PDA

View Full Version : 01 F150 cruise control

Rocket Power
06-22-2009, 11:56 AM
I noticed yesterday the cruise control wasn't working on my SuperCrew. It's had the recall done already and I checked the fuse which looks fine. The little "cruise" light doesn't come on so as far as I can tell the system does turn on at all.

Any ideas?

I'm going to Norwalk in it next month so cruise on the turnpikes would be nice:goof

07ROUSHSTG3
06-22-2009, 12:06 PM
bad switch or damaged wires in the wheel?

cyclone70
06-22-2009, 02:28 PM
Possible clock spring in column or switches, both were common.

Rocket Power
06-22-2009, 04:29 PM
I just saw on a ford truck forum that there is a switch on the master that could do it or the third brake light being out could do it too. I will check all the suggestions when I have time with the truck. (wife takes it to works since she works ALOT closer to home than me.)

Thanks guys

Rocket Power
06-29-2009, 04:51 PM
Looks like the switch on the master. Its wet with brake fluid on the top along with the recall harness.
Hope its cheap. Lol

07ROUSHSTG3
06-29-2009, 08:50 PM
Looks like the switch on the master. Its wet with brake fluid on the top along with the recall harness.
Hope its cheap. Lol

should be free. that is part of the recall. i have only seen 2 leaking ones, and one that actually melted :wooo. the guy was smart enough to cut the wires before it went up in flames. how long ago did you have the recall done?? they did issue a recall on the recall parts originally used.

Rocket Power
06-30-2009, 01:34 AM
I forgot if it was last year or the year before, it was done at the former ford dealer(boucher maybe?) on mayfair rd next to where Renner Olds used to be.

I called Uptown since they are relatively close to me, and talked to the parts guy, he said the part was like $20 but that I should talk to the service guy to see if they could do something for me. So I transfer to the service guy and he told me that it was just the harness that was recalled and it was on me now. Not the helping hand I thought I might get after talking to the parts guy:rolf

Thanks for the tip about the fire, I disconnected the harness from the switch now.

Can I just have them check to see if I have any open recalls without making an appt, or is there a way to do it online?

07ROUSHSTG3
06-30-2009, 07:13 AM
I forgot if it was last year or the year before, it was done at the former ford dealer(boucher maybe?) on mayfair rd next to where Renner Olds used to be.

I called Uptown since they are relatively close to me, and talked to the parts guy, he said the part was like $20 but that I should talk to the service guy to see if they could do something for me. So I transfer to the service guy and he told me that it was just the harness that was recalled and it was on me now. Not the helping hand I thought I might get after talking to the parts guy:rolf

Thanks for the tip about the fire, I disconnected the harness from the switch now.

Can I just have them check to see if I have any open recalls without making an appt, or is there a way to do it online?

yeah, that is not true. the harness was replaced on "non-leaking" units, and the harness and the switch were replaced on "leaking" units. PM me your vin number, i will check and see if you are up to date.

Rocket Power
06-30-2009, 12:13 PM
PM sent , thanks:thumbsup