PDA

View Full Version : My Craigslist ad and the FBI.............

Russ Jerome
06-26-2009, 04:29 PM
I ran an ad and got the early replies I expected:

Hello.
I would like to buy your Honda Elite 150 scooterwhich you wanna for sale I saw the advert on craigslist and i am interested in buying it and i want it fast.I should have bargain on the price but due to my quick want of the item i would settle for that amount. I would like to make arrangement for the payment of the item now and i want you to know that i will be paying you with a cashier's check.If you are okay with my procedures you should get back with the name and address you want the cashier's check issued to so i can forward it to my secretary asap to write the cashier's check in the name provided and mail to the address with phone
number.
I would be so glad if you can sell this item to me as i am very much in need of it.As for the pick up i will have one of my worker to come for the pick up after you notify that you have got and cashed the cashier's check sent to you.Get back to me asap so i can know the next step
to take.
I will be waiting to read a reply from you soonest.
Stay Blessed and Best Regards.

Okay so I needed a new reply:

Sounds great! Send it right to my condo downtown and you can pick it up at the same address. Thank you very much and let me know if I can drop it off for you.

Sincerly
Richard K Ruminsky
330 E. Kilbourn Ave, Suite 600
Milwaukee, WI 53202

My buddy Dick over at the FBI doesnt take kindly to scammers....he owes me a beer for this idiots mailing route.

Yooformula
06-26-2009, 04:42 PM
I ran an ad and got the early replies I expected:

Hello.
I would like to buy your Honda Elite 150 scooterwhich you wanna for sale I saw the advert on craigslist and i am interested in buying it and i want it fast.I should have bargain on the price but due to my quick want of the item i would settle for that amount. I would like to make arrangement for the payment of the item now and i want you to know that i will be paying you with a cashier's check.If you are okay with my procedures you should get back with the name and address you want the cashier's check issued to so i can forward it to my secretary asap to write the cashier's check in the name provided and mail to the address with phone
number.
I would be so glad if you can sell this item to me as i am very much in need of it.As for the pick up i will have one of my worker to come for the pick up after you notify that you have got and cashed the cashier's check sent to you.Get back to me asap so i can know the next step
to take.
I will be waiting to read a reply from you soonest.
Stay Blessed and Best Regards.

Okay so I needed a new reply:

Sounds great! Send it right to my condo downtown and you can pick it up at the same address. Thank you very much and let me know if I can drop it off for you.

Sincerly
Richard K Ruminsky
Milwaukee, WI 53202

My buddy Dick over at the FBI doesnt take kindly to scammers....he owes me a beer for this idiots mailing route.

very nice!

HY35F2T
06-26-2009, 04:52 PM
ive gotten a few of those im guessin they want you to let them know?

BigSnailBuick
06-26-2009, 05:02 PM
Excellent to hear :)

Russ Jerome
06-26-2009, 05:05 PM
ive gotten a few of those im guessin they want you to let them know?

I doubt it, bigger fish to cook in there eyes.

I would like to find a local guy running these things and personely deliver an item to his door :) Record the whole event and post it on the web using a public computer, just pounding the crap outa some idiot for other scammers to see what could happen ;) Just too many people out there to kill, if I won the lottery I would be so busy you would die of exhaustion in a week.

xopher
06-26-2009, 05:23 PM
Milwaukee, WI 53202

Haha nice..I can't even remember how many times I've given this address out to shady folks :)

URLOZIN
06-26-2009, 06:15 PM
I've had over 20 of those emails. I can't wait til one of them slips up ad gives me info, that I can use to find them.

Russ Jerome
06-27-2009, 04:25 PM
And he replied! Check is on its way to the FBI office!

Hello ,
I am so happy to know that i would be the proud owner of the Honda Elite 150 Silverwing scooter in a short while.As a matter

of fact everything is going as planned in fact the payment is on the way and according to the

discussion that went on between me and my secretary she told me that the payment as been sent out to

you (Richard K Ruminsky,330 E. Kilbourn Ave, Suite 600,Milwaukee, WI 53202)..The payment should arrive in a short while

from now and please kindly let me know immediately you receive it
Please don't bother about any other buyer interested in the Honda Elite 150 Silverwing scooter and i would like you to remove

the ad from craigslist as my payment is already out to you.
But there was a little problem which i guess we can handle with trust and understanding.When i

contacted my secretary for an update on the payment, i got to know that there was a silly

misinterpretation while sending the cashier's check i ordered her to pay to you....according to the

instruction i gave to her, she was suppose to have sent you a payment of $1500 out of the money

instructed her to pay to our debtors at office, But instead,she sent a payment of $3,980 that meant

for one of our client and $1500 was sent to him. It was a terrible mistake, and the payment is already

out for delivery to your address on your name.She claimed that she thought the $3,980 was for you.But

i am quite sure that i told her to send to you just $1500 to you, but i guess she did not get it

straight, but that should not disturb our own transaction.What will happen is this,once you get the

payment you will go ahead to cash it immediately, and you will then remove a $1500 for you.You will

then send the excess fund to the coordinator in charge of the pick up via western union money transfer

or Money Gram International Transfer that same day and the western union/Money gram charges should be

deducted from the remainder with you after you have deducted the $1500 for the Honda Elite 150 Silverwing scooter and also another

$100 for your running around.
And since the payment is on the way to you now, i believe in you that you are an honest person and

i believe i can be assured in you that you can handle this matter with trust and understanding and

have the remainder sent to the coordinator in charge of pick up of the Honda Elite 150 Silverwing scooter at the courier services

to enable them proceed on the pick up.
Hope all is well?I have already tell my client that owns the remainder with you understand that his

money is in save hand that it will get to him.I wait to read from you to let me know that i can trust

in you to handle everything properly. I will be expecting your mail as soon as possible.
I am so excited doing business with you and I will be expecting your email soonest.
Stay Blessed.

I informed him the oversight on the dollar amount was not an issue, told him I actualy have spare cash handy to cover "his" oversight :)

Plum Crazy
06-27-2009, 07:47 PM
what is at that address?? i live in Racine.

subliminal1284
06-27-2009, 11:36 PM
What happens to the people who actually fall for this scam? Do they get charged with fraud or something?

URLOZIN
06-27-2009, 11:57 PM
What happens to the people who actually fall for this scam? Do they get charged with fraud or something?
They can be in a bad position. Because the banl wants their money back and if you were stupid enough to send the extra money back, you're screwed. They sent me a 13,000 dollar check, and another person sent me a 12,000 dollar check for my car when I was asking 9500.

Adamsy87
06-28-2009, 08:08 AM
what is at that address?? i live in Racine.

It's an FBI office downtown. My mom works in that same building.

Russ Jerome
06-28-2009, 09:04 PM
I just got another scammer to mail a $2000 check to a different employee at the FBI, this could get interesting.

xFullThrottlex
06-28-2009, 10:59 PM
haha i love this shit! Good to see someone giving these scammers what they deserve! Way to go Russ !!

ND4SPD
09-26-2010, 05:11 PM
Most of the time when these scammers do this they don't even care about the item you're selling. They send you a bunk check and ask you to send some of the remainder back via Western Union. It's called Advance Fee fraud or 419 fraud. 99% of the time they're in Nigeria, or Ghana and unfortunately there isn't anything the FBI can do about them. Now, if you REALLY want to stick it to them head over to 419 eater dot com. Basically the site gives you tips, resources, etc... to really screw with these guys. I had one idiot chasing a package all over Nigeria (called sending them on a Safari). Even if you don't want to join or spend time messing with these scammers make sure you check out the "Trophy Room" where there are hundereds of pictures of these idiots holding up signs saying various ridiculous stuff. They think that they're required to do this in order to pass a security check with WU to get their money. Plus some of the stories are priceless.

GHOSST
09-26-2010, 05:31 PM
I can't believe people actually fall for this crap.. if it sounds to good to be true, dammit most likely it is!!! I hate scammers... keep stickin it to them.

03Seville
09-26-2010, 05:46 PM
I can't believe people actually fall for this crap.. if it sounds to good to be true, dammit most likely it is!!! I hate scammers... keep stickin it to them.
x2

I cant even count how many of these stupid things ive got over the past couple years

Lash
09-26-2010, 06:26 PM
Kool. Congrats on the 1.5 year old thread.

:chair:

:wooo

jakedrew
09-26-2010, 06:27 PM
Good stuff! WAY to go on fvckin with them scammers! love it.

jbiscuit
09-26-2010, 06:27 PM
nothing will happen...which is why these fucktards keep running the same old tired scam. Even with it running on TV and all, they still try! Usually almost impossible to get them busted since they run the scam from Africa and the Middle East a lot of the time

DoubleAron
09-26-2010, 06:38 PM
It's an FBI office downtown. My mom works in that same building.

Oh man you did it now, Andy's going to be hanging out there stalking her now.:rolf

ND4SPD
09-26-2010, 07:03 PM
Old or not it's still pertinent information and I don't think I've passed on the 419 info before.

03Seville
09-26-2010, 07:05 PM

:chair:

:wooo

wow, didnt even look at the dates lol...

Russ Jerome
09-26-2010, 07:21 PM

My fault, linked it to another scammer thread, love messing with scammers :)