PDA

View Full Version : Obscure question: Where to go for long-term RV/trailer use

wrath
06-16-2009, 12:50 PM
So... obscure question of the day. Are there any places around here that have long-term RV sites? Like complete poop, water, and electric hook-up? Seems like I saw one off I94 out somewhere by Johnson Creek but I can't find it. I figure if there is one there must be others.

juicedimpss
06-16-2009, 12:53 PM
trying to dodge high property taxes?
lol

wrath
06-16-2009, 12:57 PM
trying to dodge high property taxes?
lol

Trying to dodge high everything price for a while. Can go buy a bling 5th wheel for cash and live in it while everybody's cards play out. I was planning on buying a cheap one to travel in (hence the 6.0L pickup I bought) once we got a house but... for fsck's sake I've paid $27,000 in rent since I moved here.

07ROUSHSTG3
06-16-2009, 12:59 PM
i always here the Dehann (sp) advertisement on 620.

Car Guy
06-16-2009, 01:36 PM
I would so live in a camper trailer, how much is it on average to rent a spot including water, poo, etc...???

noeggs4u
06-16-2009, 01:39 PM
i think there is one buy state fair park. east end buy freeway,i thought they made that into a long term place

noeggs4u
06-16-2009, 01:46 PM
I found cliffside in racine they have long term

wrath
06-16-2009, 01:58 PM
State Fair Park has this:
http://www.wistatefair.com/rv_park/general_info.html

Car Guy
06-16-2009, 02:02 PM
$800 per month to look at traffic all day......:punch:

juicedimpss
06-16-2009, 02:11 PM
$800 per month to look at traffic all day......:punch:

thats way better than paying rent :rolf

noeggs4u
06-16-2009, 02:21 PM
Cliffside county park 262-886-6400

wrath
06-16-2009, 02:27 PM
Cliffside county park 262-886-6400

http://www.racine.org/campsite.html

Doesn't look like a long term solution... and for $700/month I can probably rent an entire house in Mukwanago for less and be a shorter commute. Definitely a lot nicer looking than the State Fair Park sites though.

BoosTT
06-16-2009, 06:50 PM
Well, it's not a 5th wheel, but dare I say....

You can own a mobile home trailer for something like less then $500/month for 3 years including the lot.

Not that I would do it. But it is the cheep option FOR SURE!

Campgrounds are usually $1200-$2000 for the entire season. It depends if you want something nice with a pool, ect.

wrath
06-16-2009, 07:03 PM
I'd consider being trailer trash but I haven't been able to find one that takes young people such as myself that isn't a "bad" trailer park.

DirtyMax
06-16-2009, 09:06 PM
www.rbresort.com

We own property here. You can buy an empty 50x80 lot for about 4K right now because alot of people lost everything when the park flooded out (trickel down from Lake Delton emptying). So they surrendered the lot back to the park and the park just wants to sell it. Condo dues are about 200 per month. Electricity and water at the site. Honey wagon available to empty your tank 3 times a week.

No water from mid October to mid April though but maybe you will find something not on wheels by then.

There are turn key sites with trailer, etc all ready to go too. Should be more info at the web site.

indyzmike
06-17-2009, 08:22 AM
www.rbresort.com

alot of people lost everything when the park flooded out (trickel down from Lake Delton emptying). So they surrendered the lot back to the park and the park just wants to sell it.

I looked into buying a lot at River Bend and then found out how many times it floods.

DirtyMax
06-17-2009, 08:31 AM
I looked into buying a lot at River Bend and then found out how many times it floods.

Once in the last 25 years since it's been open. Now if Lake Delton emptied every year, I'd be a little more concerned...

The lots along the river get standing water by them in the spring time but all those people have their stuff built up high so it's usually not a big deal. I'd hardly consider that flooding the park.

indyzmike
06-17-2009, 10:09 AM
Once in the last 25 years since it's been open. Now if Lake Delton emptied every year, I'd be a little more concerned...

The lots along the river get standing water by them in the spring time but all those people have their stuff built up high so it's usually not a big deal. I'd hardly consider that flooding the park.

I agree, the lots along the river seem to flood almost every year. The higher elevation sites are much safer. Last year was a total washout. This was all from the massive rain. Lake Delton emptied into the Wisconsin River, not the Crawfish river.

DirtyMax
06-17-2009, 02:19 PM
This was all from the massive rain. Lake Delton emptied into the Wisconsin River, not the Crawfish river.

....And the Wisconsin River dumps into Lake Wisconsin along the way, which empties into a zillion little creeks, rivers and streams, one of which apparently makes its way to Beaver Dam Lake which empties into Beaver Dam River, then Mud Lake, then eventually the Crawfish River. Down in Jefferson where the Crawfish meets the Rock, they wouldn't open the dam (for fear of floofing Jefferson and areas South of there), so the water backed up and found the low spots aka the area around the park, which was a flood plain to begin with.

I didn't just make this up. Some scientist fella came to one of our Board meetings and drew it all out for everyone. People were skeptical about returning to the park so he came in to reassure people that unless something catastrophic like that happens again, seasonal flooding should be the only concern going forward.