PDA

View Full Version : Got the car tuned today!!

70 cutlass 442
06-18-2009, 12:59 AM
Today we (Screamin281's car) headed down to Corey Simpson and Mike Post at Dyno MP, Got all of the driveability issues worked out of, threw some timing at it, and overall got the thing running back to where it should be :thumbsup Corey did all of the tuning today since Mike was out, and none the less, I and Paul (the cars owner) are both very pleased with the results. As we suspected, the car was way lean with the new intake on it. The car currently sits like this:

98 mustang 2V 4.6
S-trim maxing out at only 6 LBS of boost :rolf (3.600 pulley)
E-bay intercooler kit (fit very well and great quality)
Ford PI intake.

I beleive paul had under $2K into the whole blower setup including the fuel system, blower, IC, tuner ect. He has the dyno sheet so if he wishes to post that I will leave that up to him...

So i highly reccomend Corey and Mike if you need something tuned as they did a great job on this car :headbang

BAD LS1
06-18-2009, 06:23 AM
And the results are.... secret!

Z28Envy
06-18-2009, 06:51 AM

It's a top secret money making build!!:goof

Dr.Buick
06-18-2009, 07:17 AM
Cory has a nice shop, so what kind of $ does it take to see it run:banana1:

Josepy
06-18-2009, 08:52 AM
Ummm What numbers did it make? Why even post if your not going to give a number with it?

GTSLOW
06-18-2009, 09:06 AM
So i highly recommend Corey and Mike if you need something tuned as they did a great job on this car :headbang

Are they sponsors here?

lit666
06-18-2009, 09:26 AM
no they aren't sponsors but they are Great at what they do.

MoCkiN U
06-18-2009, 11:17 AM
they tuned my car also and are helping me with the nitrous setup. Heck of a drive but well worth it. We have C&M, Bob Kurgan, And those guys who are the 3 shops people respect the most I think.

Smokey1226
06-18-2009, 11:28 AM
Mike seems like a real nice guy. Ive spoke with him on the phone multiple times. I got a lil sum sum for him this sunday :D

Mr Twigbert
06-18-2009, 01:34 PM
The procharger was put on my car by Mike and Corey.. ONLY guys I will EVER take my car to.. Not a person in WI will ever touch it again..

70 cutlass 442
06-18-2009, 03:32 PM

No.. no secret, I just dont have the dyno graph, it was pritned and E-mail to Paul so i figured i would let him do the posting... I beleive peak was 305hp and 324 tq

haha right, thre are to many pussies in WI, no one will race for $$ even if they hear a entry level vortech blower. they automatically assume 600WHP

Cory has a nice shop, so what kind of $ does it take to see it run:banana1:

$350 for everything, then if we go back for new tune or change parts around he said $100-$125

Are they sponsors here?

No they arn't, He is out of the rockford area, but well worth the drive!

BAD LS1
06-18-2009, 03:43 PM
But the big questions is... forest was the master tuner on this, why the switch now?

juicedimpss
06-18-2009, 03:55 PM
But the big questions is... forest was the master tuner on this, why the switch now?

i was waiting for someone to ask that...
:rolf

70 cutlass 442
06-18-2009, 04:13 PM

I dont know how he would tune it without software or a dyno. I would like to have had WBD tune it again if they had a competant ford tuner avaiable, but I dont beleive brad even knows he has the software, and your niche is GM.

Dr.Buick
06-18-2009, 04:24 PM
haha right, thre are to many pussies in WI, no one will race for $$ even if they hear a entry level vortech blower. they automatically assume 600Whp

I will race you for what ever $$$$ you want, I will bring my little 293 sbc to the track and lets see were mike post gets you :rolf

70 cutlass 442
06-18-2009, 04:32 PM
haha right, thre are to many pussies in WI, no one will race for $$ even if they hear a entry level vortech blower. they automatically assume 600Whp

I will race you for what ever $$$$ you want, I will bring my little 293 sbc to the track and lets see were mike post gets you :rolf

How does it sit?

BAD LS1
06-18-2009, 04:36 PM
I dont know how he would tune it without software or a dyno. I would like to have had WBD tune it again if they had a competant ford tuner avaiable, but I dont beleive brad even knows he has the software, and your niche is GM.

Probably for the better now that it was done at the place you took it too. And yes he knows he has CMR.

FourEyedFord
06-18-2009, 05:02 PM
I will bring my little 293 sbc to the track and lets see were mike post gets you :rolf

Whats wrong with Post's tunes? All the ones I have seen have been great, and on the conservative side. You have to be that way though in the dyno tuning business because the tuner is always the first one to get blammed if something, even out of his control, goes wrong.

FourEyedFord
06-18-2009, 05:03 PM
how does it sit?

f-2.....

70 cutlass 442
06-18-2009, 05:35 PM
f-2.....

he has a f2? you got to be fucking kidding me. This guy must have been hanging around Tuff if he feels he needs an F2 car to beat up on a little S trim car thats still running full leather and AC :rolf

And yes, I would like to have seen a bit more on the dyno, But if you think about it.... these cars maybe make 200 WHP stock, So this thing is picking up 100WHP with only 6PSI.... not to mention it still has stock manifolds, cats, ect.

Irish
06-18-2009, 05:40 PM
But if you think about it.... these cars maybe make 200 crank HP stock.... on a good day.

Fixed.

HY35F2T
06-18-2009, 05:42 PM
damn get some headers on that bitch.

70 cutlass 442
06-18-2009, 05:43 PM
So i guess Joesphy and TT GN dont beleive the numbers this car made... OK, lets do some basic math here. 6/lbs of intercooled air going into a 200WHP stock car with manifolds and cats.... Im surprized it even yielded the 305 WHP that it did. Dyno graph will be up this evening just incase you are able to comprehend colorful drawings better then a few simple numbers.

70 cutlass 442
06-18-2009, 05:44 PM
Fixed.

Even so, that enahnces my point even more. Thanks Josh!

Irish
06-18-2009, 05:46 PM
Did it dyno 200 rwhp N/A? The Non PI head 2V 4.6's are dog slow... like Mustang II slow...

Irish
06-18-2009, 05:48 PM
Even so, that enahnces my point even more. Thanks Josh!

If it made 300 rwhp with that little bit of boost, Hell I will even admit that it's impressive.

70 cutlass 442
06-18-2009, 05:49 PM
Did it dyno 200 rwhp N/A? The Non PI head 2V 4.6's are dog slow... like Mustang II slow...

Didnt even dyno it NA, we put the blower on with a close tune and worked from there, which is exactly what corey did yesterday with it. I know they were rated at like 225 stock so with a stick car figure in the 190 area maybe.

BOSS LX
06-18-2009, 05:50 PM
So i guess Joesphy and TT GN dont beleive the numbers this car made... OK, lets do some basic math here. 6/lbs of intercooled air going into a 200WHP stock car with manifolds and cats.... Im surprized it even yielded the 305 WHP that it did. Dyno graph will be up this evening just incase you are able to comprehend colorful drawings better then a few simple numbers.

What is not to believe?

I have made many pulls on that dyno, and it is right!

It helps to dyno a car on a dyno that isn't out to lunch! :rolf

70 cutlass 442
06-18-2009, 05:53 PM
/\/\ lol, I was only surprized that that stock motor did that with only 6 lbs. i mean everyone with half a brain knows the 2v non PI motors are dogs. moral of the story is he needs long tubes, and a smaller pulley.

lit666
06-18-2009, 05:56 PM
/\/\ lol, I was only surprized that that stock motor did that with only 6 lbs. i mean everyone with half a brain knows the 2v non PI motors are dogs. moral of the story is he needs long tubes, and a smaller pulley.

a forged bottom end wouldn't hurt either.

Josepy
06-18-2009, 05:59 PM

I thought maybe 405. I didnt know it was really 305. Settle down.

Dr.Buick
06-18-2009, 06:06 PM
How does it sit?
who cars how it sits. you said people from wisconsin are pussys and wont race for cash. :wooo and mike does nice work and i know how he tunes cars, that was not a cut on mike at all sorry if it sounded that way.:thumbsup

haha right, thre are to many pussies in WI, no one will race for $$ even if they hear a entry level vortech blower. they automatically assume 600WHP- thats the part i get upset about

Reverend Cooper
06-18-2009, 06:43 PM
well that pi intake adds like 40 rwhp i thought you said,so the blower only nets 75 rwhp?

FourEyedFord
06-18-2009, 06:53 PM
who cars how it sits. you said people from wisconsin are pussys and wont race for cash. :wooo and mike does nice work and i know how he tunes cars, that was not a cut on mike at all sorry if it sounded that way.:thumbsup

Its all good. I didn't mean it to sound insulting towards you, I just didn't want people to think there was something wrong with the way Post tunes cars.

FourEyedFord
06-18-2009, 06:54 PM
It helps to dyno a car on a dyno that isn't out to lunch! :rolf

:rolf :thumbsup

Smokey1226
06-18-2009, 07:04 PM
Post won the Last TS event for his class....his tunez must be somewhat good :D

70 cutlass 442
06-18-2009, 08:17 PM
haha right, thre are to many pussies in WI, no one will race for $$ even if they hear a entry level vortech blower. they automatically assume 600WHP- thats the part i get upset about

Its true though. I mean we took this car up to the races at the end of last year (not GLD) and no one would race it. there were cars that should have been much faster than this one and all they would say is its supercharged and assumed it made a ton of power.

well that pi intake adds like 40 rwhp i thought you said,so the blower only nets 75 rwhp?

40RWHP? you on crack? I dont beleive i made any HP claims, just simply stated that the car now needs a tune and was running lean.... I could be wrong, i mean after all you are probably the best damn service writer at your work :durr

OHHH WAIT, DID I MENTION THAT THE ADAPTIVE LEARN WAS MAXED OUT WHEN WE THROUGH THE PROGRAMMER ON IT???????????????????????? I THOUGHT THE ADAPTIVE LEARN WOULD COMPENSATE FOR IT.

Reverend Cooper
06-18-2009, 09:43 PM
wow really? it was a question,not a fight starter. I'm not sure what my job again has to do with it but hey what ever makes you happy. I prolly pay more taxes than you make in a year. your so good I'm quite suprised you take a car anywhere to have it tuned,suprised you don't do it yourself. if that intake flows so much that the adaptive learn was maxed one would think it would have made a ton more power? what did it make previously with the same set up only without the new intake?

70 cutlass 442
06-18-2009, 10:25 PM
wow really? it was a question,not a fight starter. I'm not sure what my job again has to do with it but hey what ever makes you happy. I prolly pay more taxes than you make in a year. your so good I'm quite suprised you take a car anywhere to have it tuned,suprised you don't do it yourself. if that intake flows so much that the adaptive learn was maxed one would think it would have made a ton more power? what did it make previously with the same set up only without the new intake?

Your questions have always been filled with negitive intentions, so i will automatically presume that this was indeed the same case. The car made 285 WHP the first time around, so 20WHP with new intake and new tune. your PROLLY right about your sallery vs mine, congrats :thumbsup I also am still in school and can almost guarantee that i have more post HS schooling then you. Furthermore, how would you expect me to tune the car accurately without a dyno or software? So if your question was nothing more then a harmless question then i apologize, but you and I both know that wasnt the case.

70 cutlass 442
06-18-2009, 10:31 PM
so the blower only nets 75 rwhp?

And to answer this, yes

http://www.vortechsuperchargers.com/product.php?p=89

The STD system wich has smaller pulley then the one we are using still only made 290HP. We added the intercooler but kept boost levels low and were able to get 305.

SO. if we look at the advertised HP numbers direct from vortechs site, you will see the 75HP increase from 215(stock) 290(advertised boosted hp) But this is crank HP so some corrective math would have to be applied to the equation.

Reverend Cooper
06-19-2009, 12:07 AM
Your questions have always been filled with negitive intentions, so i will automatically presume that this was indeed the same case. The car made 285 WHP the first time around, so 20WHP with new intake and new tune. your PROLLY right about your sallery vs mine, congrats :thumbsup I also am still in school and can almost guarantee that i have more post HS schooling then you. Furthermore, how would you expect me to tune the car accurately without a dyno or software? So if your question was nothing more then a harmless question then i apologize, but you and I both know that wasnt the case.

you are wrong on both of the last two points in your paragraph.Scooling and the fact you think I was trying to start a fight. I had simple questions,You've showed your age and maturity level once again. your thread is pointless if no one can ask a question. I won't bother trying to mature conversation with you as your obviously not capable.
No offense to Mike post or co. but seems like your gains were all intake related. not tuning related?

70 cutlass 442
06-19-2009, 12:46 AM
you are wrong on both of the last two points in your paragraph.Scooling and the fact you think I was trying to start a fight. I had simple questions,You've showed your age and maturity level once again. your thread is pointless if no one can ask a question. I won't bother trying to mature conversation with you as your obviously not capable.
No offense to Mike post or co. but seems like your gains were all intake related. not tuning related?

Me being imature? are you serious? You are the one that had to resort to using your yearly income in an arguement to prove what? nothing. I dont care where the gains came from, we went to mike and corey to get driveabiltiy issues worked out, and happened to pick some HP up in the process. I appriciate the honest question and amongst this bullshit i hope your question was answered. You must admit however that your track record with me and threads about this particular car have not been the best. That is why i questioned the context of your question.

Reverend Cooper
06-19-2009, 05:59 AM
dood YOU brought my job into this not ME.

07ROUSHSTG3
06-19-2009, 07:25 AM
6 pounds of boost and just over 300 RWHP.

2 valves suck.

FourEyedFord
06-19-2009, 01:49 PM

2 valves suck.

Whoa, whoa, whoa! 2 valves with pushrods does not! :goof

70 cutlass 442
06-19-2009, 03:14 PM

2 valves suck.

I know, the next option is to go with some trick flows, but if we double the boost then the car should be in rod breaking range anyways. so whats the point.

DR.FORD
06-19-2009, 06:19 PM

2 valves suck.

Not when they are 2.400 and 1.94!
OOPS, wrong engine!:goof

HITMAN
06-20-2009, 03:00 AM
Not when they are 2.400 and 1.94!

Shit's weak...
http://www.sonnysracingengines.com/cylinder-heads/5-300-gm-wedge-heads
;):D

Waver
06-20-2009, 03:07 AM
I am assuming that the car dosnt have the pi heads on it?

70 cutlass 442
06-20-2009, 03:31 AM
I am assuming that the car dosnt have the pi heads on it?

no pi heads. would like to upgrade ot them but the compression bump would not be sutiable for a forced car.