PDA

View Full Version : Do you remember the Waupaca deer slaughter guys? Did it upset you? Click here.....

badass88gt
06-28-2009, 10:58 PM
http://www.snowmobilefanatics.com/forum/topic/102391/display.aspx

This is a letter to the District Attorney expressing our disgust. To sum it up, these 3 clowns tortured those deer and the first trial is over. The judge threw out every felony count against the guy because he claimed he was "hunting" so animal cruelty laws dont apply.

I dont know about you, but I dont see how this is possible, nobody I know hunts deer at night, on stolen snowmobiles, without a gun. They ran them down, dragged them behind the sled, and hung one up in a tree. Here is a link to the police report....http://www.leadertelegram.com/NewsLinks/Deer.pdf

If this upsets you or you think these guys should pay for this crime, please click the first link, download the letter and mail it to the DA to show the public outrage to this. Thanks-Dan

07ROUSHSTG3
06-29-2009, 07:21 AM
yeah, i heard this and was pissed. that guy will get what is coming to him someday.

badass88gt
06-29-2009, 12:12 PM
Took this from another site.

"If I understand the news story correctly, The states attorney general is reviewing the case. If you could one step farther and send a copy of your letters to him, it will show him that there is a NATIONAL spotlight on this case. I have enclosed his contact information below."

Attorney General's Office
J.B. Van Hollen, Attorney General
114 East, State Capitol
P.O. Box 7857
Madison WI 53707-7857
Phone: (608) 266-1221
Fax: (608) 267-8902

I called his office and was told to fax all letters to (608) 267-2779 which is in his office.

:)

07ROUSHSTG3
06-29-2009, 12:20 PM
i just do not understand how he can say he was hunting. he was on someone elses land, at night, with no valid season open, and they obviously did not have a legal weapon. i am baffled by this?!?!

PonyKiller87
06-29-2009, 12:22 PM
So if he claims hunting can't the DNR then throw the book at him? I know there are tons of steep fines and penalties from them for illegal hunting.

07ROUSHSTG3
06-29-2009, 12:25 PM
So if he claims hunting can't the DNR then throw the book at him? I know there are tons of steep fines and penalties from them for illegal hunting.

yeah, unless the guy is a native american or something?!?! then i would think the DNR would be pretty helpless. he was still on private property though and still tortured and killed those deer. this really pisses me off. more so because of the snowmobiling aspect. sooo many black eyes for the sport in the last few years. :mad:

badass88gt
06-29-2009, 12:29 PM
There is no way he was hunting. He parked a studded track on top of a deer and launched. No matter how you look at it, that is animal cruelty.

88Nightmare
06-29-2009, 12:47 PM
only one of them had their charges dismissed. the other two still have their original charges pending.

07ROUSHSTG3
06-29-2009, 10:27 PM
only one of them had their charges dismissed. the other two still have their original charges pending.

heard on fox 6 that another one had charges dropped. now both brothers are clear of federal charges. the other piece of garbage is still being charged as of now. he has a court date next month.

seriously, what the hell is going on??

88Nightmare
06-29-2009, 10:34 PM
yeah of federal charges.... what about state charges?

only one brother is clear of state charges. The other two's charges remain so far

07ROUSHSTG3
06-29-2009, 10:38 PM
yeah of federal charges.... what about state charges?

only one brother is clear of state charges. The other two's charges remain so far

fox 6 said that both brothers now had charges dropped and only one still had the federal cruelty charges pending. the kuenzi brothers now only have misdemeanors (sp)?!?!? the second brother used the hunting defense, the same as his brother.

88Nightmare
06-29-2009, 10:42 PM
Rory Kuenzi:

http://wcca.wicourts.gov/caseDetails.do;jsessionid=422CF4FDAA473D70AB0A82C8 BE2653E1.render6?caseNo=2009CF000009&countyNo=68&cacheId=CC3BD4B5A958B649D046F75D8F49C424&recordCount=27&offset=7&mode=details&submit=View+Case+Details

still has 6 counts of: Mistreatment of Animals/Cause Death (Felony)
1 count of: Take and Drive Vehicle w/o Consent
1 count of: Theft-Movable Property <=$2500

07ROUSHSTG3
06-29-2009, 10:48 PM
Rory Kuenzi:

http://wcca.wicourts.gov/caseDetails.do;jsessionid=422CF4FDAA473D70AB0A82C8 BE2653E1.render6?caseNo=2009CF000009&countyNo=68&cacheId=CC3BD4B5A958B649D046F75D8F49C424&recordCount=27&offset=7&mode=details&submit=View+Case+Details

still has 6 counts of: Mistreatment of Animals/Cause Death (Felony)
1 count of: Take and Drive Vehicle w/o Consent
1 count of: Theft-Movable Property <=$2500

i sure hope you are right. according to fox 6, which i just rewatched on the dvr, both brothers' charges were dropped. :confused

88Nightmare
06-29-2009, 10:49 PM
federal and state are two totally different

07ROUSHSTG3
06-29-2009, 10:51 PM
http://www.fox11online.com/dpp/news/crime/news_local_wluk_da_wont_drop_rory_kuenzi_200906291 015_rev1

found it. charges dropped. really sucks.

07ROUSHSTG3
06-29-2009, 10:56 PM
Judge dismisses deer
cruelty charges
Rory Kuenzi still faces lessor
hunting charges
Updated: Monday, 29 Jun 2009, 5:51 PM CDT
Published : Monday, 29 Jun 2009, 10:41 AM CDT

WAUPACA - Hours after prosecutors declined to dismiss any charges against Rory Kuenzi, Waupaca County Judge Philip Kirk issued an order dismissing felony animal cruelty charges.

Kuenzi is one of three men charged in Waupaca County with allegedly running down deer on snowmobiles, killing them last winter.

The ruling Monday reflects a similar decision in a co-defendent's case.

The animal cruelty charges against Robby Kuenzi - Rory's brother - were dismissed several weeks ago after his attorney successfully argued that state law prohibits cruelty charges against those who are hunting. The judge ruled since prosecutors filed several misdemeanor and ordinance violations, alleging such crimes as hunting without a license and hunting during a closed season, that the animal cruelty charges be dismissed.

The county has asked the Attorney General's office to appeal the decision in Robby Kuenzi's case. A spokesman said Monday no decision about an appeal had been made.

Rory Kuenzi's attorney then made the same arguments, but to a different judge. Last week, Judge Philip Kirk gave the Waupaca County District Attorney's office until today to make a decision. But in a letter to the judge filed this morning, Asst. D.A. Jim Fassbender said he stands by his original charging decision and would not dismiss any counts.

Fassbender declined to comment further.

Early Monday afternoon, Judge Kirk followed through on comments he made in court last week and dismissed the felony animal cruelty charges.

Each of the six animal cruelty counts carried a maximum penalty of 3 years, 6 months in prison, if convicted. The misdemeanor offenses could result in jail time and ordinance violations can only result in fines.

A third man, Nicholas Hermes, faces a similar set of charges. He returns to court July 22.

88Nightmare
06-29-2009, 11:10 PM
sounds like just one of the brothers got their shit dropped, unless I read it wrong

moels
06-29-2009, 11:23 PM
Such a huge story when it happened I thought these fucking tards were fucked for sure. The system is sooo fucked up I can't even believe it.

badass88gt
06-30-2009, 12:05 AM
It doesnt matter. If one gets the charges dropped, all 3 will. If you read the police report it seems that the 2 brothers are the guilty ones, the 3rd guy didnt really have anything to do with it.

I had read online from a local Waupaca guy that Rory has gotten off the hook in the past, apparantly he got into a fight at the bar a few years ago with a guy, a couple days later he runs the guy down as he walked down the road one night, and Rory gets off because he "thought he hit a deer". Whether that story is true or not, I cant say 100%, just repeating what I read.

07ROUSHSTG3
06-30-2009, 07:10 AM
sounds like just one of the brothers got their shit dropped, unless I read it wrong

you read it wrong. both ROBBY and RORY have now had the charges dropped.

07ROUSHSTG3
06-30-2009, 07:36 AM
It doesnt matter. If one gets the charges dropped, all 3 will. If you read the police report it seems that the 2 brothers are the guilty ones, the 3rd guy didnt really have anything to do with it.

I had read online from a local Waupaca guy that Rory has gotten off the hook in the past, apparantly he got into a fight at the bar a few years ago with a guy, a couple days later he runs the guy down as he walked down the road one night, and Rory gets off because he "thought he hit a deer". Whether that story is true or not, I cant say 100%, just repeating what I read.

i thought that i read that he was still going to be charged for that. who knows. these people are dirtballs.

88Nightmare
06-30-2009, 12:15 PM
well that blows

07ROUSHSTG3
06-30-2009, 12:25 PM
well that blows

yeah. a pretty slick move by the lawyer. think about it. tell the judge that they were hunting and take the fines and penalties associated with that rather than what they should have gotten. that lawyer just earned his pay. sad sad world.

badass88gt
06-30-2009, 01:53 PM
I dont understand how the judge could accept the fact that they were hunting, in the nighttime, on snowmobiles with no weapons?

Anyway, hopefully the state Attorney General will do something about this.

88Nightmare
06-30-2009, 02:03 PM
I dont understand how the judge could accept the fact that they were hunting, in the nighttime, on snowmobiles with no weapons?

so parking ontop of a deer and then rompin the throttle WOT using your studded track to rip up a deer is now hunting? :confused

07ROUSHSTG3
06-30-2009, 02:14 PM

in that case, when someone shoots someone on the street, their lawyer could argue that they were target shooting and missed. take the local fines for shooting a gun in the city and get the murder charges thrown out :rolleyes:. seems like a very scary precedent. that is like charging the drunk driver with speeding, but not DWI.

jakedrew
06-30-2009, 03:13 PM
i guess i got to make sure my snowmobile is tuned up good for thanksgiving weekend.

/ shakes head

u_say_go
07-01-2009, 09:18 AM
lawyer definitely did his homework and earned his money with this case. The whole story is phucked up and those guys deserve to get a studded track in the gut, BUT....would this even be an issue if those deer were, say, field mice? Only reason this got so much attention and outraged so many people is becuase the animals killed were pretty deer, "Bambi". Would anyone give a shit if it was a mouse, or a snake?

88Nightmare
07-01-2009, 11:34 AM
dude, the odds of hitting a field mouse even intentionally, with a snowmobile, is slim to none. I don't think a mouse can easily be cornered in a fenced area, tied up, and drug behind a snowmobile.

07ROUSHSTG3
07-01-2009, 11:50 AM
dude, the odds of hitting a field mouse even intentionally, with a snowmobile, is slim to none. I don't think a mouse can easily be cornered in a fenced area, tied up, and drug behind a snowmobile.

:rolf
the thought of some redneck wearing carharts, on a 1989 polaris snowmobile chasing down field mice made me laugh.

"hey billy bob, der goes one of dem der field mice, grab dat fichin line and lets drag this bugger around!" :goof

GTSLOW
07-01-2009, 06:04 PM
Sick bastards.

u_say_go
07-02-2009, 09:38 AM

avoiding the question.....IF it were 20 mice that were intentionally run over with a snowmobile, would this be an issue?