PDA

View Full Version : Phone scam

Scales
04-02-2004, 11:09 PM
Thought I'd post this to let everyone know to be careful. Somehow, some company just took over my local and long distance service. Apparently, it happend about a week ago, but I didn't realize it til today when my Mom wondered why I didn't get her message. When I called SBC, they told me they were no longer my carrier. A company called "Excelphone" or "Excitephone" or whatever it's called is now my provider. After talking to the SBC rep, I guess these backdoor companys don't even need authorization to make the switch. By Fedral law, they do have to provide documentation with my signature that I authorized this switch. From what I hear, SBC will waive the re-activation fee due to the circumstances, but I can see already that I'm gonna get a hefty bill from whatever company took my service. I know this used to happen all the time with long distance carriers, but this is the first I've heard of local service being taken over without the knowledge of the customer. I just wonder if I'm gonna be able to fight whatever bill this shady a$$ company is gonna send me. This alone makes me want to cancel my landline all together and just rack up minutes on my cell!!!!!!! :fire Untill then, does anyone know the "no call" web adresses? I need to get off these damn lists before they assume ownership of my cars!!!! :goof

:S:

SSScottSS
04-03-2004, 01:33 AM
https://nocall.wisconsin.gov/web/registration.asp

Scales
04-04-2004, 04:54 AM
Cool. Thanks man! I'll definitly be on that list now!!! :thumbsup