PDA

View Full Version : Local atv trails??

HP ADDICT
06-25-2009, 10:26 PM
Anyone have a suggestion for decent atv trails in the area. Not bong but within 2-3 hrs of Milwaukee?

DynoTom
06-25-2009, 11:20 PM
The BUNKHOUSE RETREAT is a 3 hour drive from Stallis.....It's WELL worth the drive !:banana1:

HP ADDICT
06-25-2009, 11:23 PM
Is that mainly for sport quads? I'm bringing a girl with me and mainly wanted to ride trails. Does it cost money? Thanks!

DynoTom
06-25-2009, 11:30 PM
Is that mainly for sport quads? I'm bringing a girl with me and mainly wanted to ride trails. Does it cost money? Thanks!

The BUNKHOUSE has sumthing for ANY type of rider....I like jumps, flat out haulin azz , sand and sliding through corners but, if you want to ride the trails up there ( 400 miles of trails ) they are pefect for you too !

You will see PLENTY of 2 up ATV's out there on the trails , those riders prolly go 100's of miles in a weekend if not more , the way we ride we are really wiped out in about 4 or 5 hours of riding .....

The Bunkhouse is a really nice place , the state trails are free as long as you have a current state registration sticker.....

Moparjim
06-26-2009, 09:43 AM
I go to Dyracuse its in the town of Rome just north of the Dells, near Wisconsin Rapids about 3 hours away. Dyracuse is a club park, they charge $10 for the day and have a nice parking lot, tons of trails, motocross track, etc. Then you can legally ride all over Rome on the streets - anyone over the age of 12! Some of the streets havea 55 mph speed limit. You can ride to 4 lakes - Arrowhead, Camelot, Pettenwell, and one other one - you can literally ride right up to the beach, get off, and hop in the lakes. There is also a DNR park Bentley Hills that is free and you can ride right over and into it with a ton of trails. Its a great time, and I bet a girl would love it - cruise around the area great scenery, ride the trails, hit the beaches.

SSLEVO
07-02-2009, 07:58 AM
I go to Dyracuse its in the town of Rome just north of the Dells, near Wisconsin Rapids about 3 hours away. Dyracuse is a club park, they charge $10 for the day and have a nice parking lot, tons of trails, motocross track, etc. Then you can legally ride all over Rome on the streets - anyone over the age of 12! Some of the streets havea 55 mph speed limit. You can ride to 4 lakes - Arrowhead, Camelot, Pettenwell, and one other one - you can literally ride right up to the beach, get off, and hop in the lakes. There is also a DNR park Bentley Hills that is free and you can ride right over and into it with a ton of trails. Its a great time, and I bet a girl would love it - cruise around the area great scenery, ride the trails, hit the beaches.

Sounds like a cool place, dirt bike friendly?

Moparjim
07-06-2009, 08:26 AM
yes I think so. I am not sure on the riding of dirt bikes on the streets like you can with the ATVs, but the Dyracuse place has a bunch of trails and a motocross and a supercross track and there are always tons of dirtbikes there.

Smokey1226
07-06-2009, 11:05 AM
Im going to have to check out both places, because i have outgrown Bong and most anything around here and am ready for some new trails/tracks

Thanks for the info guys!

DirtyMax
07-06-2009, 11:41 AM
There's always the Cheese County trails out by Monroe too. If they're still open??? It's been a while for me.

Smokey1226
07-06-2009, 01:34 PM
There's always the Cheese County trails out by Monroe too. If they're still open??? It's been a while for me.
tri county trails . com

i was just looking at them actually!

Anakonda69
07-06-2009, 01:40 PM
go to the pipeline. lol

Smokey1226
07-06-2009, 01:56 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VpdQyb1yrJY

SmokinRAM114
07-06-2009, 03:49 PM
i used to go up to dyracuse all the time. they have a "outdoor" style motocross track thats all sand and a clay "supercross" style track and has some jumps. everything up there is sand. the trails on the grounds are mx/atv. the trails around town are atv ONLY.

this is from the "sx track" old school circa 2004/05?
http://c3.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images01/38/l_d47e1d1d985dd904a519c5d8b1046aaa.jpg

cyclone70
07-06-2009, 04:02 PM
My family and I went and did the Tri-county trail. It's nice and flat running along an old railroad bed. Great first trail for us to get a feel for our quads. We went in May. Also did Bong down in Kenosha, very rutty and alot more agressive.

SSLEVO
07-06-2009, 09:58 PM
I just picked up a yz426f and was thinking about hitting up the Bong rec area, seems like its not too crazy but a place to try it out at least.

T-Bag
07-08-2009, 12:44 PM
Oconto county/dusty trails is awesome. Pipeline is on it too.

HP ADDICT
07-08-2009, 12:53 PM
Well lets set up a ride!

SSLEVO
07-09-2009, 09:51 PM
I'm game, i need to tune er up a bit this weekend and change the tires.

Does anyone know where i can get the dirt bike tires swaped over?

I've done it before but i have these shitty irons and its not going so great.