PDA

View Full Version : Wheel repair

PureSound15
06-20-2009, 10:12 PM
Hey guys -

So I have these 3 piece wheels for my Acura that were kind of beat up when I bought them (very rare - so it was worth it). Well - now they've been sitting in my garage since they have a few small bends and scrapes and I'm way too picky to have them on my vehicle like that.

I had a guy in appleton (who owns one of those Alloy wheel repair franchise) and he started on a wheel and then gave them back to me because he didn't trust himself with such an expensive wheel.

So who else have you guys used? They all need some refinishing and straightening but they aren't horrific or anything. I have pictures if it would help.

Thank you!

Reverend Cooper
06-20-2009, 10:46 PM
Keystone

Car Guy
06-20-2009, 10:53 PM
The place that sells crappy aftermarket parts...??? Don't know if I'd trust them with a high $$$ aftermarket wheel, a stock wheel sure but.....:stare

Yooformula
06-20-2009, 11:46 PM
dude email the place that repaired my wheels. send him pictures and he can give you an estimate. they only charged $75 a piece for mine to be straightened out plus the rim lip fixed.

Reverend Cooper
06-21-2009, 06:56 AM
The place that sells crappy aftermarket parts...??? Don't know if I'd trust them with a high $$$ aftermarket wheel, a stock wheel sure but.....:stare

I dunno I have seen them fix vette,porsche and other wheels. but I don't know. it was only a suggestion.

PureSound15
06-21-2009, 09:27 AM
dude email the place that repaired my wheels. send him pictures and he can give you an estimate. they only charged $75 a piece for mine to be straightened out plus the rim lip fixed.

Who was that, Yoo?

Yooformula
06-21-2009, 12:02 PM
Who was that, Yoo?

http://www.weldcraftwheels.com/Repairs.htm they had a fast turn around time too.

Btw, I insured the 2 repaired wheels for the cost of the entire set of 4. Just in case they got lost and I would end up having to buy a set of 4 since they are slightly different design now.

1320PNY
06-21-2009, 09:28 PM
Stefano Panozo, Mobile Wheel Repair, but he lives off of 76th and Church. I took the wife's polished Bullitt wheel there when I cashed a curb in the rain, did a great job, was about $60 (two years ago) and you couldn't tell which one it was once it was back on the car.

Philly-O
06-21-2009, 11:45 PM
we send wheels out to a place in cali for hoop repairs/replacements.