PDA

View Full Version : Auto Integrity - Waukesha yikes!

SmokinRAM114
06-16-2009, 11:43 AM
:stare

http://www.jsonline.com/news/waukesha/47881922.html

07ROUSHSTG3
06-16-2009, 11:46 AM
WOW! not good. i would hate to be one of the people with salvaged air bags.

Karps TA
06-16-2009, 11:46 AM
The name says it all.

What a douchebag.

JBs92Lude
06-16-2009, 12:07 PM
Wow, I pass by there on a regular basis. Know a couple people who took their cars there. Jeez, that's horrible.

Rocket Power
06-16-2009, 12:17 PM
WOW! not good. i would hate to be one of the people with salvaged air bags.

We had some investigators at work a few years ago that told us about places that would put new covers on used airbags and they were filled with things other than an airbag, like packing peanuts.

Car Guy
06-16-2009, 01:39 PM
That is an all too common practice partly brought on by the insurance companies themselves.....

fly5150
06-16-2009, 01:43 PM
wasn't someone on here just praising Auto Integrity a few weeks ago?

found it... http://brewcitymuscle.com/forum/showthread.php?t=38733&highlight=integrity

juicedimpss
06-16-2009, 01:44 PM
That is an all too common practice partly brought on by the insurance companies themselves.....

i somewhat agree with that,they do like to tell you what they are going to pay for work.

tommyt5078
06-16-2009, 02:21 PM
auto integrity in waukesha everybody has a cash price :thumbsup

:rolf

HY35F2T
06-16-2009, 02:44 PM
ive seen alot of cars that came from there and there horrible.I do better with cans of stain black and in f4 winds.:goof

A B4C Z
06-16-2009, 06:25 PM
the owner has been in trouble with the law for a long time. Not a good place to go to.

LIL EVO
06-16-2009, 08:30 PM
Auto Integrity. Oh the fucking Irony. lol

70 cutlass 442
06-17-2009, 03:09 AM
they advertise at the local DMV as well.... kind of funny how that all worked out.

95 TA - The Beast
06-17-2009, 07:51 PM

Now THAT is a MAJORLY ignorant viewpoint. It is called GREED. If you can't stay in business then you SCREW everyone to make a buck???

That is called Fraud... And is no better than being a criminal. How the HELL can you say the insurance companies are to blame? You can be damned sure not a single insurance company instructed them to defraud customers, damage cars or file fradulent claims...

If you don't like the business, get out... It is that simple. If you think you aren't making enough money, find another business to make more money in. But to blame the insurance companies for that places greed is stupid.

Crawlin
06-17-2009, 08:02 PM
Dennis, like Ron said... when you work day in and day out with insurance companies, you find the short end of the fuse REAL quick with those guys. When they tell you what they'll pay you to fix a job RIGHT, it's laughable.

Is this 100% completely wrong, hell yeah. Is this company 100% wrong, we all know that answer.

But then again, I remember a discussion on here revolving around insurance companies only paying for used parts for certain vehicles. why should someone get a NEW stamped steel fender on their '02 Malibu when the one on there is used? When a perfectly good used alternative is available, insurance companies will instruct body shops to use it. they didn't reduce your deductible that same percentage. they didn't NOT raise your rates because they found a cheaper alternative.

again, not arguing what this guy did is right. just arguing that insurance companies are just as bad as this guy :)

Reverend Cooper
06-17-2009, 08:03 PM
Can you say FUCKED

Reverend Cooper
06-17-2009, 08:09 PM
I agree too with Chris and Ron I deal with them on a daily basis and honestly the adjusters get kickbacks for how much they can say the insurance company per claim by cutting labor,parts and materials. So one way to look at it is its ok for the ins. company to cut corners and save money at you exspense,its almost them stealing from you.
as my policy gets older and i dont use it i dont get to cut my bill if anything it goes up every year,but my chance for getting new or oem parts goes down. that makes no sense to me at all.
I am not agreeing with what the place did at all,it is wrong and against the law,but the insurance companies do the same shit only its legal because they make the rules,they have been screwing us all outta more money in a year than that guy could to them in a lifetime.

0TransAm0
06-17-2009, 08:09 PM
FUCKED

yup i can say it.
:)

That_Guy
06-17-2009, 08:52 PM
The name says it all.

What a douchebag.

if you had half a clue you would retract that statement. the owner of the company is one of the coolest, hardworking, strait forward honest people ive ever met. i was just there and had work done on my car that was done there and they do some of the best body work ive ever seen. there satifaction rate is number 3 in the nation "95%" the work is top knotch.

here is the deal. there are some former employees and a former partner who have been going out of there way to fuck this mans business over. he runs a strait ship and when the feds are done with this they will see that he is running things on a legal level .. untill then shut it.. this is one of the worst cases of slander ive ever seen in my life.. is discusting.

PureSound15
06-17-2009, 08:58 PM
when the feds are done with this they will see that he is running things on a legal level .. untill then shut it.. this is one of the worst cases of slander ive ever seen in my life.. is discusting.

How is it slander? Until then "shut it?" Really?

So far to me it looks like dude was scamming insurance companies (which makes me pay a higher premium). Until then.. I'm going to continue to steer people away from there and when they ask why I'll just point them towards that article.

The best body work you've seen? How much body work have you seen with bolt on cobalt?

That_Guy
06-17-2009, 09:06 PM
How is it slander? Until then "shut it?" Really?

So far to me it looks like dude was scamming insurance companies (which makes me pay a higher premium). Until then.. I'm going to continue to steer people away from there and when they ask why I'll just point them towards that article.

The best body work you've seen? How much body work have you seen with bolt on cobalt?

i had a fucking dent in the rear quarter on the body line that looked like somebody through a a lead filled volley ball at my car. i can post before and after pictures if u would like it looks great considering my car has a metallic paint and its retarded hard to make metallic paint lay the same way it is from the factory.

Plum Crazy
06-17-2009, 09:19 PM
guys, ive seen Car_ramrods repair, its legit, but fixing a dent and performing collision repair are 2 different animals all together, you didnt need any parts replaced or any major work.

Reverend Cooper
06-17-2009, 09:44 PM
Lets try to get something straight here ramrod,Feds dont get involved unless there IS a issue,body shops are covered by the dept. of ag. laws. for the state to not be involved and the feds to be there IS a problem. You may wanna hold your lip until you see the outcome.

DR.FORD
06-17-2009, 09:49 PM
I've owned a bodyshop for 25 years and have to say that this is a tough call. Don't forget the owners of the vehicles do have a say in how things are repaired, legal or not, especially with the economy and big deductibles that many do not have. The article stated that reinspections were performed by American Family and State Farm and some vehicles were not repaired as billed, but were the owners questioned? State law requires that you must use new, original factory parts if the vehicle is 18 months old or newer-what were the ages of the cars in question? I am not in any way taking sides, nor do I run my shop that way, but you have to get all the info before you pass judgement. Just wanted to give you guys another angle in which to view the situation. As far as dealing with writers and adjusters for these companies, I could write a novel on that! Lets just say that what don't kill you WILL make you stronger:thumbsup

Reverend Cooper
06-17-2009, 09:53 PM
Not arguing with you Jim,but i have seen plenty of adjusters use used parts on cars less than a year and a half old.

DR.FORD
06-17-2009, 10:01 PM
Not arguing with you Jim,but i have seen plenty of adjusters use used parts on cars less than a year and a half old.

No doubt dude! I just won't do that and then not have the restraint system work and lose all of what we have worked for. I am lucky to have a great repor with many adjusters now-but it took alot of years to get there! If they write it for used and it is within 18 months, I let it go then turn in a supplement for a new part which I purchase and install. It goes to other eyes then, and with the old part in hand, a legit invoice, and digital pictures I win:)

Reverend Cooper
06-17-2009, 10:04 PM
my point is why do they the insurance company get to even write it for used if law states 18 months and newer gets a new part? its just as crooked as this guy at the body shop in question.

DR.FORD
06-17-2009, 10:19 PM
my point is why do they the insurance company get to even write it for used if law states 18 months and newer gets a new part? its just as crooked as this guy at the body shop in question.

Simple...
The writer can say oops I made a mistake and life goes on-they have a multi-million dollar business behind them telling THEM to save the company money!
Not to be a smart ass at all but for one second do you think the underwriters will stop and say "we screwed up and didn't put a new part in, so call the customer immediately so we can spend more money on the part and the labor to do it again"!!!! Thats why I do those situations the way I described. See, they know that I know and I caught it, and they can't argue with that.
Yes it is crooked, but so is our government for that matter.

Nick
06-17-2009, 11:03 PM
I heard that Finishing Touch place in racine does that. Damages cars deliberately. Over quotes to save on deductible. Etc. I think they were under investigation for a while too. Some guys in the "tuner scene" were bragging about it to get body kits and shit.

0TransAm0
06-18-2009, 08:34 AM
I heard that Finishing Touch place in racine does that. Damages cars deliberately. Over quotes to save on deductible. Etc. I think they were under investigation for a while too. Some guys in the "tuner scene" were bragging about it to get body kits and shit.

this is very true.. hell the did it for me so i didn't have to pay the deductable.. and also fixed some damage my car had that was unrelated to the accident i had. and billed the insurance company for it. (this was for my old car and happend about 6 years ago)

and i know of a couple tuner cars that they did...

tommyt5078
06-18-2009, 09:00 AM
My Suv was hit a couple of years ago and when it got fixed we were told that since it was less then "3" years old by state law they had to replace everything with OEM parts, boy was I happy because we owned it for 31 months at that point.

DR.FORD
06-18-2009, 09:11 AM
My Suv was hit a couple of years ago and when it got fixed we were told that since it was less then "3" years old by state law they had to replace everything with OEM parts, boy was I happy because we owned it for 31 months at that point.

Thats not state law, but I'm happy they did that for you!

Rocket Power
06-18-2009, 11:27 AM
When my SuperCrew got rear ended last year and after going through all the waiting for the insurance company lady to finally do her job so it could get fixed then put on a sweet new chinese aftermarket bumper that was rust freckling through the chrome side in 3 MONTHS. I told the guy I would have rather had a used factory bumper since the 7 year old one hadn't rusted yet, he ended up going to bat for us and the insurance company put on a new factory Ford bumper on, seems like it would've been easier/cheaper to do that in the first place.:rolleyes:

DR.FORD
06-18-2009, 11:42 AM
a sweet new chinese aftermarket bumper

:rolf:rolfNo Replace-Pound Out, Save You Hunna bucks!:rolf:rolf

HY35F2T
06-18-2009, 12:08 PM
:rolf:rolfNo Replace-Pound Out, Save You Hunna bucks!:rolf:rolf

lol

Car Guy
06-18-2009, 12:10 PM
I'm still trying to find the definition of 'hunna', I think Jim has been working in Cudahy for far too long......:goof

DR.FORD
06-18-2009, 01:31 PM
I'm still trying to find the definition of 'hunna', I think Jim has been working in Cudahy for far too long......:goof

Drinking too much Cudahy water:rolf

Car Guy
06-18-2009, 01:34 PM
That would explain my issues......:goof