PDA

View Full Version : North side restaurant recommendation NEEDED

brotherbenn83
06-24-2009, 09:04 PM
I am taking my wife to the Sybaris on Friday nite and would like to take her for dinner beforehand. I know there are a lot of fellow "eating enthusiasts" on here (see the McGangbang thread) and have gotten good advice in the past from here.

So please, feel free to share if you know a good restaurant in the area. My Aunt recommended The Riversite, but that might be a little bit pricey/ excessively fancy for a blue collar slob like me.

Thanks,
Ben

JC70SS
06-24-2009, 09:19 PM
Try the black kettle on 107th st and Brown Deer rd. Other wise in Mequon Alpine Village is a good German joint or maybe the Highlander house is a little more Casual.

STANMAN
06-24-2009, 09:24 PM
If you are willing to go out a little bit the Butler Inn in Pewaukee is very nice, best steak you will ever eat (louies 5 star). If you want to stay on the NS, the Black Kettle is a very good suggestion. All you can eat king crab legs FTW (a little pricey though, as you can imagine).

xxtremeteam
06-24-2009, 09:33 PM
never been here myself but hear its cool owned by Doug Neidermeyer from animal house movie
http://www.libby-montana.com/

H8RADE
06-24-2009, 09:42 PM
never been here myself but hear its cool owned by Doug Neidermeyer from animal house movie
http://www.libby-montana.com/

Negative.
Ownership was by Mark Metcalf and Linda Wick.
Linda always ran the place, and Mark just worked as a greeter sometimes.
They are divorced now, and Mark sold his share of the restaurant to Linda last summer.
Still, great place to eat with great atmosphere.
:thumbsup

xxtremeteam
06-24-2009, 09:48 PM
sorry didnt know that just heard it was cool/good on the other hand there is a brewcity bbq on the site with sybaris also good food

H8RADE
06-24-2009, 09:53 PM
If you are heading to the Sybaris, I would recommend grabbing a sammich and a tetanus shot on the way.
Save you some hassle later.

Bobby "Big Daddy" Flay
06-24-2009, 09:55 PM
If you are heading to the Sybaris, I would recommend grabbing a sammich and a tetanus shot on the way.

Awesome commentary:rolf

Car Guy
06-24-2009, 10:33 PM
The Black Kettle gets my vote.....:thumbsup

SSLEVO
06-24-2009, 10:36 PM

I thought about going there with the woman but even with all the "cleaning" they claim, i still don't know about that place, lol.

HITMAN
06-24-2009, 10:40 PM

:rolf:rolf:rolf:rolf:rolf:rolf
The level of wit just hasn't been the same around here since your departure. Nice to have you back.:thumbsup

lordairgtar
06-24-2009, 11:13 PM
I never understood the appeal of Sybaris. All that money for a couple of hours, and you still have to provide your own woman. X2 on the clean issue.

SSLEVO
06-25-2009, 02:35 PM
I never understood the appeal of Sybaris. All that money for a couple of hours, and you still have to provide your own woman. X2 on the clean issue.

LOL, woman not included

brotherbenn83
06-25-2009, 04:26 PM

My older brother took his gf there last year and really thought it was nice. So he gave us a gift certificate to stay there...so it isn't costing me anything. Nice to have an older sib that makes $100k+/yr.

brotherbenn83
06-25-2009, 04:30 PM

I think penicillin would have been a better choice, I doubt there are many rusty nails laying around to contract tetanus....

Brian98GTP
06-25-2009, 05:34 PM
Isn't there a nice place right across the street from the Sybaris? The Spaghetti Factory or something??

buttersgt350
06-26-2009, 06:26 PM
the wife and i went to sybaris a couple years ago and it was a good time (of course). but the room was really nice. have fun.

nismodave
06-26-2009, 06:41 PM
Take her here...Its right up the road...One of the nicest Resturaunts around..

http://riversiterestaurant.com/