PDA

View Full Version : project WTF?

Yeehaw
06-24-2009, 11:24 PM
figured id share my newest project, bought this off rally scort for a couple hundred bucks to build a cool little street truck. Figured i had played with enough 4x4s time for a low mean 2wder. its getting a turbo 2.3 from an 87 thunderbird, also got an 8.8 posi for it, going to be dropped down a good amount too but we shall see what the future brings!

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y291/sriddccrocks/ranger.jpg
http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y291/sriddccrocks/turbomotor.jpg
http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y291/sriddccrocks/turbot3.jpg

Gregor
06-25-2009, 04:58 AM
nice pm inbound

MurphysLaw88GT
06-26-2009, 11:14 AM
tur30

Good luck on your project

Irish
06-26-2009, 06:15 PM
Is the turbo ford blue?

DurtyKurty
06-27-2009, 01:41 PM
is it done yet? :)

Russ Jerome
06-27-2009, 02:37 PM
Flavio (El Nino) and a few other guys localy have run into the 8's with the 2.3. Its a very similar foundation as the 2.2/2.5 family of Mopars, cheap and can handle boost well with enough fuel.

Cool project, may have an intercooler for you if you dont have one yet. I mounted a Freightliner semi truck cooler in a Dodge Dakota so anything is possible :)

Yeehaw
06-28-2009, 01:26 PM
haha that would be awesome russ!

i have the stock intercooler, and yes dude before me painted the turbo ford blue i believe why no idea....hopefully this week i can get the old motor/trans out, kurt i will be in touch this week about getting those parts so i can get moving forward on it

rally_scort
06-28-2009, 01:46 PM

i have the stock intercooler, and yes dude before me painted the turbo ford blue i believe why no idea....hopefully this week i can get the old motor/trans out, kurt i will be in touch this week about getting those parts so i can get moving forward on it

where did the motor come from? I remember seeing a motor similar in a grey turbocoupe a couple years back.It used to be my motor out of my coupe.

Russ Jerome
06-28-2009, 03:18 PM

Im out back right now, have a HUGE 3'x3' semi cooler, it would probably have to be bed mounted. I tend to agree with Corky Bell on intercooler placement: "An intercooler mounted in the next county will still pressurize quicker than you can blink with the correct sized turbo". Turbos are high volume low pressure pumps, you stock turbo could pressurize your living room in seconds.

I also have some smaller stock sized coolers, very similar to the Ford style t-bird coolers.I have actualy welded as many as three together to raise CFM and efficency.

Yeehaw
06-28-2009, 03:48 PM
where did the motor come from? I remember seeing a motor similar in a grey turbocoupe a couple years back.It used to be my motor out of my coupe.

not sure my buddy ferris had it in his garage which he bought off a guy who lived in racine who was on the ranger forums

DurtyKurty
06-29-2009, 08:29 PM
If you want a big arse intercooler, go for it. But, just to give a point of reference, I've got a normal 19 x 6 intercooler on my ranger and it keeps the the temps within 15-20 degrees of ambient. Keeping your compressor in it's efficient range goes a very long way on intake temps as well.