PDA

View Full Version : Wtf, another accident today... Harley - 1/ Chrylser - 0!!

Yooformula
06-15-2009, 03:21 PM
On 45 heading towards hales corners a Harley was riding in front of us 1 lane to our left and in the left turning lane was an OLD couple in a new Chrysler 300. No sooner than I can say it, the old fugger moves into his right lane without a blinker or LOOKING and not only sideswipes the harley but continues on as if he doesnt even know he's there! The bike's back tire was sideways and the rider fought like hell to keep it upright AND DID! Luckily we were behind it all and the moment gramps moved over we locked up the brakes and practically stopped traffic otherwise 4 lanes of traffic would have plowed right into them as the bike lost alot of speed trying to stay upright.

:rolleyes: Gramps words to me as he got out of his car were..."like I really need this right now" Thank God the rider wasnt hurt and the funny thing is the side rails on his bike SAVED his legs but the 300 front end was actually fukked!

pOrk
06-15-2009, 03:25 PM
What a douche, nice save for the biker sounds like.

88Nightmare
06-15-2009, 03:33 PM
:rolleyes: Gramps words to me as he got out of his car were..."like I really need this right now"

So the guy was seconds away from killing someone and comes out with a douche bag comment like that? :flipoff2:

Karps TA
06-15-2009, 03:39 PM
Old people are a bigger menance on the roads then drunk drivers.

Atleast the drunks have the courtesy to be on the roads late at night. Old people do their killing during the day.

MoCkiN U
06-15-2009, 03:41 PM
Old people are a bigger menance on the roads then drunk drivers.

Atleast the drunks have the courtesy to be on the roads late at night. Old people do their killing during the day.

wouldnt quite go that far but damn. With all those years of experience you would think he would be wiser and have more respect for life than to make a comment to get himself punched in the face.

WhatsADSM
06-15-2009, 03:44 PM
Crazy! So he actually hit the Harley with the FRONT of his car? I was expecting to see some damage in the rear blind spot area or something not the front.. WOW.

Any pics of the Harley?

0TransAm0
06-15-2009, 03:47 PM
if i was the guy on the bike i would have knocked that old POS the fuck out!

Bobby "Big Daddy" Flay
06-15-2009, 03:49 PM
Yoosef,

Your a good friend, but stay away from me while i'm driving down the road.

Wierd shit happens when you are around.

Yooformula
06-15-2009, 04:27 PM
ben my blindass would be the one helping your bum ass out! The harley rider just called me to thank us for stopping and update me on his accident. the repairs to his side hard cases and rail were $1400 alone and luckily no bodily damage and no bike damage either.

I posted the side rail pics but they are hard to see, the entire length of them were dented in and only the spot that got the hardest hit were scraped up. keep in mind this was at 65mph in 5 lanes of traffic and look at the car's damage!

Silver86
06-15-2009, 04:37 PM
wow...

TransAm12sec
06-15-2009, 04:44 PM
Loud pipes save lives, if you have your hearing aids in.

SSmike1
06-15-2009, 05:30 PM
YOSOFF, thank you for helping that guy out. I drive the same exact bike.
I truely appreciate you helping!

THANK YOU.

how could the car driver not see the bike, he hit the bike with the FRONT of his car!

did you call the cops for the Biker?
i hope the old guy got a ticket for attemped murder! or something.

2006wrxtr
06-15-2009, 05:30 PM
I drive all day long and between dumbasses on phones and old farts the highways are a dangerous place..

JBs92Lude
06-15-2009, 10:09 PM
Man, glad the biker was ok! They should have regular driving tests for the elderly. Some 90 year old pulled right in front of my mom and she flipped her van trying to avoid him. Although I have patients well into their 90's driving... kinda scary...

noeggs4u
06-15-2009, 10:18 PM
I also drive for aliving an over the years i have seen more near misses between cars and cycles,it seems inthe last few years it is getting worse.Thats why i bought a car instead of a bike,people do not look.2 years ago i was hit in the passenger side of my semi,the person said they did not see me!! How in the hell can you not see a semi.Glad to hear the guy was ok,sure his shorts where full.

TheRX7Project
06-15-2009, 10:54 PM
It's because people use their mirrors instead of actually LOOKING.

One thing my dad made sure to instillin my head when I was 15-1/2 was to look by turning my head, not just glance in the mirrors.

LIZMO
06-15-2009, 11:00 PM
old people suck @ driving. /thread

Yooformula
06-15-2009, 11:33 PM
sorry but blind spot mirrors imo are so much better than turning your entire head around to look out of the BLIND spot. No matter how you turn there will always be a spot you cant see behind the pillars, an extra blind spot mirror eliminates that.

lordairgtar
06-15-2009, 11:45 PM
Man, I drive the worlds worst vehicle when it comes to blind spots and you learn to use mirrors correctly. Turning my head would yield nothing as far as anything in the blind spot. You need to look in the mirrors. I've ridden cycles when I lived in Cali and I can tell you, it's scary when a big car is inching into your space and the only place for you to go is up on the sidewalk. Blind spot mirrors FTW.

TheRX7Project
06-16-2009, 02:07 AM
Yes, there are exceptions to the rule, but I really think it's better to take a quick glance, AND use the mirrors.

-stew-
06-16-2009, 10:04 AM
This is the reason I tend to ride like an asshole in traffic. I might be "that asshole that fuckin cut you off" but I saw you type seven words into your phone with out looking at the road. I'm not usually in one spot long enough for people to forget I'm there. I tend to take actions rather than be forced to make a reaction.

I wasn't there and didn't see wat happened and I'm not blaming the guy on the bike; but the left lane is for faster moving traffic. If he was putting along and let the old guy bump into him with an open shoulder and (assumed) room to move forward, then he wasn't paying enough attention.

Loud pipes don't save lives, proactive riding does. That $1000 set of extra loud pipes on your bike ain't got shit on the millions auto makers spent to keep their cabins quiet. Or the Suburban with over 9000 watts of stereo in the back. Or the stoner in the 1987 Stanza who has his Ipod on full blast.

Yooformula
06-16-2009, 10:41 AM
actually stew the left lane was the exit lane and the old guy was in it and needed to move over so he merged into the bike. I WAS there and the rider was clearly not in the wrong, he was in the center lane moving along with the flow with cars in front of him as well. The car driver was one of those idiots that realizes they are in an exit lane and cross a double solid line at the last second to move over cutting everyone off only this time he plowed into the motorcycle. The rider did an incredible job of keeping it upright even when the rear was sideways.

SSmike1
06-16-2009, 11:51 AM
Yoosof,
did the guy get a ticket, or anything, for running into the bike?

Thanks for helping, you know we would do the same for you!
:thumbsup

Yooformula
06-16-2009, 01:03 PM
he did get a ticket from what I was told Mike.

07ROUSHSTG3
06-16-2009, 01:12 PM
i do not know why anyone would want to drive a motorcycle alone on the highway nowadays. i can see if you are in a larger group, but, seeing how people drive on the freeway....HELL NO! i have a hard time keeping my sanity driving my expedition. to all those who do...be safe out there.

Holeshot
06-16-2009, 01:36 PM
he did get a ticket from what I was told Mike.

Should have been sent right to the DMV for a vision and on the spot road test.
God I hate Q tip drivers. :flipoff2:

TheRX7Project
06-16-2009, 02:21 PM
i do not know why anyone would want to drive a motorcycle alone on the highway nowadays. i can see if you are in a larger group, but, seeing how people drive on the freeway....HELL NO! i have a hard time keeping my sanity driving my expedition. to all those who do...be safe out there.

Hell no you're not even safe in a big group.

Last year I was at HWY100 and Oklahoma when a large group of bikers was turning left, and the turn arrow ended. There was still a couple bikers to go, so I kindly waited for them, since they were all in a group.

The guy in the right lane didn't feel the same. He basically gunned it and headed straight at the couple remaining bikers as they went through- I honestly thought he was going to hit them. He came within inches of tagging the last bike's rear tire.

What a bag of dicks.

drrodder
06-23-2009, 09:18 PM
Man, glad the biker was ok! They should have regular driving tests for the elderly.

Two years ago my father (who also has one of those handicap parking permits like this duffas has) had to take the state vision, writen and road test over to renew his licence. He is 74.

When on the freeway, I tend to keep my bike out of the center lane in case some I-DID-IT pulls a boner move like that. Then at least I have the emergancy lane as a back up. Good for the rider to hang on to the bike in that case. :thumbsup