PDA

View Full Version : salvage title

Rifleman WI
06-23-2009, 12:42 PM
im currently looking at an 05 SRT-4 with 37k . the only problem is that it has a salvage title because it previously had bunch of things stolen out of it. The dash, center console, cd player, and I think seats, from what the dealership said. hes sposed to send me a full carfax on it. i saw pix of it, it looks like nothing happened to it. any thing to watch out for on a salvage title like this or is it not worth it? can it be registered and insured? they want $8K for it. ide only offer like 5 becuse of the title.. any input? thanks..:thumbsup

88Nightmare
06-23-2009, 12:44 PM
it can be registered and insured. only big problem with a salvage title vehicle is it REALLY hurts the resale.... if you ever wanted to sell it, as soon as someone realizes its a salvage, most tend to run the other way...

BigSnailBuick
06-23-2009, 12:53 PM
I have a little bit of experiance with salvage titles but dont have teh answers to all your questions im sure. Usually a salvage title comes when the car had something major f'ed up. In a bikes case it can be like a front end collision where all you had to do was replace teh front forks etc etc.. What you wrote down to me seems silly to get a salvage title but w/e. Anywho like 88 just stated only thing it hurts is the resale which honestly who really gives a shit considering its hurting it right now for you to get it :thumbsup As for insurance its fine. What most do is take their salavge titles and car/bike after fixed to the state patrol and get issued a salvage rebuild title. This is what happened in teh case of the Ducati 748 I picked up and insurance had no problems with that title. :)

07ROUSHSTG3
06-23-2009, 01:11 PM
seems kind of pricey for a salvaged title srt-4 to me. would think that you could spend not much more and get a clean titled one!?!?

BigSnailBuick
06-23-2009, 01:13 PM
seems kind of pricey for a salvaged title srt-4 to me. would think that you could spend not much more and get a clean titled one!?!?

yea but he is goin to offer 5 which seems a tad better.. but I would agree 8 is wayy too much

Rifleman WI
06-23-2009, 01:13 PM
here is the preliminary vin check i got.. still waiting on hearing from them. the interior looks like nothing happened to it.. the thing too is that the Stealership is one of the ones on chrystler's list to be closed down so they need to get rid of it..

VIN: 1B3AS66S65D139514 has been identified as a vehicle listed in the VINCheck Salvage Records.

Date of Loss Cause of Loss
2008-12-23 Theft/Stripped

07ROUSHSTG3
06-23-2009, 01:16 PM
here is the preliminary vin check i got.. still waiting on hearing from them. the interior looks like nothing happened to it.. the thing too is that the Stealership is one of the ones on chrystler's list to be closed down so they need to get rid of it..

VIN: 1B3AS66S65D139514 has been identified as a vehicle listed in the VINCheck Salvage Records.

Date of Loss Cause of Loss
2008-12-23 Theft/Stripped

offer them 5. :thumbsup

just make sure to look the thing over real nice. some guy hits a tree, so he decides to claim that the interior was stripped so the next guy that buys it has no idea. i would be cautious, but if it is legit, which it has to be somewhat to be at a franchised dealer, then go for it.

Rifleman WI
06-23-2009, 01:20 PM

yea, before i found out it was salvages i thought it was a hell of a deal.. i was thinking around $5K cash.. what you guys think? heres a link to it.. trying to find a nice "quick" DD under 10K to spend some of my Deployment cash on.. ide rather just get another mustang.. but the wife doesn't think i need 2 cars.. silly women..:banana1:
http://www.cars.com/go/search/detail.jsp?paId=137457817&aff=national&CMP=OtherUsedInventory

Rifleman WI
06-23-2009, 01:27 PM
offer them 5. :thumbsup

just make sure to look the thing over real nice. some guy hits a tree, so he decides to claim that the interior was stripped so the next guy that buys it has no idea. i would be cautious, but if it is legit, which it has to be somewhat to be at a franchised dealer, then go for it.

im going to have my dad look it over for me really good, im in iraq right now. thanks for all the help guys! :sniper

07ROUSHSTG3
06-23-2009, 01:45 PM
im going to have my dad look it over for me really good, im in iraq right now. thanks for all the help guys! :sniper

thanks for you service!

scaleracer
06-23-2009, 01:58 PM
Car looks pretty cool! Is the Mustang in your sig with the time stock? Just trying to get an idea of what mine will do..

Rifleman WI
06-23-2009, 02:19 PM
Car looks pretty cool! Is the Mustang in your sig with the time stock? Just trying to get an idea of what mine will do..

no it had intake, full exhaust, intake manifold, headers, msd.. but it burned alot of oil and i think it had low compression in the #8 cylender, and the backlash in the rear end was all messed up.. it howled and shook like crazy..fastest i had it was 14.9..

Update on the SRT-4-
the engine was also stolen originally.. so F that car.. ill have to keep looking...

scaleracer
06-23-2009, 02:30 PM
no it had intake, full exhaust, intake manifold, headers, msd.. but it burned alot of oil and i think it had low compression in the #8 cylender, and the backlash in the rear end was all messed up.. it howled and shook like crazy..fastest i had it was 14.9..

Update on the SRT-4-
the engine was also stolen originally.. so F that car.. ill have to keep looking...

Alright thanks.. That sucks car looked decent..

Undertaker
06-23-2009, 03:21 PM
There is one for sale on WISrt's for $6500. I can't remember the mileage, but he wanted cash for it.