PDA

View Full Version : radiator shop...welding

Troutman
06-20-2009, 08:13 PM
i need to have a "good" rad shop weld a pin hole on my aluminum radiator and pressure test it. its weeping out of a weld that holds the mounting bracket on the end tank. guy that made it never bothered to pressure test it for some reason. i mean...why would you? you're only welding on aluminum:rolleyes:

twicks69
06-20-2009, 10:07 PM
i need to have a "good" rad shop weld a pin hole on my aluminum radiator and pressure test it. its weeping out of a weld that holds the mounting bracket on the end tank. guy that made it never bothered to pressure test it for some reason. i mean...why would you? you're only welding on aluminum:rolleyes:

Scotty's radiators on the corner of 124th and lisbon/capitol intersection across the street from Home Depot is a good shop that can do this stuff for a fair price.

Reverend Cooper
06-20-2009, 10:46 PM
scotty's x11billionty

Troutman
06-20-2009, 10:59 PM
thanks for the info

modmachz
06-21-2009, 02:04 AM
The guy that Is now in scotty's is a fuckin Asshole Piece of Shit!!!!! To say the Least..

twicks69
06-21-2009, 08:55 AM
Ok....who exactly? There is more than one guy working there....

As well, to not give a reason doesn't help the situation.

Flicktitty
06-21-2009, 11:10 AM
Ok....who exactly? There is more than one guy working there....

As well, to not give a reason doesn't help the situation.

i believe that place has a new name/owner.

modmachz
06-21-2009, 08:47 PM
same name But a douchbag owner!!!!!!!

modmachz
06-21-2009, 08:48 PM
We can weld it and if its just a small pin hole and the aluminum is good and clean..

Troutman
06-21-2009, 09:31 PM
im going up there tomorrow morning. the hole its coming out of is very small. the radiator is new and i just spent 20 hours polishing it, so there shouldnt be a problem. the guy that made it has agreed to reimburse me for all costs. (he is in california) hopefully they can weld it, test it and get it back to me by the weekend..

Troutman
06-22-2009, 11:54 AM
FYI.....its not called Scotty's anymore and they no longer do anything radiator related. i realized today that a number of "radiator shops" dont really do anything radiator related except install them....which any repair shop will do. now that everything is plastic..there is no need for specialty shops anymore.:(

-stew-
06-22-2009, 12:48 PM
This might sound silly, but try calling Milwaukee Mack, or Wisconsin Peterbuilt. Many big trucks use aluminum fuel tanks, so they may know where to point you. Also try Props Unlimited, if they don't weld aluminum I'm sure they can point you to some one who does. Just thinking outside the box...

Troutman
06-22-2009, 03:26 PM
This might sound silly, but try calling Milwaukee Mack, or Wisconsin Peterbuilt. Many big trucks use aluminum fuel tanks, so they may know where to point you. Also try Props Unlimited, if they don't weld aluminum I'm sure they can point you to some one who does. Just thinking outside the box...

thanks for the info. i found a guy today to weld it and im going to pressure test it myself...hopefully we'll be going by the weekend