PDA

View Full Version : Question for everyone.

Nix
06-24-2009, 09:39 AM
Why dosen't Summerfest sell shots/hard liquor?

I've always wondered why and the people I've asked have no idea either.

Is it a license thing?

They could make a killing if they sold mixed drinks and shot I think.

Anakonda69
06-24-2009, 09:41 AM
pretty sure it's has to do with licensing. same reason why all festivals only have beer. which seems to be enough for most of the drunkards at the festivals. no hard liquor needed. lol

juicedimpss
06-24-2009, 09:42 AM
Why dosen't Summerfest sell shots/hard liquor?

I've always wondered why and the people I've asked have no idea either.

Is it a license thing?

They could make a killing if they sold mixed drinks and shot I think.

my best guess is this...
there are enough fights with them selling only beer and wine coolers,how bad would it be if they had real booze?
another thing to think about,more people can drink more beer than they can hard liquor.im betting they want to keep selling the product with the highest profit margin.

Karps TA
06-24-2009, 10:01 AM
Considering the ridiculous price of beer, a shot would probably be $15.

They already make a killing selling beer. There's what roughly 150 14oz glasses of beer in a half barrel. At $4.50 a beer they make $675 a barrel that I doubt they even pay more then $60 for. They used to make a killing selling beer back when it was $1.

Silver03SRT
06-24-2009, 10:07 AM
This is what I will be using this year. Past number of years I would always put booze in a ziplock and stuff it in my boxers. Worked like a charm.
http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d161/Muskiefisher/pocket.jpg

u_say_go
06-24-2009, 10:18 AM
Considering the ridiculous price of beer, a shot would probably be $15.

They already make a killing selling beer. There's what roughly 150 14oz glasses of beer in a half barrel. At $4.50 a beer they make $675 a barrel that I doubt they even pay more then $60 for. They used to make a killing selling beer back when it was $1.

they set the price high to "try" controlling the amount of beer people consume. If beer was $2 a cup think of how many blind-drunk idiots would be down there. It's bad enough the way it is, that's why you don't see a lot of families down there, mine included. Nobody wants to deal with drunk assholes, and that's all Summerfest is.

Karps TA
06-24-2009, 10:28 AM
being drunk is the only reason to go to Summerfest. The bands sound like shit, the food is worse and more expensive every year, and it's got more topless fat people per sq foot then anyplace else in the world.

It's always had drunk people, even when beer was cheap. The price of the alcohol will never be a factor to how many drunk assholes are there.

IMO Summerfest is only a family event till like 5 or 6pm. Then it's for adults. And it's NEVER a place for people to bring kids under 5.

juicedimpss
06-24-2009, 10:30 AM
they set the price high to "try" controlling the amount of beer people consume. If beer was $2 a cup think of how many blind-drunk idiots would be down there. It's bad enough the way it is, that's why you don't see a lot of families down there, mine included. Nobody wants to deal with drunk assholes, and that's all Summerfest is.

well put.

Silver03SRT
06-24-2009, 11:10 AM
They pay more for a barrel then you or I would at the liqour store thanks to doyle. They pay heavy tax on booze and can only get it from certain places. I heard this from multiple people that I know who either own or manage their own bar/ restraunt

Holeshot
06-24-2009, 01:52 PM
pretty sure it's has to do with licensing. same reason why all festivals only have beer. which seems to be enough for most of the drunkards at the festivals. no hard liquor needed. lol

LOL Best answer ever.:rolf

wikked
06-24-2009, 02:27 PM
This is what I will be using this year. Past number of years I would always put booze in a ziplock and stuff it in my boxers. Worked like a charm.
http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d161/Muskiefisher/pocket.jpg

Where would one happen to be able to purchase these? :thumbsup
I've been doing the bottle taped to inner thigh, or airline bottles in sides of shoes... ouch.

Andy6789
06-24-2009, 02:33 PM
Where would one happen to be able to purchase these? :thumbsup
I've been doing the bottle taped to inner thigh, or airline bottles in sides of shoes... ouch.

Just where cargo shorts and put what ever you want in a water bottle, I do it every year and never have a problem.

-stew-
06-24-2009, 02:47 PM
Nobody wants to deal with drunk assholes, and that's all Summerfest is.

being drunk is the only reason to go to Summerfest.

WINNERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I hate Sufferfest. I used to go just cause my friends were going, now I'd rather sit at home alone. There is no reason other than getting drunk to go there. If I wanna go get stupid drunk, I don't wanna do it around 100,000 other people who are stupid drunk. I'll go to the bar, eat, drink, buy drinks and get a cab ride home for less money and have a better time.

Plum Crazy
06-24-2009, 04:04 PM
They pay more for a barrel then you or I would at the liqour store thanks to doyle. They pay heavy tax on booze and can only get it from certain places. I heard this from multiple people that I know who either own or manage their own bar/ restraunt

i used to deliver beer, a half of miller lite runs a bar 90 bucks, which includes a 30 dollar deposit, so 60/barrel.

Silver03SRT
06-24-2009, 04:46 PM
You can buy them at bluemound liquor but they may be out of vodka seeing I bought a whole box

wikked
06-24-2009, 05:33 PM
You can buy them at bluemound liquor but they may be out of vodka seeing I bought a whole box

lol niiice.

Bottle in the cargo shorts is hit or miss, because some people still do the old school pat downs.

Russ Jerome
06-24-2009, 05:40 PM
At $4.50 a beer they make $675 a barrel that I doubt they even pay more then $60 for.

I thought Summerfest got much more than that dont they?

Karps TA
06-24-2009, 05:45 PM
could be, I was trying to guess low.

I mostly go to eat the great food that you can't find anywhere else. To be able to eat such local hard to find delicasies such as Cousins, Wendy's, Wong's Wok, etc... I miss the days when it was mostly small local restuarants, instead of almlost nothing but chains.

Plum Crazy
06-24-2009, 05:53 PM
there was a tent selling mixed drinks for alot, my buddy got a 12 oz glass of just Vodka for like 10 bucks (he knew the chick that was mixing drinks)

BoosTT
06-24-2009, 06:50 PM
I heard that stupid boat tour thing at summerfest has a bar on it and sells cheap(er) mixed drinks.

Sneaking it in is hit or miss. If you go before 5pm and don't look like a thug you can get it in. Any time after 7pm dont bother, unless its hidden very well.

lordairgtar
06-24-2009, 07:31 PM
and it's got more topless fat people per sq foot then anyplace else in the world.

Which is why I keep my shirt ON!

Deggy
06-24-2009, 07:32 PM
I know they have a place that sells margarita's at summerfest, at least they did last year.

Karps TA
06-24-2009, 07:36 PM
Theres JoJo's Martini Bar

PonyKiller87
06-24-2009, 09:53 PM
lol niiice.

Bottle in the cargo shorts is hit or miss, because some people still do the old school pat downs.

Just get a flask like the rest of the non beer drinking people in the world, lol. You can get a nice size one from 8-16 oz that pretty easy to hide.

Or Plan B, Get a Camel back and fill it with you drink of choice, Captain, coke and ice, works pretty good at the movies too, lol.

LIL EVO
06-25-2009, 11:19 PM
I can easily get in with 1 liter/20oz of straight booze which is more than enough for a night. They have always patted me down and checked my belt line. I strap a (bottled) water bottle or two inside my thighs and walk right in.

BigSnailBuick
06-26-2009, 12:18 AM
JoJo's martini bar. Martinis at $10 a pop tonight.