iraq on his second tour of duty. He has been there for 4 weeks, and is over there with his brother. My sister recieved a call from a personal friend, who is also serving in Iraq that one of the brothers have died :crying. My sister is Kyle's emergency contact and as of yet has not heard anything. She is already on medication for depression and she took the deployment very hard. to say that I am scared shitless right now would be an understatement of epic proportion. any prayers would be appreciated.

also, does anyone know how long it usually takes to notify the emergency contact? the guy that called my sister said that it happened earlier in the day today over there. my sister has not talked to him since Sunday when he told her that she wouldn't here from him in a while since he had to go on a mission.

thanks guys and gals.

Usually 48 hr but Its not uncommon for up to 72 hours.

JBs92Lude
07-01-2009, 11:47 PM
My thoughts and prayers go out to them and their family.

Yooformula
07-01-2009, 11:57 PM
our prayers are with them.

07ROUSHSTG3
07-02-2009, 12:29 AM
haven't heard anything yet. talked to a buddy who just got back and he said that in his experience when there is a death, all communications from the base is shut down to prevent something like this?!?!? will have to wait until morning i guess.

thanks for the thoughts and prayers.

TheRX7Project
07-02-2009, 12:34 AM
I pray that all our soldiers come home safe.

Everyone is someone to someone, and it saddens me to hear things like this.

Sprayaway Fox
07-02-2009, 12:35 AM
Tell your lil sis to keep strong. Nate (white firebird, from the Big S) is over there too. I talk to him on FB chat once n a while and hes on his 2nd tour too. Ill say a prayer tonight.

97z2801ss
07-02-2009, 02:56 AM
as well I coop hope all turns out well!!!

CATNHAT
07-02-2009, 06:08 AM
Thoughts and prayers!

TraceDaddy
07-02-2009, 08:15 AM
We'll be thinking about you.

07ROUSHSTG3
07-02-2009, 08:52 AM
no update as of yet. It was a long night to say the least. No contact from Kyle or his brother. My sister hasn't called their parents because she does not want to scare them and get them worried. I have talked to a couple guys that were over there and they said that if it was "killed in action" scenario, the family is notified as soon as possible, to prevent things like this. for another soldier to call someones family and say "hey, i heard one of them are dead" isn't right IMO, friend or not. I really hope that the guy that called my sister was misinformed. If it is true, I really wish that he wouldn't have called and just let the river run its course. Both Kyle and his brother were planning on being back on base on Sunday after their mission, so it will be a long weekend if we don;t hear anything.

and don't pray for me, i will be fine, pray for all the men and women over there that they come home safe. :)

Exitspeed
07-02-2009, 08:56 AM
Thoughts and prayers also.

Rifleman WI
07-02-2009, 12:36 PM
Thoughts and prayers with him, sometimes it takes a while to contact if their personal info isnt filled out right with their leadership.. actually happened with me.. something happened to my wife, they had her phone number wrong, ended up calling my parents at 4 am to get her right number. im over here right now too, he didnt happen to be with the WI National Guard did he? i know they just got here.

07ROUSHSTG3
07-02-2009, 12:58 PM
i do not think that he is part of the guard. I know he was stationed at camp bucca and he was with "charlie" company?!?!? i was under the assumption that he was more or less just working as a prison guard, but i guess they get sent out for missions too??

thank you for your service, come home safe!

Sprayaway Fox
07-02-2009, 01:09 PM
i do not think that he is part of the guard. I know he was stationed at camp bucca and he was with "charlie" company?!?!? i was under the assumption that he was more or less just working as a prison guard, but i guess they get sent out for missions too??

thank you for your service, come home safe!

Hey Nates stationed there Too! (Camp Bucca) I dont know how that covert op station name stuff works, but is there more than 1 Camp Bucca? If I catch him on FB What is the guys name? Hit me with a PM if ya dont wanna give his name out Eric.

07ROUSHSTG3
07-02-2009, 01:33 PM
yeah, kim's cousin is also stationed at Camp Bucca. Unfortunetly she didn't log on to facebook last night, which only made things worse. i was told by a buddy who served last year, that sometimes when something bad happens, they will shut down all communications?!?!? he said they did that when he was over there and a soldier from a unit based at his base was killed. no phone calls going out, no internet, no nothing. said that they did it to make sure that they had a chance to notify the family before anyone else found out.

07ROUSHSTG3
07-02-2009, 02:12 PM
well, just got sort of an update. my sis just spoke to another one of our friends in the military. this guy served with Kyle during his first tour. he made a few calls and he was told that nobody stationed at camp buccha has been killed in action this week. still not out of the woods yet, but that helps a lot. also the soldier that called my sister and told her the news, has since called and apologized. he said he should have never done that. he admitted that there are a lot of rumours over there and that he was out of line.

also i think he is in the 32nd charlie company, if that means anything. he may be part of the reserves, but i was pretty sure that he went full time before this last tour?!?!?

again, a big thanks to all who serve and their families. it is a lot different when it is not just another name on the news.

Holeshot
07-02-2009, 05:46 PM
Im willing to bet his C.O. caught wind of this and made him all to apologize. If the J.A.G. is made aware of that call he could lose rank and pay.

07ROUSHSTG3
07-06-2009, 08:03 AM
Well my sis recieved a call from Kyle yesturday. both him and his brother returned from their mission safely. thanks for all the thoughts. was a long few days!

johnny--2k
07-06-2009, 01:41 PM
Glad to hear everything is well! A big thanks to all the Military out there, be safe!

Reverend Cooper
07-06-2009, 07:08 PM
It's not abnormal to shut off communications when a death occurs,just so they can notify relatives before word of mouth,get ahold of the red cross or the uso.They may be of assistance. God speed Eric and family