PDA

View Full Version : Golden Corral coming to Oak Creek!

TheRX7Project
06-28-2009, 10:27 AM
I was on 27th last night and saw a sign saying "Coming Soon: Golden Corral".

Excellent. Now if we can get one put in up on the northside to keep the ghetto in the ghetto...

Car Guy
06-28-2009, 10:37 AM
It's no different than Old Country Buffet which has been around for years......

Korndogg
06-28-2009, 10:40 AM
its actually in franklin if I'm remembering correctly? I forgot which side of 27th I saw the sign on lol

HITMAN
06-28-2009, 02:36 PM
It's no different than Old Country Buffet which has been around for years......

The food at G.C. is quite a bit better than O.C.B.

Beagle
06-28-2009, 02:39 PM
its actually in franklin if I'm remembering correctly? I forgot which side of 27th I saw the sign on lol

East is OC and west side of 27th is Franklin :thumbsup

Korndogg
06-28-2009, 02:40 PM
East is OC and west side of 27th is Franklin :thumbsup

no shit.

I said I forgot which side of the street I saw the sign on.

Doc Brown
06-28-2009, 03:43 PM
I was on 27th last night and saw a sign saying "Coming Soon: Golden Corral".

Excellent. Now if we can get one put in up on the northside to keep the ghetto in the ghetto...
My dad visited the one in waukesha and said pretty much what you just said. "I like the food, but the customers suck". Parents let their kids run wild like it's chuck-e-cheese or something, and then make a mess at the food bar themselves because they don't have to clean it up. It's a shame.

But you know my dad, he's been going on about this new GC for a couple weeks now since he found out, so I'm surprised you didn't hear about it earlier.

TheRX7Project
06-28-2009, 05:26 PM
It's in Franklin then. It was across from Melrose and Menards.

Sometimes my buddies and I go there for breakfast after work (weekend breakfast buffet)... the ghetto doesn't get up for breakfast. I've also been there once for lunch and it wasn't TOO crowded yet. But go there anytime after 4 and you're screwed.

STANMAN
06-28-2009, 06:03 PM
Whenever I go to Brenspeed there's a GC there with "good" customers. It's actually a great place to chow down if the "customers" are actually human beings rather than trash (of any color). I mean you go to the one in Waukesha and it's garbage, I am sure this new one will be to, just to much trash around here.

2006wrxtr
06-28-2009, 06:20 PM
I deliver their linens. I wouldn't eat there if you paid me. Take a tour of the kitchen and you will feel the same. If you like shitty buffets join the Navy.

TheRX7Project
06-29-2009, 07:44 AM
What I don't see doesn't hurt me. My g/f is real crazy about this stuff too. "OMG they were on Dirty Dining! I'm not eating there!"

I didn't say we had to lick the bathroom floor, but honestly I could care less unless I actually see roaches or nastiness.

Got Boost
06-29-2009, 08:50 AM
The one in Kenosha is nearly as Ghetto as the one in Waukesha.... And technically on the tax roll both sides of 27th Street are in Oak Creeks tax district , I believe Franklin "Let" O.C. take both sides of 27th...In the 50s ... Bet their regretting that one:rolf

lordairgtar
06-29-2009, 05:54 PM
Gawd! All you can eat places have always attracted a huge cross section of society, good and bad. They think they are getting a deal. You should see those places on Easter, Christmas and Mother's day. Some churches rent buses and drive their parishioners in from cross town. My gramps would line his pockets with plastic baggies and sneak food out. My dad was the same. It was embarrassing.

Car Guy
06-29-2009, 07:35 PM
The food at G.C. is quite a bit better than O.C.B.

Well that's good to know; I was just at the Golden Corral in Green Bay a month or so ago and didn't think the 'food' was all that great, haven't been to an Old Country Buffet in years......:stare

Highly doubt I'll ever step foot in either place again, I would rather pay for quality opposed to sheer quantity and not get fat(er) in the process.....:thumbsup

URLOZIN
06-29-2009, 07:39 PM
Golden corral> old country buffet

88Nightmare
06-29-2009, 07:41 PM
anything > old country buffet

Lash
06-29-2009, 08:04 PM
Chinese buffet > Golden Corral buffet

88Nightmare
06-29-2009, 08:11 PM
agreed

TheRX7Project
06-30-2009, 07:40 AM
Depends on the Chinese Buffet. I got food poisoning from the one on 27th and Loomis.

HITMAN
06-30-2009, 09:32 PM
Depends on the Chinese Buffet. I got food poisoning from the one on 27th and Loomis.

X eleventy billion.

I've eaten at a few of the truly shitty buffet only Chinese joints. (^^^ New China Buffet comes to mind.... :puke) I'd rather eat a frozen dinner. Now I won't go to one unless it's at one of the regular Chinese restaurants I frequent. That way I know going in I'll like the food.

As for G.C. I think the food is pretty good, provided you don't expect too much. Not having the teeth of a Great White, I don't bother with the steak as it has the texture one would expect from a tire carcass. The fried chicken is good, the bourbon chicken is tasty, the pot roast rules, and the shrimp ain't bad. And it's one of the few places I can get hush-puppies. :thumbsup

Doc Brown
06-30-2009, 09:52 PM
X eleventy billion.

I've eaten at a few of the truly shitty buffet only Chinese joints. (^^^ New China Buffet comes to mind.... :puke) I ate jello there this one time that literally burned the inside of my mouth! Yes, jello. So at least OCB and GC have that going for them.