PDA

View Full Version : Smart phone owners enter here.

Deggy
06-20-2009, 08:45 AM
Just thought this might be a good thread to start to see what everyone's favorite applications are on there smart phones. Doesn't matter if you own a BB, iPhone, or any other smart phone that can download applications.

I find myself using quite a few apps on my iPhone. Being that I am one of the younger guys on the forum, I use MySpace and Facebook mobile apps, Urbanspoon is one of my favorites. I use that when I am sitting around with the girlfriend, or a group of friends and can't really decide on what to eat. It helps out a lot in most cases. I use the Showtime app whenever I am thinking about going to a movie and wanna see what's playing without having to log onto the internet to check movie times. I use FOX sports to keep up with games I missed, or to track games I am not at home to watch. Instead of the iPhone's standard camera, I downloaded iEasyCamera, which allows you to tap anywhere on the screen and take a picture, not just with the button on the standard camera. I use Pandora internet radio a lot in the car, when I am tired of listening to what my iPod plays. And last, one of my favorite applications on the iPhone is Shazam. When it first came out, I was like, "I'll never use that, even though its really cool". Then I downloaded it, tried it out, now I find myself using Shazam to find out a song I don't know that's playing, or maybe just to prove to someone that it's not the artist they are thinking.

Those are the apps I find myself most frequently using on my iPhone. What apps do you guys use the most?

shoooo32
06-20-2009, 08:56 AM
I like the shake feature on urbanspoon. Its the tiebreaker when we can't figure out where to go to dinner. I use pocket tunes to stream sirius (the offical app won't play Howard or baseball) and WootOn! to check the deal of the day. Also the weather channel app is hands down the best I've found for weather. It even streams the local forcast video.

Deggy
06-20-2009, 09:03 AM
I like the shake feature on urbanspoon. Its the tiebreaker when we can't figure out where to go to dinner. I use pocket tunes to stream sirius (the offical app won't play Howard or baseball) and WootOn! to check the deal of the day. Also the weather channel app is hands down the best I've found for weather. It even streams the local forcast video.

I will have to check that WootOn! app. It sounds interesting.

Nick
06-20-2009, 09:07 AM
I use my BlackBerry push email the most. It's most important to me over any other apps. I also use gmail, twitter, flickr, google maps, slacker mobile, vlingo, bloomberg, for every day application use.

PureSound15
06-20-2009, 09:28 AM
Apps (General): Woot Watch, The Weather Channel, Espn ScoreCenter, Fandango, AP Mobile, Howcast, Urban spoon, FML, Ebay, Pandora, iheartradio, Shazam, SnapTell, PocketDyno, Bump, iHandy Level

Apps (Games): Tap Defense, TapTap, TapTap Revenge, Bloons, Pocket Tanks, LeafTBone

xxtremeteam
06-20-2009, 09:34 AM
pocket tanks fu(k yeah ilevel is nice to i also downloaded the hog102.9s app