PDA

View Full Version : Crazy Thunder Storm....

UnderPSI
06-19-2009, 01:58 AM
Just got called in to work to get you people back in to power. I can't remember the last time I heard thunder so loud! Should be a long day today.

Myles
06-19-2009, 02:00 AM
Just got called in to work to get you people back in to power. I can't remember the last time I heard thunder so loud! Should be a long day today.

Be safe out there Brad.

Silver03SRT
06-19-2009, 02:14 AM
I wake up to a phone call from the fire house and its my roommate telling me to look the basement to make sure its not flooding. He said manhole covers are popping off all over the city. I go down there and I can see there is water on the carpet so I open the door to where the drain and sump pump is and there is water all over. So I have been bailing out the sump pump and trying to clean up so the carpet isnt ruined. Have to work at 6am too.

70 cutlass 442
06-19-2009, 03:38 AM

Just left my buddies house, we lost power in the middle of watching house and on the way out of the subdivision there were three WE trucks and guys spooling out new line. all that in the middle of a down pour! hope they (and you) are making soem good OT!

Rocket Power
06-19-2009, 03:40 AM
Had sirens out at work and apparently a tornado sighted in windlake tonight/ this morning. We were ready to go down in a pit a work which is the only tornado safe place there. Got home a little after 3 am to find basement with water and the the drain not working and looks like its backed up and of course the water is on the other side of the basement from the pumps.:fire:fire:fire
My two 1/2 hp sump pumps are/have been working their asses off. Looks like when I wake up in the morning I'll be cleaning before going back to work again. So much for doing what had planned :fire:fire:fire:fire

michelle
06-19-2009, 06:17 AM
I slept through it, apparently. And it looks pretty south of me on the radar. Hope everyone is okay and doesn't have too much damage!

That_Guy
06-19-2009, 06:25 AM
i stayed up to watch them roll through last night "i love storms" there was a huge lightning strike no more then 100 yards away form the house.. crazy i say crazy..

we energies says 25,000 with out power

domokun
06-19-2009, 07:06 AM
fiance said the storms were crazy lastnight.....

me on the other hand...I was cuttin some mad ZZZZZZ's

jon_we4
06-19-2009, 07:14 AM
Been without power since 2am ... hopefully that comes back very soon :(

UPDATE: We energies estimates power will be back on at 4pm

07ROUSHSTG3
06-19-2009, 07:35 AM
Just left my buddies house, we lost power in the middle of watching house

sorry to hear your troubles. all they talked about on 620 today was all the people with flooding basements, sunken cars, and major property damage. what a bunch of whiners :rolleyes:. missing "house"....now that is terrible. i kid, i kid :).

on a serious note. hopefully everyone down there dries out a little bit before the other batch this afternoon. up here we didn't get too much. some thunder, little rain.

Red97GTP
06-19-2009, 07:36 AM
im in rib lake right now and its storming pretty good here too. the rain was sideways for a while getting the inside of the cabin wet. best of luck to the guys who have to be out in this crap!

jbiscuit
06-19-2009, 08:02 AM
was the worst storm I had ever seen in West Allis last night. Solid lightning for an hour. The loudest thunder I have ever heard! No way you could sleep through it at my house. Shook the house more than a few times. The rain gauge said just over 4" of rain this morning and yesterday afternoon it was bone dry. Brookfield Hills is a lake. Champps on Mooreland Rd's parking lot is a lake also

Karps TA
06-19-2009, 08:05 AM
Nothing like a nice long all night storm with a dog scared of storms. For what sounded like all hell breaking loose outside I was surpised to see very little damage by me in Muskego. I heard sirens going off, so I was expecting alot worse.

jbiscuit
06-19-2009, 08:34 AM
^ same here actually. That and fire trucks all night

Nick
06-19-2009, 08:35 AM
I normally sleep through these things. I was awaken at 12:40am to the loudest thunder I have heard in recent years. My heart was pounding from a dead sleep.

Ricky Bobby
06-19-2009, 09:01 AM
i was up with a baby wanted to sleep but couldnt but he sure did he slept threw the whole storm lol now the wife on the other hand didnt sleep at all:rolf

DirtyMax
06-19-2009, 09:12 AM
My take-away rain spout popped off sometime in the middle of the night. I checked them last night too cuz I knew this was coming. Fortunately no water in the basement. Time to attach it with screws.

juicedimpss
06-19-2009, 09:21 AM
<<slept through the storm with window partially open
sounds like i missed some action

Deggy
06-19-2009, 09:24 AM
It was only raining when I was driving home at like midnight....
Passed out drunk and slept right through everything.

subliminal1284
06-19-2009, 09:30 AM
That was nothing, Ive been through far worse.

TurboMutantNinjaBug
06-19-2009, 09:33 AM
Yeah, that was pretty crazy. I usually sleep so well through storms, but kept waking up. I'm just glad the baby slept pretty good and wasn't up crying or anything due to all the noise.

Yooformula
06-19-2009, 09:42 AM
My dog wouldnt sleep or shit at all last night. She slept in the basement away from any windows...lol The lightning was awesome but we didnt hear much thunder at all although the street looked like a river and my driveway was a damm waterfall.

UnderPSI
06-19-2009, 09:55 AM
Well I am back home for my 8 hours off and then back for 16 hours. Saw some crazy shit today. Lots of lightning damage. There was a building in a full out blazing fire on capitol North of the big car dealership. cant thing of the name i am tired. Saw a pine tree get hit by lightning and it blew the whole side of the tree across the street. Not really what you want to see when you have a coil of wire in your hand. We are telling a lot of people to expect to be back in power by 4. But the second wave already has us getting more crews from appleton area and the other outer areas to help with all the damage. I will try to remember to bring my camera.

MurphysLaw88GT
06-19-2009, 09:56 AM
My basement got a little water in it. Watched a 32v Lincoln Continental hydro-lock the engine from driving in a few feet of water, helped him push it a little.

Rocket Power
06-19-2009, 01:55 PM
I need to get something to keep the sewer from backing up through the drain:fire Got it mostly cleaned up and a fan going to circulate air to dry the floor.
Some dumb ass let their little lap dog out last night during the strom when I was driving home at 2:15 am and it was in the middle of Hwy P in burlington shivering and drinking water from the middle of the road. I blew the horn for a bit to get the dog out of the road and hopefully alert the dumbass owner to keep an eye on his dog.

jon_we4
06-19-2009, 02:01 PM
Well I am back home for my 8 hours off and then back for 16 hours. Saw some crazy shit today. Lots of lightning damage. There was a building in a full out blazing fire on capitol North of the big car dealership. cant thing of the name i am tired. Saw a pine tree get hit by lightning and it blew the whole side of the tree across the street. Not really what you want to see when you have a coil of wire in your hand. We are telling a lot of people to expect to be back in power by 4. But the second wave already has us getting more crews from appleton area and the other outer areas to help with all the damage. I will try to remember to bring my camera.

Cool - Thanks for the hard work :)

They told us 4pm, but we've been up since late morning with steady power.

Josepy
06-19-2009, 02:04 PM
I normally sleep through these things. I was awaken at 12:40am to the loudest thunder I have heard in recent years. My heart was pounding from a dead sleep.

Me and wife both jumped up. I have never heard a crack that loud EVER.

Ricky Bobby
06-19-2009, 02:07 PM
It was only raining when I was driving home at like midnight....
Passed out drunk and slept right through everything.

so are u admitting to driving drunk or saying u drove home got drunk alone then passed out LOL

07ROUSHSTG3
06-19-2009, 02:23 PM
is this why tmj4 is not broadcasting today?

DirtyMax
06-19-2009, 04:14 PM
Here is a basement wall that fell in over by my friends' house near 68th and Burnham. Crappy cell phone pic that does no justice.... most of the wall is literally gone.

http://i161.photobucket.com/albums/t227/jdallard/Stuff/IMG000752.jpg

07ROUSHSTG3
06-19-2009, 04:23 PM
^^^
holy shit!

70 cutlass 442
06-19-2009, 05:35 PM
sorry to hear your troubles. all they talked about on 620 today was all the people with flooding basements, sunken cars, and major property damage. what a bunch of whiners :rolleyes:. missing "house"....now that is terrible. i kid, i kid :).

on a serious note. hopefully everyone down there dries out a little bit before the other batch this afternoon. up here we didn't get too much. some thunder, little rain.

Not whining at all, simpaly making a power related refferance to brads post seeing as how he works for WE :goof We were fortuniate not to have any water damage, especially since sump pumps run off of electricity!

pOrk
06-19-2009, 05:52 PM
Wow at the wall! Home owners insurance cover that?

jbiscuit
06-19-2009, 07:11 PM
holy shit I never have seen a wall cave in like that before!! This weather needs to stop. All this rain in such a short amount of time isn't good for anything. I talked to a guy at the gas station after dinner and he was saying that his subdivision in New Berlin was under water this morning. Only his house and a neighbors were above water...after 1 storm!

animal
06-19-2009, 07:20 PM
Yay for storms! :)

That wall had to have been in the process of caving in a long time ago (probably was long past the point of needing steel braces). A normal structurally sound wall doesn't just cave like that even if there's water against it.

RanJer
06-19-2009, 08:30 PM
And it begins agaiiiiin!!!!!

JBs92Lude
06-19-2009, 08:39 PM
Our computer system wasn't working at Walgreens... sucked. Some doctor offices were down as well. Plenty of accidents on the freeway tonight though... At least its going to be nice tomorrow and dry everything up!

Car Guy
06-19-2009, 08:59 PM
I was on Barker Rd just south of I-94 (right by Elmbrook Church) about 7:30pm and experienced the LOUDEST most INTENSE lighting strike of my life. It must have been directly above me because my car 'stalled' a little right as it struck. There was NO delay between the flash and sound, both happened at the same exact time. My driver's window was open about 4 inches and the shockwave that bounced off my chest was equivalent to a half stick of explosive, NO BS.....:eek:

Nature = AWESOME......:headbang

DirtyMax
06-19-2009, 09:51 PM
Wow at the wall! Home owners insurance cover that?

Nope.

The adjuster was out already. They told the owner that insurance covers losses that happen from the inside-out but not the other way around.

But this is due to a faulty storm sewer in Stallis that flooded a whole block so they may have some recourse against the city itself.

Nick
06-19-2009, 09:56 PM
Like 6 cars were floating in the water on west avenue on the corner of west and 59 in Waukesha across from the PDQ.

People were SWIMMING to get to the dry road. LOL

URLOZIN
06-19-2009, 10:14 PM
I just got back from Kenosha. They closed down highway 50 and part of I-94. There was over 2 feet of water. I have never seen so much water on the roads in my life.

DirtyMax
06-19-2009, 10:18 PM
I have never seen so much water on the roads in my life.

I have. Almost one year ago to the week. Most people in Milwaukee remember that. It also happened to be my wedding day... :mad:

lordairgtar
06-19-2009, 11:14 PM
I can't figure why people will drive into a flooded underpass and stall their car. I stopped once at such a place and some asshat behind me honked and drove around me flipping me the bird. His car died in the middle of it and then has the balls to ask me for help.

Car Guy
06-19-2009, 11:15 PM
I have. Almost one year ago to the week. Most people in Milwaukee remember that. It also happened to be my wedding day... :mad:

I will never forget that day......:stare

I was attending a wedding reception on 13th St. just south of College Ave right across from the Ramada Inn. Priceless doesn't even begin to describe the great time we had watching numerous cars/trucks attempt the 'drive' down 13th only to get stuck. One of the cars (Chrysler Sebring) started floating away WITH the people still inside, I was laughing so hard my stomach hurt.....:rolf

HITMAN
06-20-2009, 12:03 AM
Like 6 cars were floating in the water on west avenue on the corner of west and 59 in Waukesha across from the PDQ.

People were SWIMMING to get to the dry road. LOL

When I went by that intersection at about 8:30pm there were 3 cars halfway underwater for sure. My buddy and I went to the Waukesha Expo for the gun show and stopped at Famous Dave's to eat. Rain started coming down about midway through dinner and it was so loud you could actually hear it over the chatter and general noise of the restaurant. On my way home down 164 I drove by the little driving range southwest of Big Bend (don't know the name) and it was completely UNDERWATER. (Most of it over a foot deep...) The parking lot had so much water in it, the one lone car that was parked and the north end of the lot was in water as high as the top of the tires and 100 yards to the south a dump truck that's for sale was sitting in water 2/3rds of the way up it's wheels. Fucking crazy. I'm surprised me and my little Tertel aren't floating down the middle of the Fox river right now... :wooo

UnderPSI
06-20-2009, 09:24 AM
Just got done with work for today. Got 17.8 hours in for the second call out. First time I have ever seen cars floating, had a big ass snake wrapped around my leg, walking through the water with tall boots on I stepped into a hole up to my knee and over the top of my boot filling it with water, almost stalled the truck driving through water to get to customers out of power, ate a doughnut, had a fuse blow 6' from my head (ears are still ringing).... Now time to sleep.

TurboMutantNinjaBug
06-20-2009, 09:39 AM
And it begins agaiiiiin!!!!!

At least last night wasn't as crazy as the other night...

Korndogg
06-20-2009, 11:02 AM
I still don't have power. Something blew on the pole that wasn't the transformer. A guy came out to look at it and I heard him say there was nothing wrong with it and he left. Now I'm one of three buildings without power yet. Everyone elses is back on. Pretty sure that whate ever blew and was on fire is why we don't have power.

Korndogg
06-20-2009, 01:23 PM
ok they fixed it. 100amp fuse blew. I told them that a guy was here yesterday and he was like well wtf why didn't he fix it? haha. The guy yesterday just shined his flashlight up at the pole and left lol

Goat Roper
06-20-2009, 01:27 PM
The Root River in Franklin at Drexel is about to go over the road again

Plum Crazy
06-20-2009, 06:02 PM
Here are pictures of the Funnel cloud located in Kenosha at HWY 50 and HWY 31 (these pics were taken at Palmen Motors)

http://i673.photobucket.com/albums/vv98/alexkostermannn/1.jpg
http://i673.photobucket.com/albums/vv98/alexkostermannn/22.jpg
http://i673.photobucket.com/albums/vv98/alexkostermannn/333.jpg
http://i673.photobucket.com/albums/vv98/alexkostermannn/444.jpg
http://i673.photobucket.com/albums/vv98/alexkostermannn/555.jpg
http://i673.photobucket.com/albums/vv98/alexkostermannn/666.jpg
http://i673.photobucket.com/albums/vv98/alexkostermannn/777.jpg
http://i673.photobucket.com/albums/vv98/alexkostermannn/888.jpg
http://i673.photobucket.com/albums/vv98/alexkostermannn/999.jpg

Goat Roper
06-20-2009, 06:07 PM
Looks like a small classic wall cloud. The good news is that whatever did spin up in it was doomed to be small.

Plum Crazy
06-20-2009, 06:42 PM
Looks like a small classic wall cloud. The good news is that whatever did spin up in it was doomed to be small.

we had 7 cars towed in with heavy water damage and 5 of them were hydrolocked. The tow truck driver said to expect more, they are booked solid for a week.

BadAzzGTA89
06-21-2009, 04:08 PM
I drove through that crap on my way to North Dakota around Fergus Falls, MN over 70mph winds semis flipped in ditches every were it was hard to see with all the hard rain/hail im glad i had a heavey load with a low trailer other wise things could have been worse!!
It was one wild ride:wooo

domokun
06-21-2009, 07:00 PM
maybe its me...but I dont see a funnel cloud in those pics.

Holeshot
06-21-2009, 07:32 PM
Like Scott mentioned it was a wall cloud. It was picked up on radar but never spun down. They call em Mesocyclone before the show a tornado vortex signature