PDA

View Full Version : RSD pics

Z28Envy
06-27-2009, 01:10 AM
Went to RSD tonight. Took my Dad down to see the track as he has never been to one before. I took some quick picks while we watched. They pretty much all sucked but better than nothing I guess. This was about the worst RSD I have ever gone to as well.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/38471040@N05/show/

1siksrt
06-27-2009, 02:05 AM
I was in attendence and had a good time.. minus all the cars that broke and held up the racing :(

Josepy
06-27-2009, 02:08 AM
Went to RSD tonight. Took my Dad down to see the track as he has never been to one before. I took some quick picks while we watched. They pretty much all sucked but better than nothing I guess. This was about the worst RSD I have ever gone to as well.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/38471040@N05/show/

I had a good time. You should of told me you were going to be there. Could of gave you the ball joints.:thumbsup

Z28Envy
06-27-2009, 02:50 AM
I had a good time. You should of told me you were going to be there. Could of gave you the ball joints.:thumbsup

Didn't know you were there. Saw Ben once but didn't know where he went. It would have worked out good if I had known you were there.

Reverend Cooper
06-27-2009, 03:04 AM
Thanks to everyone for letting me drink all your beers,Myles your beer tasted the best.

STANMAN
06-27-2009, 07:27 AM
Had a good time. Ran a new best, but there's still work to be done. Saw quiet a few fellow BCMers down there, seemed to be a decent turn out. There didn't seem to be to many break downs, I mean I know I have been there when there we A LOT more. Got a decent amount of runs in I thought.

Deggy
06-27-2009, 08:59 AM
Had a good time. Ran a new best, but there's still work to be done. Saw quiet a few fellow BCMers down there, seemed to be a decent turn out. There didn't seem to be to many break downs, I mean I know I have been there when there we A LOT more. Got a decent amount of runs in I thought.

Any chance you could shoot me a PM and tell me what the car ran?

Just thought I'd ask.

Bobby "Big Daddy" Flay
06-27-2009, 09:01 AM
Didn't see you Josh. Should of got my attention.

STANMAN
06-27-2009, 09:38 AM
12.2@117.8 with a 1.8 60'. Tried different launches, but launch anything over 3500 and it blew the tires off. Ahhh well, like I said, still work to be done. Won every race I had except one. Shaun got some vids, I am sure he will be posting them.

Beagle
06-27-2009, 09:40 AM
jiga watt jiga watt jiga giga watt watt! Ben once again geeked out about the back to the future video again...... Was a nice turn out and a fun night. Weird that joe wasnt wasted as usual...

Josepy
06-27-2009, 09:52 AM
jiga watt jiga watt jiga giga watt watt! Ben once again geeked out about the back to the future video again...... Was a nice turn out and a fun night. Weird that joe wasnt wasted as usual...

You saw the 2 people I had to drive home.

Beagle
06-27-2009, 10:59 AM
You saw the 2 people I had to drive home.

yes I did. You have a ways to drive and that wouldnt be a good idea especially since you took the T/A down there.

Z28Envy
06-27-2009, 03:13 PM
12.2@117.8 with a 1.8 60'. Tried different launches, but launch anything over 3500 and it blew the tires off. Ahhh well, like I said, still work to be done. Won every race I had except one. Shaun got some vids, I am sure he will be posting them.

What time of the day/night did you run that time?

WhatsADSM
06-27-2009, 03:20 PM
Yea I had a good time there was an average amount of breakage considering the number of cars down there.

Prep was so so during the first part of the day but as it got later the air was a bit cooler and I also think the prep actually got a little better.

For my first RSD I had a good time. Few people tried to race for cash and I turned em down since most wanted to race for big money. In the end there wasn't enough time to run Ricky's SRT :(

STANMAN
06-27-2009, 03:31 PM
What time of the day/night did you run that time?

It was my 1st run of the day against a Camaro.

Beagle
06-27-2009, 04:00 PM
Im going to try and bring the beagle mobile ready to race at the next rsd. :wooo

Bobby "Big Daddy" Flay
06-27-2009, 05:25 PM
Coop was pissing me off all day repeating that video Beagle. Thanks.

Beagle
06-27-2009, 05:33 PM
You mean this video????

iGlrobvb-ao

Sorry Ben Michael Jackson died.

1320PNY
06-27-2009, 06:08 PM
etgQIm29JuY

Waver
06-27-2009, 06:33 PM
It was a fun time.....had a minor problem with the car on the third run, however I fixed that, and had to remember that I had more weight in the trunk of the car than I did last year.....Oh well....time to make the car faster

Beagle
06-27-2009, 06:36 PM
Yes make it faster that is what it is all about.

Waver
06-27-2009, 06:57 PM
That is the plan man

SBC-Fox
06-27-2009, 07:46 PM
You mean this video????

Sorry Ben Michael Jackson died.

Lol im know im behind the 8 ball never saw that vid its frickin hilarious:thumbsup

Beagle
06-27-2009, 08:03 PM
Lol im know im behind the 8 ball never saw that vid its frickin hilarious:thumbsup

Theres alot of funny videos like that. ball me blazer :thumbsup

michelle
06-27-2009, 08:44 PM
It was a fun time.....had a minor problem with the car on the third run, however I fixed that, and had to remember that I had more weight in the trunk of the car than I did last year.....Oh well....time to make the car faster

Time to throw a supercharger on it?

scaleracer
06-27-2009, 09:02 PM
Time to throw a supercharger on it?

I was waiting for someone to start this shit lol! :goof

1siksrt
06-27-2009, 11:59 PM
Yea I had a good time there was an average amount of breakage considering the number of cars down there.

Prep was so so during the first part of the day but as it got later the air was a bit cooler and I also think the prep actually got a little better.

For my first RSD I had a good time. Few people tried to race for cash and I turned em down since most wanted to race for big money. In the end there wasn't enough time to run Ricky's SRT :(

ya we ran damn near identical times a couple of passes would have been fun for sure...:headbang

WhatsADSM
06-28-2009, 12:28 AM
ya we ran damn near identical times a couple of passes would have been fun for sure...:headbang

I can't believe you red lighted against that evo! Otherwise it looked like you had him pretty easily.

Deggy
06-28-2009, 09:45 AM
:rolf:rolf:rolf:rolf @ gigawatt video.

WhatsADSM
06-28-2009, 09:46 AM
:rolf:rolf:rolf:rolf @ gigawatt video.
Speaking of... Anyone have a vid of my car on my last run?

Late, around 10:45 or so, against the convertible C5.

Beagle
06-28-2009, 01:39 PM

Your car looked bad ass!!! :thumbsup

1siksrt
06-28-2009, 06:04 PM
I can't believe you red lighted against that evo! Otherwise it looked like you had him pretty easily.

yep, -.02 redlight.... I spanked him pretty bad.. I was nervous about the awd factor and wanted to tree him in case he had a better 60', fail on both accts. i was def. faster and I had the better 60':fire

1siksrt
06-28-2009, 06:04 PM

pretty sure i have that video murray:thumbsup

Z28Envy
06-28-2009, 09:36 PM

Bob just curious what kind of times "should" your car be running? 12.2 seems slow to me with the suspension work you had mentioned you just got, mt dr's and a blower. I believe you said your car has like 450 whp right? Not trying to be a dick just wondering why that seems slow. Maybe that is what most mustangs run with the types of mods you have. I don't know much about Mustangs obiviously.

Beagle
06-28-2009, 10:00 PM
Bob just curious what kind of times "should" your car be running? 12.2 seems slow to me with the suspension work you had mentioned you just got, mt dr's and a blower. I believe you said your car has like 450 whp right? Not trying to be a dick just wondering why that seems slow. Maybe that is what most mustangs run with the types of mods you have. I don't know much about Mustangs obiviously.

What was the car trapping? I know you said your best 60 was a 1.8. I heard you ran a better time than this.......

1320PNY
06-29-2009, 05:35 AM
A supercharged Mustang with drag radials should be getting 1.65 60' times or better. The car is set up well, but without pure slicks, getting the launch is going to be tough.

I pegged this car for an 11.84 based on HP, Gears, weight. Now it's up to Bob to make it happen.

STANMAN
06-29-2009, 06:20 AM

The 60' times are killing me. 1st time out with the new DR's, can launch harder, but not as hard as I want. Launch at anything more than 3500 and it blows the tires off. The 117 trap times say I should be getting into the 11's, just have to get that 60' time down, because the MPH is there.

Waver
06-29-2009, 10:10 AM
Launching the mod motor cars seems to be the biggest challenge for a lot of people, in fact even the "pros" seem to have a tough time doing it even on drag radials......With time and getting used to the new setup, those 60' times should drop.....at least that is what I keep telling my self

STANMAN
06-29-2009, 04:04 PM
Launching the mod motor cars seems to be the biggest challenge for a lot of people, in fact even the "pros" seem to have a tough time doing it even on drag radials......With time and getting used to the new setup, those 60' times should drop.....at least that is what I keep telling my self

And then add a blower that has instant torque. The centri's are easier to launch as they act more like a turbo, it's not instant, they take time to make their max #'s. I am pretty happy with a low 12 street car. And as far as suspension, I am still running stock style suspension, just upgraded components. If I want to go really fast that will have to change, at least to a Watts link style system, that's what Brenspeed runs on their 10 second car.

Beagle
06-29-2009, 05:58 PM
All this makes me wish my car was able to race right now......

07ROUSHSTG3
06-29-2009, 09:29 PM
with 450 RWHP, the suspension mods that you have, and those big has rubbers on the back, 11s are there, you just have to find them.

are you still running the stock fuel pump?

STANMAN
06-29-2009, 09:32 PM
with 450 RWHP, the suspension mods that you have, and those big has rubbers on the back, 11s are there, you just have to find them.

are you still running the stock fuel pump?

Nope, GT500 fuel system.

07ROUSHSTG3
06-29-2009, 09:33 PM
Nope, GT500 fuel system.

:thumbsup

that's good.

Z28Envy
06-29-2009, 09:38 PM
Eric it's time to get your to the track. When are we going?

07ROUSHSTG3
06-29-2009, 09:42 PM
Eric it's time to get your to the track. When are we going?

well, i just sat down with the calender and realized that i am too damn busy again this year. would like to get down there and run you while your tranny is still slipping so i have a chance :thumbsup!

not sure. would almost have to be pretty soon if i want to go. once our addition is done in a few weeks, i get to move to the backyard and get that fixed up. then when that is done i get to work on the house up north. and if i get that done before winter, i get to work on the garage :rolleyes:. maybe next tuesday?!?!? if they still do Test and Tune on tuesdays, haven;t even checked out the website since i have no time :crying.

Z28Envy
06-29-2009, 09:48 PM
I would go down to GLD or up to WIR whenever you have time. Doesn't matter to me. Maybe go early on an RSD night at either location. Maybe Mike could come if he ever takes work off. I work nights as well but it's pretty easy for me to get off whenever I need too.

07ROUSHSTG3
06-29-2009, 09:51 PM
I would go down to GLD or up to WIR whenever you have time. Doesn't matter to me. Maybe go early on an RSD night at either location. Maybe Mike could come if he ever takes work off. I work nights as well but it's pretty easy for me to get off whenever I need too.

yeah, i would be a lot easier to go north. we will figure something out. the kid at work with the 2nd gen, is itching to race me with his mullet mobile. he wants to get to the track sometime pretty quick too. if only mike would just build a damn track so we wouldn't have to drive so far :).

Z28Envy
06-29-2009, 09:53 PM
I agree he needs to get on that! LOL